Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Plugins

Notices

Old 08-27-2013, 12:10 PM   #646
jgoguen
Generally Awesome Person
jgoguen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgoguen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgoguen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgoguen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgoguen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgoguen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgoguen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgoguen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgoguen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgoguen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgoguen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Clara HD, Kindle Oasis
File a bug?
jgoguen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2013, 12:53 PM   #647
buffaloseven
Watching the Sky
buffaloseven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.buffaloseven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.buffaloseven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.buffaloseven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.buffaloseven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.buffaloseven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.buffaloseven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.buffaloseven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.buffaloseven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.buffaloseven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.buffaloseven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura
Quote:
Originally Posted by jgoguen View Post
File a bug?
I guess so, just thought I'd ask in case there was something dumb I'm missing (I do have modify CSS selected). I'll file a bug next time I'm at my desktop.
buffaloseven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2013, 03:49 PM   #648
jgoguen
Generally Awesome Person
jgoguen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgoguen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgoguen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgoguen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgoguen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgoguen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgoguen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgoguen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgoguen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgoguen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgoguen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Actually looks like you're using a feature of the mainline driver.

Hey davidfor, have fun https://bugs.launchpad.net/calibre/+bug/1217488
Old 08-27-2013, 10:29 PM   #649
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo:Touch,Glo, AuraH2O, GloHD,AuraONE, ClaraHD, Libra H2O; tolinoepos
Gee, thanks. I think

I'll have a look but nothing should have changed.
davidfor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2013, 11:28 PM   #650
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

I think I have to kick it back. If a container is passed into _modify_epub in the main container, it doesn't commit the changes. It assumes the calling code is opening and closing the container. The way you are calling it means the commit is not done.
Old 08-28-2013, 04:34 AM   #651
jgoguen
Generally Awesome Person

Alright, kick it over and I'll add a call to commit(). I like one-line fixes
Old 08-28-2013, 10:39 AM   #652
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Originally Posted by jgoguen View Post
Alright, kick it over and I'll add a call to commit(). I like one-line fixes
Done.
Old 08-28-2013, 07:31 PM   #653
jgoguen
Generally Awesome Person

The "hot potato" bug is fixed. Look for a calibre update notice in the next couple hours (or whenever the plugin site updates).

For anyone interested, I've started taking BitCoin donations, send to my wallet at 1JwHa28vQ33FzCofRMNgpzfUcNGpoh3hUR. From other donations, I'm about 65% of the way to the cost of the Aura HD, or about 73% of the way to the cost of the new Aura (which I assume will basically be the same as the Aura HD, but smaller).

And here's me hoping that Kobo has made some glassmaking breakthrough and the Aura's "edge to edge" glass screen doesn't have the same glare as every other device with glass screens (or, you know, more ideally that it's not actually glass...)
Old 08-28-2013, 09:13 PM   #654
buffaloseven
Watching the Sky
buffaloseven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.buffaloseven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.buffaloseven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.buffaloseven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.buffaloseven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.buffaloseven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.buffaloseven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.buffaloseven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.buffaloseven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.buffaloseven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.buffaloseven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura
Thanks for the quick work, guys! Glad I stumbled on something rather important
buffaloseven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2013, 04:26 AM   #655
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer

Just as a heads up, https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho....php?p=2606586 reports a problem if you do an "Add to library" from the device list. It looks like it only happens with sideloaded kepubs. I don't think it is directly related to the driver as when I renamed an epub to be a ".kepub.epub", it failed as well. I'm going to have a look at what is happening, but it is an area of calibre that I haven't really looked at before.

The other thing that this brings up is that adding a sideloaded kepub from the device should add the book as a kepub. At the moment, I think calibre is trying to add it back as a epub.

Edit: Looks like it is something in the main driver. It is part of the pre-Touch driver. I'll have to work out what to do with it.

Last edited by davidfor; 08-29-2013 at 04:40 AM.
Old 08-29-2013, 05:09 PM   #656
jgoguen
Generally Awesome Person

If anyone happens to stumble across some extra sleep, or if you figure out how to add more hours to a day for sleeping, let me know?

Mini-Me will be arriving "real soon now" (so, you know, within the next day or so ) so I'd be greatly appreciative of any spare sleep you can send. I've figured out PayPal for currency, and BitCoin for... well... BitCoin so surely there's a way to let you fine people all donate some sleep. Right? Maybe?
Old 09-01-2013, 11:55 AM   #657
RiverRaid
RiverRaid began at the beginning.

Device: Sony PRS-650
hi!

Problem solved, my fault :/
RiverRaid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2013, 11:48 AM   #658
glos
Zealot
glos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.glos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.glos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.glos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.glos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.glos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.glos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.glos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.glos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.glos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.glos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura HD
I had this message today, after updating calibre (from 0.9.40), I tried updating the plugin (from 1.5 i think):
calibre, version 1.1.0
Code:
ERROR: Install Plugin Failed: A problem occurred while installing this plugin. This plugin will now be uninstalled. Please post the error message in details below into the forum thread for this plugin and restart Calibre.

Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "site-packages/calibre/gui2/dialogs/plugin_updater.py", line 677, in _install_clicked
  File "site-packages/calibre/customize/ui.py", line 361, in add_plugin
  File "site-packages/calibre/customize/ui.py", line 53, in load_plugin
  File "site-packages/calibre/customize/zipplugin.py", line 167, in load
  File "site-packages/calibre/customize/zipplugin.py", line 150, in load_module
  File "calibre_plugins.kobotouch_extended.__init__", line 7, in <module>
  File "site-packages/calibre/customize/zipplugin.py", line 150, in load_module
  File "calibre_plugins.kobotouch_extended.device.driver", line 21, in <module>
ImportError: cannot import name KEPubContainer
it seems the 1.5 is still there, will it work anyway?
glos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2013, 01:54 PM   #659
jgoguen
Generally Awesome Person

Probably not. There were changes after v1.5 requiring calibre 0.9.44 or later. Try removing the plugin, restart calibre, and reinstall it. You should not lose any of your settings by doing this, they're stored separately from the plugin itself.

The only nice way to avoid this in the future is to install both calibre and plugin updates fairly soon after they're released. Upgrades are only tested (and supported) using the current versions.
Old 09-05-2013, 03:02 PM   #660
snowstone
Connoisseur
snowstone doesn't littersnowstone doesn't litter

Device: Kobo Aura edition 2
Is there a way to make the ebooks display what is it's number in a collection, without configuring the plugin to change the name of the ebook?

Most probably not, not sure if Kobo even supports such feature.
snowstone is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
error, kobo aura one