Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Sigil

Notices

Old 06-18-2017, 01:05 PM   #1
AlanHK
Guru
AlanHK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlanHK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlanHK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlanHK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlanHK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlanHK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlanHK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlanHK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlanHK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlanHK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlanHK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PW-3, iPad, Android phone
"unused stylesheet class" is actually used

In this ePub I used this pair of style definitions:

Code:
.letter, .letter1 {
    display: block;
    margin-bottom: 0;
    margin-left: 2em;
    margin-right: 1em;
    margin-top: 0em;
    text-align: left;
    text-indent: 2em;
    }

.letter1 {
    margin-top: 2em;
    text-indent: 0;
    }
And in the pages used them:

Code:
<p class="letter1">Dear Mr. Wells,</p>

<p class="letter">Your attendance is requested in an investigation
of grave importance to the Royal Family of the Nederlands. Please
consult S. Holmes posthaste regarding your willingness to participate.</p>

<p class="letter">Sec. to H.M. Emma of Waldeck-Pyrmont</p>

The idea being to have the first line of a letter with a top margin and no indent, otherwise the same as the "body" of the letter.

This looked as expected and validated with epubcheck.
But running Sigil's "Delete Unused Stylesheet Classes" and it includes "letter1" as unused.

Is this a bug in that function, or is this kind of CSS invalid?
AlanHK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2017, 01:18 PM   #2
KevinH
Sigil Developer
KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: many
Which version of Sigil? There was a similar bug fixed in an earlier but recent version of Sigil but I am not sure which one.

If the latest version, 0.9.8 then most probably a bug in Sigil that I will track down and fix.

Last edited by KevinH; 06-18-2017 at 01:21 PM.
KevinH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2017, 01:42 PM   #3
Doitsu
Grand Sorcerer
Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW2
Quote:
Originally Posted by KevinH View Post
Which version of Sigil? There was a similar bug fixed in an earlier but recent version of Sigil but I am not sure which one.
Quote:
Originally Posted by AlanHK View Post
I'm using Sigil 0.91.
Quote:
If the latest version, 0.9.8 then most probably a bug in Sigil that I will track down and fix.
I wasn't able to reproduce this issue with the 64bit 0.9.8 Windows version.

Last edited by Doitsu; 06-18-2017 at 01:49 PM.
Doitsu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2017, 01:49 PM   #4
KevinH
Sigil Developer
KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: many
So it is most probably a css parsing bug already fixed.

Thanks for testing it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doitsu View Post
I wasn't able to reproduce this issue with 64bit 0.9.8 Windows version.
KevinH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2017, 03:30 PM   #5
Turtle91
A Hairy Wizard
Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone 11/X/6/iPad 1,2,Air & Air Pro/Surface Pro/Kindle PW & Fire
The only consistent issue I've seen with the remove unused stylesheet classes tool is that it still doesn't recognize when pseudo-element selectors have been used in the document.

eg.
p.first:first-letter
p.first:first-line

Even when <p class="first"> is used in the document they are still tagged for deletion. It is easy enough to uncheck the box, but only if you know to look for it.
Turtle91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2017, 04:37 PM   #6
wrCisco
Enthusiast
wrCisco ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wrCisco ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wrCisco ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wrCisco ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wrCisco ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wrCisco ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wrCisco ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wrCisco ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wrCisco ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wrCisco ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wrCisco ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Quote:
Originally Posted by Turtle91 View Post
The only consistent issue I've seen with the remove unused stylesheet classes tool is that it still doesn't recognize when pseudo-element selectors have been used in the document.
I'm just making a quick reappearance to do a shameless promotion of the plugin I published here at MobileRead last year, cssRemoveUnusedSelectors, that goes over that and other limitations of the standard Sigil tool.

Just in case new users lost it...

Quote:
Which version of Sigil?
You fixed that bug before releasing v0.9.6 (I remember testing it...).

I don't use Sigil anymore as much as I'd like, but it's always a pleasure to read and see the great work that maintainers and active users do.
wrCisco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2017, 04:42 PM   #7
DiapDealer
Grand Sorcerer
DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Kindle Fire HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by wrCisco View Post
I'm just making a quick reappearance to do a shameless promotion of the plugin I published here at MobileRead last year, cssRemoveUnusedSelectors, that goes over that and other limitations of the standard Sigil tool.

Just in case new users lost it...
Ack! I should have remembered that. I use your plugin enough that you'd think that wouldn't happen.
DiapDealer is offline   Reply With Quote