Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Android Devices > enTourage eDGe

Notices

Old 05-26-2011, 10:31 PM   #1
Tinah
Enthusiast
Tinah began at the beginning.

Device: Entourage Pocket Edge
How do I do a Factory Reset?

I've decided to hand over my PE to a family member and need to clear everything I've put on it (not much). How do I restore to original, i.e. delete my personal info, uploads etc.??
thanks so much
Oh...I read on the Entourage Forum "Look under Settings and select Privacy. There should be an option to do a Factory Data Reset."

BUT...I can get to Settings...but there is nothing that says Privacy...
Tinah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2011, 10:53 PM   #2
emusan
lol
emusan can extract oil from cheeseemusan can extract oil from cheeseemusan can extract oil from cheeseemusan can extract oil from cheeseemusan can extract oil from cheeseemusan can extract oil from cheeseemusan can extract oil from cheeseemusan can extract oil from cheese

Device: eDGe
Are you running Ermine? If so, are you sure that its not there? If not I think it may be under security and location, but I'm not really sure, I'm not used to 1.6.

I'll let you know if I find out anything more.

EDIT: found what you are looking for:
http://www.google.com/support/forum/...5e7e0687&hl=en
emusan is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-26-2011, 10:59 PM   #3
Tinah
Enthusiast

No, it's Dingo 1.6.
Old 05-26-2011, 11:07 PM   #4
emusan
lol
emusan can extract oil from cheeseemusan can extract oil from cheeseemusan can extract oil from cheeseemusan can extract oil from cheeseemusan can extract oil from cheeseemusan can extract oil from cheeseemusan can extract oil from cheeseemusan can extract oil from cheese

Device: eDGe
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tinah View Post
No, it's Dingo 1.6.
did the other instructions I had at the bottom of that post help? they are for 1.6 versions of android I think.
emusan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2011, 11:46 PM   #5
Filark
Armed with a smile :)
Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: enTourage eDGe & Pocket eDGe, Samsung Galaxy Note II
Tinah, there is a Factory Data Reset in Settings someplace near the bottom of the page (sorry -- running Ermine now ;/). It is in one of the eDGe listings, not anything obvious.

Tap Settings (either the app icon or from the menu button), then tap on the second to last heading (or the last, or third to last) and look for it there.

Good luck!
Let us know if you find it.
And tell why you are giving up your eDGe so soon!!
Filark is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-27-2011, 12:41 AM   #6
Tinah
Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by Filark View Post
Tinah, there is a Factory Data Reset in Settings someplace near the bottom of the page (sorry -- running Ermine now ;/). It is in one of the eDGe listings, not anything obvious.

Tap Settings (either the app icon or from the menu button), then tap on the second to last heading (or the last, or third to last) and look for it there.

Good luck!
Let us know if you find it.
And tell why you are giving up your eDGe so soon!!
nope...nothing that remotely says "Factory Data Reset" and I looked through everything.
However I'm quite sure it is reset, after I deleted some of my stuff, my wifi, and all looks back to way it was. (I used the hole for the paperclip).

Why am I giving up, lol...Wellllll, I don't have 'time' to figure everything out. It took me a long time to figure out what there was to know about Windows (Me, XP, Vista and 7, lol) I guess I don't have the patience either...this gizmo is great and it offers a lot...maybe too much for me.
Filark, Sarah, Boris, Emusan (and to all of you who are such patient souls)

The ANSWER for Factory Reset for DINGO is...
To set device to factory data settings: Go to Settings > Device Storage > and then scroll down and select Factory data reset.
tada!!

Last edited by Tinah; 05-27-2011 at 12:55 AM.
Old 05-27-2011, 12:56 AM   #7
Filark
Armed with a smile :)
Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: enTourage eDGe & Pocket eDGe, Samsung Galaxy Note II
Good luck, Tinah!!

That is one of the best reasons I know of to give away an eDGe. It took me a long time to figure out what for me were the essentials, but I have the time and I enjoy playing with -- er, I mean learning about (yah, that's it! ) -- the technology. It certainly is not the right device for everyone!!

You might look into getting a Kobo Reader -- the new ones look really sleek!

Filark
(and you are most welcome!)
Filark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2011, 01:08 AM   #8
Tinah
Enthusiast

Great suggestion Filark ! Will miss your 'Armed with a smile' and always helpful!
haha...ya, I'm thinking Kobo...maybe after Summer. Tourism starting here and I'm going to be right in it! all work and no play . Bummr...
lol
Take care and
Old 05-29-2011, 08:11 AM   #9
geneven1
Enthusiast
geneven1 began at the beginning.

Device: P. Edge, Kindle, N800-810-900
Factory reset in Ermine can be found in Settings/Privacy, btw. I thought that was odd.
geneven1 is offline   Reply With Quote