Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader > Kobo Tablets

Notices

Old 01-14-2018, 07:08 PM   #1
Dougj
Dougj began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Aura
Kobo Aura sync

I have had a Kobo Aura for some time and use ADE (Adobe digital editions) on a windows 10 machine to sync my books from the local library onto my Kobo. However, frequently the books fail to sync between ADE and the device. I have tried using an older XP machine that works frequently but it too fails at times. I have also played with the various versions of ADE to get it to work with windows 10. Basically it seems to be a hit and miss as to when it will work and when it will fail. Its just a pain.

The other day a neighbour asked me to set up her new Kobo Aura One. I loaded the Kobo app on her ipad, followed the instructions to borrow books from the local library, within the app, and it worked perfect. With the Aura One the books showed up on my Kobo as soon as I synced it right from the sync icon on the ereader. Piece of cake.

As a result I thought I would try the Kobo app on my Samsung tablet and avoid using my windows PC anymore. I loaded the android version of the app on my tablet. I can sign books out of the library, or purchase them, and put them on the Samsung tablet, using the app. It works great and I can read books on my tablet. However the books do not show up on my Kobo ereader when I sync it, right from the reader. Is this because it is only an Aura and not an aura one? Is there a way I can resolve this without going back to my windows PC and ADE?

Thanks
Doug
Dougj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2018, 08:11 PM   #2
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo:Touch,Glo, AuraH2O, GloHD,AuraONE, ClaraHD, Libra H2O; tolinoepos
Unfortunately, the on-device borrowing function has only been added to the Aura ONE. At this point, it doesn't look like Kobo are extending this to the other devices. But, I suspect that if they ever do, it will only be to the newer devices.

While the on-device borrowing isn't enable, for people with an Aura ONE and another Kobo devices, books borrowed using the OD account associated with the Kobo account on the Aura ONE, will sync to other devices using the same Kobo account. In the past, it was possible to setup the OD account on the Aura ONE and then signout of the Aura ONE. Then, books borrowed using OD would still appear on the other Kobo devices using the Kobo account. But, this no longer seems to be working. Or at least it didn't the when I tried recently.
davidfor is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-14-2018, 10:24 PM   #3
Dougj
Dougj began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Aura
Thanks for the confirmation. Its sad there is no good, simple solution.
Dougj is offline   Reply With Quote