Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader > Kobo Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 06-17-2015, 05:21 AM   #16
tshering
Wizard
tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kobo touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by kaznelson View Post
This link is broken...
I corrected it. The link is this.

Last edited by tshering; 06-17-2015 at 05:36 AM.
tshering is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2015, 11:16 AM   #17
boriar
Evangelist
boriar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boriar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boriar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boriar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boriar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boriar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boriar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boriar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boriar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boriar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boriar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: bq Avant XL, Kobo Aura H2O, Onyx Boox M96C Plus
Quote:
Originally Posted by tshering View Post
I guess there should already be a tool available, but I was unable to find one. But that does not mean much, since I am not very familiar with Qt. Currently I am trying to interpret the binary data of the qm file and convert it to the ts format, which actually is xml, as you already know.
@tshering: You don't need a special tool to open qm files. Open it with QtLinguist and save it like ts one. That's the program I use to make the spanish translation for pbchess-coolreader and never have a problem.

PS: tshering, sorry for not to help you with rotation issue. I have other problems with experiments in my H2O and very few spare time to test anything (work, work, work )

Last edited by boriar; 06-17-2015 at 11:21 AM.
boriar is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-17-2015, 04:56 PM   #18
tshering
Wizard
tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by boriar View Post
@tshering: You don't need a special tool to open qm files. Open it with QtLinguist and save it like ts one. That's the program I use to make the spanish translation for pbchess-coolreader and never have a problem.
Thank you for this valuable information. I had looked at this program, but was not aware that it can read qm files. Oddly, there is no *.qm filter in the open dialog.

Had I known that those things in nickel are qm files, and further that they can be read by Qt Linguist I could have saved a lot of time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by boriar View Post
PS: tshering, sorry for not to help you with rotation issue. I have other problems with experiments in my H2O and very few spare time to test anything (work, work, work )
No problem!

Last edited by tshering; 06-17-2015 at 05:04 PM.
Old 06-17-2015, 06:52 PM   #19
lav89
lav89 began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Glo
@tshering:
I tried my translation on FW 3.13 - it works but there was smaller qty of translated items
lav89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2015, 04:34 AM   #20
tshering
Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by lav89 View Post
@tshering:
I tried my translation on FW 3.13 - it works but there was smaller qty of translated items
This was to be expected. Since 3.13 there were several changes to nickel. Changes that affect us here are: changed class names, changed source language strings, and removed functionality. You would have to replace or add the respective data in the 3.16 ts file to adjust it to 3.13. Maybe some part of the Qt Linquist package supports comparing ts files.
Advert
Old 06-18-2015, 05:23 PM   #21
surquizu
Evangelist
surquizu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.surquizu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.surquizu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.surquizu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.surquizu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.surquizu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.surquizu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.surquizu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.surquizu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.surquizu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.surquizu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: prs-505, kobo auraHD, kobo auraH2O, kobo Glo HD, kobo aura ONE
Quote:
I corrected it. The link is this.
without a tutorial step by step, I don't understand how to generate the qt desde libnickel
surquizu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2015, 05:35 PM   #22
tshering
Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by surquizu View Post
without a tutorial step by step, I don't understand how to generate the qt desde libnickel
Did you continue working on the translation of our old style translations file? If you did not, I will convert your translation file for 3.15.0 to ts format, and update it to 3.16.0. Then you can enter the remaining translations with Qt Linguist or with a text editor. If you did continue working on the file, please upload the new file in the current state, and I will convert it. I will be away for the weekend, however. So do not expect the result to soon.
Old 06-19-2015, 05:24 AM   #23
tshering
Wizard

I created a trans_ca.ts for 3.16.0. The vanished translations (those of 3.15.0 that are not needed in 3.16.0) are included and marked with type="vanished". If you open the file with Qt linguist they have a grey check mark.
Before spending much time with inputting new translations, please inspect the data carefully. I am not sure whether everything worked out nicely. Have especially a look at those translations that have singular and plural forms.

If you finally create a qm file, please rename it to trans_es.qm before installing it on the reader.

Edit: I think I did it better with 3160_ca_noobsolete.zip. There are no vanished/obsolete translations included and the handling of numerus forms is better. Edit 2: This is still not usable. I removed it again.
Attached Files
File Type: zip trans3160_ca.zip (167.7 KB, 394 views)

Last edited by tshering; 06-22-2015 at 07:54 AM.
Old 06-22-2015, 07:22 AM   #24
tshering
Wizard

I updated post '23
Old 06-22-2015, 08:11 AM   #25
surquizu
Evangelist
surquizu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.surquizu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.surquizu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.surquizu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.surquizu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.surquizu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.surquizu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.surquizu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.surquizu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.surquizu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.surquizu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

I think it's best to use the new procedure. I'll work on the translation with the ts format.
Old 06-22-2015, 09:58 AM   #26
tshering
Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by surquizu View Post
I think it's best to use the new procedure. I'll work on the translation with the ts format.
Good decision! Please have a look at the file I have uploaded to this post. It is for FW 3.16.0. Your previous translations are included. Have you already Qt linguist installed?

If you find something suspicious please do not continue working and tell me. I might have to improve some parts of the update procedure.
Attached Files
File Type: zip 3160_trans_ca_2.zip (113.7 KB, 329 views)
Old 06-22-2015, 02:35 PM   #27
surquizu
Evangelist

Quote:
Good decision! Please have a look at the file I have uploaded to this post. It is for FW 3.16.0. Your previous translations are included. Have you already Qt linguist installed?

If you find something suspicious please do not continue working and tell me. I might have to improve some parts of the update procedure.
Yes, I have installed the qt linguist, but I prefer "virtaal" to do the translation.
http://virtaal.translatehouse.org/index.html
Old 06-22-2015, 08:05 PM   #28
lav89
lav89 began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Glo
Quote:
This was to be expected. Since 3.13 there were several changes to nickel. Changes that affect us here are: changed class names, changed source language strings, and removed functionality. You would have to replace or add the respective data in the 3.16 ts file to adjust it to 3.13. Maybe some part of the Qt Linquist package supports comparing ts files.
tshering, could you make TS file for 3.13?
lav89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2015, 07:07 AM   #29
tshering
Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by lav89 View Post
tshering, could you make TS file for 3.13?
Sure!
Attached Files
File Type: zip 3131_trans_ru.zip (103.9 KB, 339 views)
Old 06-23-2015, 07:40 PM   #30
surquizu
Evangelist

Hi Tshering,

The method of translation with "qm" works well, but there are some texts that I can not translate. I do not understand why because the text strings in "qs" file are apparently well translated. See the images.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	screen_001.png
Views:	607
Size:	194.8 KB
ID:	139569   Click image for larger version

Name:	screen_004.png
Views:	569
Size:	72.4 KB
ID:	139570   Click image for larger version

Name:	screen_007.png
Views:	542
Size:	93.8 KB
ID:	139571   Click image for larger version

Name:	screen_008.png
Views:	637
Size:	29.3 KB
ID:	139572   Click image for larger version

Name:	screen_009.png
Views:	528
Size:	69.4 KB
ID:	139573  
Attached Files
File Type: rar ca_translate_3_16_0.rar (208.2 KB, 296 views)