Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > More E-Book Readers > iRex

Notices

Old 06-08-2009, 03:50 PM   #16
bertold
Connoisseur
bertold knows what time it isbertold knows what time it isbertold knows what time it isbertold knows what time it isbertold knows what time it isbertold knows what time it isbertold knows what time it isbertold knows what time it isbertold knows what time it isbertold knows what time it isbertold knows what time it is

Device: iRex iLiad v2, Onyx Boox Note 3
That didn't change anything, so I did some investigating. I ran FBReader from the command line (I have the terminal installed) and I got the following error message:

Quote:
FBReader: error while loading shared libraries: libzltext.so.0.10: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory
Any idea how I can fix this?
bertold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2009, 05:28 PM   #17
pwarren
Connoisseur
pwarren can program the VCR without an owner's manual.pwarren can program the VCR without an owner's manual.pwarren can program the VCR without an owner's manual.pwarren can program the VCR without an owner's manual.pwarren can program the VCR without an owner's manual.pwarren can program the VCR without an owner's manual.pwarren can program the VCR without an owner's manual.pwarren can program the VCR without an owner's manual.pwarren can program the VCR without an owner's manual.pwarren can program the VCR without an owner's manual.pwarren can program the VCR without an owner's manual.

Device: Irex Iliad (Dead), EcoReader (Smashed screen), Kobo Touch
try:

export DISPLAY=:0
export LD_LIBRARY_PATH=/media/cf/Programs/fbreader-0.10.7/lib
./xepdmgr :0 ./FBReader
pwarren is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-08-2009, 07:09 PM   #18
pwarren
Connoisseur
pwarren can program the VCR without an owner's manual.pwarren can program the VCR without an owner's manual.pwarren can program the VCR without an owner's manual.pwarren can program the VCR without an owner's manual.pwarren can program the VCR without an owner's manual.pwarren can program the VCR without an owner's manual.pwarren can program the VCR without an owner's manual.pwarren can program the VCR without an owner's manual.pwarren can program the VCR without an owner's manual.pwarren can program the VCR without an owner's manual.pwarren can program the VCR without an owner's manual.

Well, a new version of my installer package, hopefully some bugs are out

bugs fixed:
- Uses the supplied xepdmgr, instead of /usr/local/bin/xepdmgr
- Uninstaller supplied.

This works for me on a clean 2.12 reflash.

(A side note, is there a way to flash directly to 2.12, as it is I reflash to 2.10, then IDS updates me to 2.12, then I have to get the shell access again!)
Attached Files
File Type: zip fbreaderinst-0.10.7.zip (1.55 MB, 686 views)

Last edited by pwarren; 06-08-2009 at 07:15 PM.
Old 06-08-2009, 07:13 PM   #19
pwarren
Connoisseur

Here are the monochrome pixmaps fixed up for 0.10.7. Had to rename a few of them.

To install:

cd /media/cf/Programs/fbreader-0.10.7/share/pixmaps
mv FBReader FBReader-orig

unzip, and copy FBReader to

/media/cf/Programs/fbreader-0.10.7/share/pixmaps

enjoy nicer looking toolbar!
Attached Files
File Type: zip FBReader-mono-pixmaps.zip (38.3 KB, 599 views)
Old 06-09-2009, 03:09 AM   #20
bertold
Connoisseur
bertold knows what time it isbertold knows what time it isbertold knows what time it isbertold knows what time it isbertold knows what time it isbertold knows what time it isbertold knows what time it isbertold knows what time it isbertold knows what time it isbertold knows what time it isbertold knows what time it is

Quote:
Originally Posted by pwarren View Post
try:

export DISPLAY=:0
./xepdmgr :0 ./FBReader
Well, that fixed that problem, but now I get:

Quote:
libpng.so.3: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory
Is there something I need to install before trying to run FBReader? Or maybe
all of these paths should be exported in the run.sh file?
Advert
Old 06-09-2009, 03:11 AM   #21
romanas
Enthusiast
romanas began at the beginning.

Device: Irex iLiad ebook edition, DR1000s
I have the same problem like bertold. I tryed the newest installer, it doesnt work

Last edited by romanas; 06-09-2009 at 03:41 AM.
romanas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2009, 03:48 AM   #22
ericshliao
Guru
ericshliao will become famous soon enoughericshliao will become famous soon enoughericshliao will become famous soon enoughericshliao will become famous soon enoughericshliao will become famous soon enoughericshliao will become famous soon enough

Device: Dell X51v; iLiad v2
replace

Code:
with

Code:
export LD_LIBRARY_PATH=/media/cf/Programs/fbreader-0.10.7/lib:$LD_LIBRARY_PATH
ericshliao is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2009, 04:09 AM   #23
bertold
Connoisseur

Quote:
Originally Posted by ericshliao View Post
replace

Code:
with

Code:
export LD_LIBRARY_PATH=/media/cf/Programs/fbreader-0.10.7/lib:$LD_LIBRARY_PATH
Still the same error.

Last edited by bertold; 06-09-2009 at 04:11 AM.
Old 06-09-2009, 04:13 AM   #24
ericshliao
Guru
ericshliao will become famous soon enoughericshliao will become famous soon enoughericshliao will become famous soon enoughericshliao will become famous soon enoughericshliao will become famous soon enoughericshliao will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by bertold View Post
That makes it go back to not being able to find libzltext.so.0.10.
libzltext.so is dependent on hard-coded path, try to put it in /usr/lib, usr/local/lib, /media/cf/programs/fbreader-0.8.17/lib. Make sure only one libzltext.so exists in your system.
Old 06-09-2009, 04:16 AM   #25
bertold
Connoisseur

We posted at the same time. I edited my previous post, because I noticed that I made a typo when exporting the paths. With the typos corrected I go back to the error with libpng, not libzltext.

EDIT: I found a libpng12.so.0.1.2.8 in /usr/lib, but not a libpng.so.3. Does that help with the troubleshooting?

Last edited by bertold; 06-09-2009 at 04:20 AM.
Old 06-09-2009, 04:25 AM   #26
ericshliao
Guru

Wrong ifno. Forget about the post.
Old 06-09-2009, 06:00 AM   #27
pwarren
Connoisseur

hrm,

my iliad has a
/usr/lib/libpng.so.3
which is a link to
/usr/lib/libpng12.so.1.2.8

Is that part of the standard firmware image? I'll add a link creation step to the installer if it isn't.

(ln -s /usr/lib/libpng12.so.1.2.8 /usr/lib/libpng.so.3)
Old 06-09-2009, 06:44 AM   #28
bertold
Connoisseur

Quote:
(ln -s /usr/lib/libpng12.so.1.2.8 /usr/lib/libpng.so.3)
That did the trick. So I just need to add these commands to run.sh?
Old 06-09-2009, 07:36 AM   #29
pwarren
Connoisseur

once you've run that command once, it should be Ok.

What I was referring to was adding that command to the installer script, so that it's done once at install time. You don't need to do it every time you run FBReader.

There's a lot more to packaging up a piece of software than I had realised, still, I'm getting there!

I'm working on some improvements.

- FBReader doesn't do fullscreen properly, goes into, but not out of Full Screen. Fixed this.
- A lot of missing keybindings
- the busy LED goes nuts sometimes

From my reading about the forums, these problems have been solved, so I'll check it out

Last edited by pwarren; 06-09-2009 at 07:50 AM.
Old 06-09-2009, 07:41 AM   #30
bertold
Connoisseur

Quote:
once you've run that command once, it should be Ok.

What I was referring to was adding that command t1o the installer script, so that it's done once at install time. You don't need to do it every time you run FBReader.
Yes, I know that the symbolic link remains once it's created, but the variable exports have to be done each time unless I put them in the script, yes?

Tags
fbreader, iliad, installer