Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Devices

Notices

Old 02-29-2012, 10:50 PM   #1
lateralex
lateralex began at the beginning.

Device: kingle touch
Kindle driving me nuts

For starters, I consider myself tech savvy, and am ready to throw the new kindle against the wall. I can't count the number of times I've had calibre copy the books over, and then find that they won't show up under My Items folder. Sometimes a combination of hard restarts, recopying, etc will get them to show up.

Am I the only one who has experienced this (as I can't figure out what to google to solve this)??
lateralex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-2012, 11:02 PM   #2
AnemicOak
Bookaholic
AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Mini 4, AuraHD, iPhone XR +
I've never had a problem with books showing up, but I don't use Calibre to copy them over so...

I do seem to remember someone having an issue like this that turned out to be a corrupted Mobi file, does this happen even when you copy one file (& have you tried different files)?

Are these DRM free Mobi's, books bought from Amazon or???

Do books show up OK if you simply drag 'n drop them into the Kindle's documents folder?
AnemicOak is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-29-2012, 11:04 PM   #3
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
No problems with a K4 NT

You are sending Mobi format???
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-2012, 11:09 PM   #4
rollerpen
rollerpen began at the beginning.

Device: kindle
Sorry to hear of the problem. I have not had a problem with Calibre with one exception. Changing pdf files to mobi always has some formating problems. I have stopped converting pdf which is no big deal.
rollerpen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-2012, 11:36 PM   #5
lateralex
lateralex began at the beginning.

Device: kingle touch
thanks for the replies. these are .mobi 'backups'. drag & drop did not work, so i started using calibre which ive at least had some success with. you may be right, that it is one file that is corrupting it - so i'll try using a smaller set of them for now.

check out this bizarre thread i found, i am definitely not alone. i just tried the 'fix' and sadly it didnt solve the problem outright.
http://www.amazon.com/forum/kindle?_...x3C318LNMKG05B
lateralex is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert