Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > PocketBook

Notices

Old 06-28-2017, 10:46 PM   #91
rkomar
Wizard
rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-505, PB 902, PRS-T1, PB 623, PB 840, PB 633
Try logging in as "reader" rather than "sreader". I think the latest firmware versions went back to that user name.
rkomar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2017, 02:00 PM   #92
xl743
xl743 does all things with Zen-like beautyxl743 does all things with Zen-like beautyxl743 does all things with Zen-like beautyxl743 does all things with Zen-like beautyxl743 does all things with Zen-like beautyxl743 does all things with Zen-like beautyxl743 does all things with Zen-like beautyxl743 does all things with Zen-like beautyxl743 does all things with Zen-like beautyxl743 does all things with Zen-like beautyxl743 does all things with Zen-like beauty

Device: Kindle Oasis, Pocketbook 840-2
rkomar, thank you! It worked like a charm, I was able to connect via WinSCP and Filezilla. Do I understand correctly that ssh -T option and PuTTY "Don't allocate a pseudo-terminal" option means I will not be able to use shell on my PB 840-2 device?
xl743 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2017, 02:22 PM   #93
rkomar
Wizard
rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by xl743 View Post
rkomar, thank you! It worked like a charm, I was able to connect via WinSCP and Filezilla. Do I understand correctly that ssh -T option and PuTTY "Don't allocate a pseudo-terminal" option means I will not be able to use shell on my PB 840-2 device?
No, you can still get a shell, but it will be missing a lot of functionality. If you want a fully featured shell, you should also install the utelnetd package, as well. I only use the ssh shell for quick, simple sessions. I use the telnet shell when I want to do more complicated stuff (like use vi to edit files).
Old 06-29-2017, 02:36 PM   #94
xl743
xl743 does all things with Zen-like beautyxl743 does all things with Zen-like beautyxl743 does all things with Zen-like beautyxl743 does all things with Zen-like beautyxl743 does all things with Zen-like beautyxl743 does all things with Zen-like beautyxl743 does all things with Zen-like beautyxl743 does all things with Zen-like beautyxl743 does all things with Zen-like beautyxl743 does all things with Zen-like beautyxl743 does all things with Zen-like beauty

rkomar, thank you, I will take a look at utelnetd package. But is there any trick to establish ssh session with PuTTY? I was able to log in with "Don't allocate a pseudo-terminal" option, but session itself didn't seem to be working, just black window with "login" and "Auth" strings on top. No error messages, no session termination, but any key press did not work.
Old 06-29-2017, 03:33 PM   #95
rkomar
Wizard

I don't really know. I don't use Windows, so I'm not very familiar with putty. If you got it to work with scp, then I think getting it to work with ssh should be possible. Command-line ssh only requires the "-p 1124 -T" options be added, so getting putty to duplicate that shouldn't be too hard. Are you sure that it is not working? There is no prompt displayed, so it may look like it is not working. Try typing 'pwd', hit return, and see if anything gets printed out.
Old 06-30-2017, 03:04 PM   #96
xl743

rkomar, so far it's not clear to me how to get it working. When I try to connect with PuTTY it seems to connect, but any input does not produce any output. I tried "pwd" command but it did not work, at least my PuTTY windows remained black. But when I click on "sshd_stop" on my PB device - PuTTY connection closes immediately, which means ssh session works, but just does not show anything in PuTTY window. I'm going to fiddle with PuTTY options or maybe just set up a Linux virtual machine to connect to my PB.

But anyway thank you for your help! At least I've got WinSCP working.
Old 04-19-2019, 04:15 AM   #97
psajko
psajko began at the beginning.

Device: PocketBook Touch HD
@rkomar
I tried to run it on PocketBook Touch HD (PB631) with the software version U631.5.17.1409 and I keep getting errors, due to incorrect OpenSSL version:
"OpenSSL version mismatch. Built against 1000107f, you have 100020df"
I will be grateful for your help.
psajko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2019, 12:46 PM   #98
rkomar
Wizard

The package would need to be rebuilt against the libraries used on the device. The latest PocketBook SDK I have is a few years old, and it still has the older OpenSSL version. If you can find a newer version of the PocketBook SDK that matches your device, you can follow the build instructions in the pb_sshd/README.txt file that comes in my package to create your own version. Otherwise, I would say that you won't be able to use my package.

Perhaps you can use the vsftpd package instead of sshd for copying files to the device. See the following post for more info:https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sh...6&postcount=14

Last edited by rkomar; 04-19-2019 at 12:50 PM.
Old 12-24-2020, 05:11 PM   #99
Skeeve
Zealot
Skeeve ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skeeve ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skeeve ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skeeve ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skeeve ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skeeve ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skeeve ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skeeve ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skeeve ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skeeve ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skeeve ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 4.1.1 no touch
I have the same issue as @psajko. I assume you haven't found any newer SDK, have you?

BTW: Instead of using the sh_ivtool, just for displaying a message, one can use
Code:
dialog 3 "" "sshd is listening at  ${IP}:${PORT}" Okay
Skeeve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2020, 06:10 PM   #100
rkomar
Wizard

Unfortunately, PB gave the same target name to the SDKs for the firmware 5 and firmware 6 devices. So, I cannot install both simultaneously on my system. I tried to build my own toolchain for cross-compiling for firmware 6, but I can't get gcc to build without errors. So, no, I haven't been able to build a new version of pb_sshd for devices with firmware 6.

"dialog" is only available on the latest firmware devices. The older devices where pb_sshd still works don't have dialog, so it doesn't make sense to update the scripts for that.

The root kit for recent devices has ssh tools, so it would probably be best to use that instead of trying to use this application. Who knows when I will get a new version of pb_sshd to build and work on recent devices.
Old 12-28-2020, 03:46 PM   #101
rkomar
Wizard

I finally managed to build my own toolchain to match the latest SDK, so I was able to build a version of pbsshd that works on devices with firmware version 6. It works on my PB Colour (633), so fingers crossed that it also works on other recent devices. See the pbsshd_1.3_fwv6.zip attachment available in the first post in this thread. Log in as user "reader" on the latest devices.

I haven't tried the root kit for recent devices, but I understand that it also provides an sshd daemon. It's probably even easier to set up than this package. If you installed the root kit, then you don't need this one. This is for anyone who wants ssh access to their device but can't or doesn't want to install the root kit.