Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Plugins

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 10-03-2012, 01:02 PM   #901
JimmXinu
Plugin Developer
JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite(10th)
Version 1.6.12 - 03 Oct 2012
Old 10-03-2012, 01:03 PM   #902
cryzed
Evangelist
cryzed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cryzed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cryzed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cryzed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cryzed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cryzed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cryzed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cryzed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cryzed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cryzed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cryzed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2
That's strange, I have these options enabled but on my Kindle the TOC page doesn't show up after the titlepage (with the metadata etc.), is it possible that it is somehow stripped during the conversion process?

EDIT: Nevermind, I was being dumb, it was specifically disabled in the [epub] section.

Last edited by cryzed; 10-03-2012 at 01:08 PM.
Old 10-03-2012, 01:13 PM   #903
JimmXinu
Plugin Developer
JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

@cryzed -

Are you sure you have them in the [epub] section? Putting it in your [defaults] section will be overridden by [epub] from defaults.ini.
Old 10-03-2012, 01:29 PM   #904
cryzed
Evangelist
cryzed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cryzed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cryzed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cryzed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cryzed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cryzed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cryzed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cryzed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cryzed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cryzed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cryzed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2
Works now Jimm, thanks. And seems that you are right, I thought it would be a matter of modifying the TOC html to contain a <div id="toc"> tag, but apparently that is stripped during the epub->mobi conversion... if one could prevent Calibre from so aggressively stripping all these tags it would probably work, but alas I haven't found the correct option.

EDIT: It seems like the table of contents is used when I convert the epub to azw3 instead of mobi. Or not, oh well, it's too much of a hassle for such an unimportant feature.

Thanks again.

Last edited by cryzed; 10-03-2012 at 01:34 PM.
Old 10-04-2012, 03:36 PM   #905
Firedancer885
Occassional Beta Tester
Firedancer885 can teach chickens to fly.Firedancer885 can teach chickens to fly.Firedancer885 can teach chickens to fly.Firedancer885 can teach chickens to fly.Firedancer885 can teach chickens to fly.Firedancer885 can teach chickens to fly.Firedancer885 can teach chickens to fly.Firedancer885 can teach chickens to fly.Firedancer885 can teach chickens to fly.Firedancer885 can teach chickens to fly.Firedancer885 can teach chickens to fly.

Device: Samsung Galaxy Tab 4 (wifi only)
Lightbulb

Jimm,

soo much. I just realized what a true goodsend this plugin is. Mainly the option to batch download stories directly into Calibre.
And a big to the entire developer team.
Old 10-06-2012, 10:53 AM   #906
crackshot91
Enthusiast
crackshot91 has learned how to buy an e-book online

Device: Kindle 3G
Hey, Jimm, I was wondering... Do you think it'd be possible to put in a safeguard for updating stories so that if a new version of a story has fewer chapters than an existing version, it's possible to skip those updates? Does the log report that chapters of a story were removed when it asks to update?

I haven't actually encountered this problem yet, but I am worried that if an author decides to "rewrite" their story, I'll lose the existing book.

I feel like I'm being paranoid. :P
Old 10-06-2012, 11:04 AM   #907
JimmXinu
Plugin Developer

@crackshot91 - That check is already in there for 'epub update'--if there are fewer chapters on the site than in the epub, it reports that and doesn't update, even if you selected 'update always'.

You're no more paranoid than I am--that check has been in there since the first 'update' version.
Old 10-06-2012, 11:11 PM   #908
crackshot91
Enthusiast
crackshot91 has learned how to buy an e-book online

Device: Kindle 3G
Haha, that's awesome! Thanks, Jimm.
Old 10-07-2012, 03:03 PM   #909
iatheia
Zealot
iatheia has become one with the cosmosiatheia has become one with the cosmosiatheia has become one with the cosmosiatheia has become one with the cosmosiatheia has become one with the cosmosiatheia has become one with the cosmosiatheia has become one with the cosmosiatheia has become one with the cosmosiatheia has become one with the cosmosiatheia has become one with the cosmosiatheia has become one with the cosmos

Device: Kindle 3, Icarus Illumina XL, Boyue T62
I had something weird happen yesterday. Wasn't able to replicate it, and upon deleting a story from the library redownloading it fixes the problem (but not overwriting it while it was still in the library, strangely enough), so it isn't really that much of an issue, but I was curious if this happened to anyone before or what might be causing it.

I was downloading a few stories in bulk. Two of them had a very similar storyID, 1574 and 157, 1 and 3 chapters long respectively. Instead of two stories I have gotten only one - with title, author and first chapter from the first story, and the metadata page and chapter 2 and 3 from the second one.
Old 10-07-2012, 03:46 PM   #910
JimmXinu
Plugin Developer

Hmm. That's odd.

