Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader

Notices

Old 09-19-2007, 09:42 AM   #76
NatCh
Gizmologist
NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Touch HD3
Glad we were able to help you out, jemedwards, welcome to MobileRead!
NatCh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2007, 04:31 PM   #77
shah8
shah8 began at the beginning.

Device: sony librie
Did anyone else get their sony card bill late?

I wound up not getting my first bill. Did that happen to anyone else?
shah8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-20-2007, 04:34 PM   #78
MikeF74
Groupie
MikeF74 began at the beginning.

Device: Sony PRS-505
Quote:
Originally Posted by shah8 View Post
I wound up not getting my first bill. Did that happen to anyone else?
Be very cautious of any CC bills you don't receive. Sony, through JPMorgan / Chase, love to constantly send blank "Convenience Checks" both with the bill and between bills. I've found that the safest thing to do, if you never plan on using such checks, is to call customer services and ask them not to send you blank checks. While you're there, ask that they not send you marketing material as well. This also stops all of the stupid inserts.

I've done this. And I also having a locking mailbox. I'm just paranoid that way. Is it wrong that I have a backup shredder?
MikeF74 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2007, 04:51 PM   #79
NatCh
Gizmologist
NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Touch HD3
Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeF74 View Post
Is it wrong that I have a backup shredder?
I suppose that depends on whether you mean you shred your shreddings in it or not.
NatCh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2007, 11:41 AM   #80
jpfletcher
jpfletcher began at the beginning.

Device: Sony Reader
I signed up for this deal on Sept.12 and I receive my card on Sept. 20. I activated my card then went to the Sony Rewards site and the Reader is out of stock. They say that they expect more, but they are not sure when.
jpfletcher is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-21-2007, 11:52 AM   #81
madmaxmedia
Connoisseur
madmaxmedia will become famous soon enoughmadmaxmedia will become famous soon enoughmadmaxmedia will become famous soon enoughmadmaxmedia will become famous soon enoughmadmaxmedia will become famous soon enoughmadmaxmedia will become famous soon enough

Device: Sony CLIE TG50
I got my card earlier in the week, and ordered my Sony Reader maybe Monday or Tuesday. When I ordered, it said out of stock, but still took my order.

I just got an email saying my order was cancelled, because the item is no longer available.

It would be nice if Sony allowed us to order the new model with a similar/fair discount.
madmaxmedia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2007, 12:00 PM   #82
jpfletcher
jpfletcher began at the beginning.

Quote:
Originally Posted by madmaxmedia View Post
I got my card earlier in the week, and ordered my Sony Reader maybe Monday or Tuesday. When I ordered, it said out of stock, but still took my order.

I just got an email saying my order was cancelled, because the item is no longer available.

It would be nice if Sony allowed us to order the new model with a similar/fair discount.
I called this number 1866 556 7669 and asked them about the Reader being no longer available and I was told that I would get one for the offer price when they are back in stock. Give them a call.
jpfletcher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2007, 12:28 PM   #83
Sportsman
Sportsman began at the beginning.

Device: none
Hope they get some in soon. I'm expecting my card to show up in the next day or two, given that I applied on the 14th. Was hoping to have my reader before the month was out.
Sportsman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2007, 12:44 PM   #84
madmaxmedia
Connoisseur
madmaxmedia will become famous soon enoughmadmaxmedia will become famous soon enoughmadmaxmedia will become famous soon enoughmadmaxmedia will become famous soon enoughmadmaxmedia will become famous soon enoughmadmaxmedia will become famous soon enough

Device: Sony CLIE TG50
Quote:
Originally Posted by jpfletcher View Post
I called this number 1866 556 7669 and asked them about the Reader being no longer available and I was told that I would get one for the offer price when they are back in stock. Give them a call.
Awesome, thanks for the info. I will call them ASAP.

FYI- the reader no longer even shows up on the Sony Rewards site. I understand they are routinely out of stock, but not sure if the item has ever been actually removed from the system.

In any case, I'll have to call them for details. I'll post anything I find-

EDIT- I can't find the sony reader when I seach for it on the site. When I look at my wish list, it is still there (I added it previously). When I click on the item, the page says 'no longer available.'

EDIT 2- They set up a special order for me. If you get your Sony card through this promotion, give them a call at 866 556 7669. They'll be able to place a special order for you since you signed up for the promotion. He took down my phone number, and said I'd probably get a call in the next couple of days.

The reader is definitely no longer available at the Sony Rewards site. But again, if you applied for the special offer and get your Sony card, you should be able to arrange with Sony to get the reader at the special price.

Last edited by madmaxmedia; 09-21-2007 at 12:57 PM.
madmaxmedia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2007, 01:09 PM   #85
Sportsman

Thanks for following up on that. That's definitely going to affect me; the only reason I applied for the card was to get the reader.
Old 09-21-2007, 01:16 PM   #86
Sportsman

...perfect timing too, because my card just arrived.
Old 09-21-2007, 01:27 PM   #87
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by madmaxmedia View Post
Awesome, thanks for the info. I will call them ASAP.

FYI- the reader no longer even shows up on the Sony Rewards site. I understand they are routinely out of stock, but not sure if the item has ever been actually removed from the system.

In any case, I'll have to call them for details. I'll post anything I find-

EDIT- I can't find the sony reader when I seach for it on the site. When I look at my wish list, it is still there (I added it previously). When I click on the item, the page says 'no longer available.'

EDIT 2- They set up a special order for me. If you get your Sony card through this promotion, give them a call at 866 556 7669. They'll be able to place a special order for you since you signed up for the promotion. He took down my phone number, and said I'd probably get a call in the next couple of days.

The reader is definitely no longer available at the Sony Rewards site. But again, if you applied for the special offer and get your Sony card, you should be able to arrange with Sony to get the reader at the special price.
That is exactly what happened with me. I just got off the phone and should get a call Monday or Tuesday. Then I can place the order. And I asked if I'd get the Reader by January and was told that yes I would. So I'm hoping to get it by December really. That would be ok with me.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2007, 06:59 AM   #88
jemedwards
jemedwards began at the beginning.

Sony URL for Reader

I used this URL to apply for the card >>>>http://www.sonycard.sony.com/sonygat...erlink=iklipze

Maybe they should annotate the page about it being out of stock.

I ordered my reader on 9/18 and the receipt confirmation doesn't say anything about it being on backorder. Is that where it would have that information? I went into my account's redemption history to verify that a backorder statement wasn't in that area either and it wasn't.

I'll be prepared for that backordered e-mail now that I've read these last few posts.
jemedwards is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2007, 05:07 PM   #89
jemedwards
jemedwards began at the beginning.

Got my cancellation e-mail

OK - so I got the e-mail cancelling my order because the item is no longer available.

I called the 1-866 number posted in this thread (thanks!) and was told that I can place the order again at the sonyrewards site on Friday or Monday, at the latest. He said that Sony cancelled all the pending orders and is having everyone resubmit their order. The customer rep said that Sony took the Reader off the order redemption website and will put it back up on Friday or Monday.

The customer rep was very courteous and polite. He put me on hold while he confirmed what he was seeing on his system about the process of reordering the reader.

He confirmed the information and also provided me his name and employee number.

So I'll keep checking the website to see if they've put it back up for ordering.
jemedwards is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2007, 05:50 PM   #90
phrodod
Enthusiast
phrodod began at the beginning.

Device: Sony Reader PRS-500
Per the offer (if you click on the little footnote 1 at the top), the small print states:

Quote:
... $49.95 price applies only to purchases of the Sony Reader (FRPRS500U) made at SonyRewards.com with the Sony Card on or before 9/30/2007. ...
That's Sunday night. If the Reader isn't available until Monday, this seems like a sneaky way to try to get people to miss this offer...

Call Sony up immediately if you don't see it on Friday, as Monday will be TOO LATE!

Good luck, all!

Last edited by phrodod; 09-25-2007 at 06:14 PM. Reason: Updating the wording
phrodod is offline   Reply With Quote