Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Barnes & Noble NOOK

Notices

Old 08-25-2010, 05:58 PM   #1
ppatter
ppatter began at the beginning.

Device: ereader
Help!! Not very savvy....

Hey all!! Just purchased a Nook. Very pleased. How do I download books from various websites into my Nook? Please understand I am 'computer illiterate". Downloaded several books to my computer in epub format-now what do I do? Thanks for any guidance. If this has been asked before-direct me and I will read previous thread.
ppatter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2010, 07:02 PM   #2
Rich_D
Fanatic
Rich_D ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rich_D ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rich_D ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rich_D ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rich_D ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rich_D ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rich_D ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rich_D ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rich_D ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rich_D ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rich_D ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Android phone, Kobo Glo HD, nook ST with Glo (backup)
Connect your nook to your pc via the usb cable. Open the nook folder, drag and drop your book to the "My Documents" folder under the Nook. Right click and "eject" the nook, unplug it and then check for new content.

Note - this works for non-drm content. If it is an ebook with a drm, you may have to install Adobe Digital Editions and load it through that.
Rich_D is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-27-2010, 10:46 AM   #3
reneemitt
reneemitt began at the beginning.

Device: Nook 3g+wifi
To expand on Rich_D's thread...

Adobe digital editions can be downloaded from adobe.com - it is a free software. When I download from my library or other sources that are "protected" with drm, I just open Adobe Digital and the books are there on the "library" screen.

With your Nook plugged into your pc - you should see it listed on the left side. Just click and drag the book cover to the left side where it says "Nook" and it will load into your "My Documents" area of the nook.

I think so far, I've used Adobe Digital to load all of my books from other sources.
reneemitt is offline   Reply With Quote