Actually, that looks like it's a calibre bug with equality search by identifier.

I've opened a bug for it:

https://bugs.launchpad.net/calibre/+bug/1063395

I'd rather see it fixed in calibre than to try and work around it in FFDL.

In the mean time, you can still find and select the two books in calibre and hit update. Unlike add/update by URL, that will definitely update both correctly--there's no URL searching done in that case.

Jim
Old 10-08-2012, 11:10 AM   #911
JimmXinu
Plugin Developer

Not a calibre bug after all.

Equality searches on identifiers have a special syntax:
  • identifiers:=isbn:123 will find books with a type equal to isbn having a value containing 123.
  • identifiers:=isbn:=123456789 will find books with a type equal to isbn having a value equal to 123456789.
http://manual.calibre-ebook.com/gui....arch-interface

I'll release a corrected version of FFDL PI shortly.
Old 10-08-2012, 12:07 PM   #912
JimmXinu
Plugin Developer

Version 1.6.13 - 08 Oct 2012

Fix for identifiers URL search.
Old 10-08-2012, 12:54 PM   #913
dailyalice
Geek of All Trades
dailyalice rocks like Gibraltar!dailyalice rocks like Gibraltar!dailyalice rocks like Gibraltar!dailyalice rocks like Gibraltar!dailyalice rocks like Gibraltar!dailyalice rocks like Gibraltar!dailyalice rocks like Gibraltar!dailyalice rocks like Gibraltar!dailyalice rocks like Gibraltar!dailyalice rocks like Gibraltar!dailyalice rocks like Gibraltar!

Device: Kindle Oasis (3rd gen)
Documentation for Organizing Fanfic in Calibre

Hey everybody!

I've started putting together my attempt at a document (or series of webpages) on "How to use Calibre to organize a fan fiction library" which of course will feature this plug-in heavily, but I also want to write down the steps people might take in Calibre in general, what other plug-ins they might install and configure, etc.

Obviously reading habits and gadgets vary. Still I think there are enough people out there reading fanfic who'd find these tools handy, but aren't up to figuring every detail out themselves (or who could benefit from the experience of those of us who have spent months tweaking our settings and libraries) that I figured such a thing was worth a shot. Plus documenting what I've done will help me remember too! I'll try to focus on tips I think many would agree on, but also could post a number of different ways to do certain things too (like what Kindle users prefer vs. Nook users or whatever).

Once I started I realized a person could go into this in some depth-- even just where a person decides to save their files and install their software! Whether or not to use one library or if there are benefits to multiple libraries. Lots of stuff. Yikes.

But I was thinking more of stuff like what custom columns to set-up (which map to metadata this plug-in can download). But also dealing with collections, custom covers, tweaking things with regular expressions, etc.

Could even include sample personal.inis (or sections of them) or templates for covers and such things if people opted to share that stuff. Even standard cover images-- I know I have tried to find or create some good ones for specific fandoms or pairings and I can't be alone in that.

So. Help! We don't want to fill or derail this thread with this stuff, though of course if you want to share what you've done with this plug-in this may be an appropriate place to share it. But if you want to contribute some other (or more detailed) content or have ideas for things I could cover, please get in touch with me in messages here (or I'm also "dailyalice" on AO3 and Livejournal and you can reach me there). My plan is to put this stuff on the web for all to see and once I start doing that, I'll post a link here. I dunno. I could even create a small wiki and people could have at it if there was interest.

Of course I'll credit any contributors (unless they don't want me to). And link to any existing resources out there. (If you have links to suggest, you can pass those along too.)

Thanks!
Old 10-08-2012, 04:55 PM   #914
citac
Fanatic
citac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.citac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.citac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.citac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.citac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.citac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.citac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.citac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.citac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.citac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.citac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Lenovo Yoga Tab 2 (Android)
Quote:
Originally Posted by dailyalice View Post
Hey everybody!

I've started putting together my attempt at a document (or series of webpages) on "How to use Calibre to organize a fan fiction library" which of course will feature this plug-in heavily, but I also want to write down the steps people might take in Calibre in general, what other plug-ins they might install and configure, etc.

[snip]

Thanks!
That would be very much appreciated, as I started using this plugin only recently, and would love to read some advice on how others organize their fanfiction library.
Old 10-08-2012, 05:09 PM   #915
JimmXinu
Plugin Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by dailyalice View Post
My process involves FFDL, Reading List (see here for a slightlly out of date write up), SmartEject, View Manager, and a small handful of custom columns.

Since calling them is even integrated into FFDL, Generate Cover and Count Pages should definitely get mentions, too.
Closed Thread