Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > More E-Book Readers > iRiver Story

Notices

Old 07-25-2012, 05:58 AM   #1
joehill
joehill began at the beginning.

Device: iriver Story HD W-Fi
Problem charging battery

Hello,
when I plug the reader to charge the battery in the battery icon in the reader appears a little thunderbold, saying that the battery is being charged. But I've noticed that this icon never disappears when the battery is full charged. I have left the reader plugged for more than 12 hours and the icon shows that battery is still charging. Is this an issue? The icon should change to show that battery is full charged?
thanks
joehill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2012, 06:29 AM   #2
frostschutz
Linux User
frostschutz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frostschutz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frostschutz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frostschutz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frostschutz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frostschutz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frostschutz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frostschutz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frostschutz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frostschutz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frostschutz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
The icon for fully charged battery is a solid black bar, ie. the usual bars |||| connected to a single solid bold bar thingy. It's not very reliable though; it never showed up on my Story HD Basic, and only rarely shows up on my Story HD Wifi.

I'm hoping it's a cosmetic problem only - when I hook up the reader over night and disconnect it in the morning, the battery is charged either way.
frostschutz is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-25-2012, 07:32 AM   #3
joehill
joehill began at the beginning.

Device: iriver Story HD W-Fi
OK, so it's a common issue of this reader, not a failure of my device. I have also seen the icon you say, but only a couple of times. Usually the icon with the thunderbolt never disappears.
Thanks for your answer!
joehill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2012, 11:17 AM   #4
CJJ
Zealot
CJJ can program the VCR without an owner's manual.CJJ can program the VCR without an owner's manual.CJJ can program the VCR without an owner's manual.CJJ can program the VCR without an owner's manual.CJJ can program the VCR without an owner's manual.CJJ can program the VCR without an owner's manual.CJJ can program the VCR without an owner's manual.CJJ can program the VCR without an owner's manual.CJJ can program the VCR without an owner's manual.CJJ can program the VCR without an owner's manual.CJJ can program the VCR without an owner's manual.

Device: laptop, iriver Story HD, Galaxy Tab2 10.1
I have the same experience on my three Story HD devices. Sometimes they will show a solid bar, sometimes not. No worries, just enjoy.
CJJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2012, 07:09 AM   #5
Namekuseijin
affordable chipmunk
Namekuseijin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Namekuseijin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Namekuseijin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Namekuseijin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Namekuseijin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Namekuseijin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Namekuseijin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Namekuseijin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Namekuseijin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Namekuseijin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Namekuseijin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony XPeria ZL, Kindle Paperwhite
hmm, I've had the solid bar this morning, but it's now already at 3 separate bars. Indeed battery life is a weakness of the device. But I'm guessing it's still far ahead of at most 2 days (without connection) of my smartphone.
Namekuseijin is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert