Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > News

Notices

Old 10-01-2008, 07:31 PM   #16
charlieperry
Connoisseur
charlieperry doesn't littercharlieperry doesn't litter

Device: Sony PRS 505
The last TV I bought was in about 2002 and cost me 50 pounds from ASDA!

I just can't wait for the day when ebook readers are as cheap and ubiquitous as calculators. Calculators have a lot of functionality and cost very little.
charlieperry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2008, 02:29 AM   #17
AlexBell
Wizard
AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS T3, Kobo Glo, Kindle Touch, iPad, Samsung SB 2 tablet
Thanks for the thread. I live in Launceston, and bought a Cybook Gen 3 in July from https://naebllcc.ipower.com/index.html in the US for about the same amount I would have spent in Dymocks.

I've been very happy with my Cybook, though of course I've not seen any of the others.

Regards, Alex
AlexBell is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-07-2008, 08:09 PM   #18
mobelby
Zealot
mobelby doesn't littermobelby doesn't littermobelby doesn't litter

Device: eeepc 901
Decided the Sony 700 will best suit my needs. The touchscreen, sidelights, word search (very useful if one of your loaded books is a dictionary and there is no other dictionary support in the firmware) and calibre support (if similar to the 505) were my key deciding criteria.

I know with the Aussie dollar sinking like a stone this ain't going to be cheap but since I have plenty of ebooks and no ereader I hope these factors will balance each other out. I'll be using BHPhoto to get it here when it's available next month.
mobelby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2008, 03:35 AM   #19
Rosethorn1403
Rosethorn1403 has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Rosethorn1403 has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Rosethorn1403 has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Rosethorn1403 has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Rosethorn1403 has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: none
I considered the sony 700, and its my dream device in all aspects except one... formats! every single ebook i have is in mobipocket.... sigh... although the cybook is starting to look very sleek and available right now
Rosethorn1403 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2008, 10:35 AM   #20
pilotbob
Grand Sorcerer
pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rosethorn1403 View Post
I considered the sony 700, and its my dream device in all aspects except one... formats! every single ebook i have is in mobipocket.... sigh... although the cybook is starting to look very sleek and available right now
You could convert them to LRF with calibre. (Removing the DRM first if necessary).

BOb
pilotbob is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-08-2008, 09:15 PM   #21
charlieperry
Connoisseur
charlieperry doesn't littercharlieperry doesn't litter

Device: Sony PRS 505
Quote:
Mobipocket support for the PRS 505 would have been a much better announcement than the new PRS 700 in my opinion.
charlieperry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2008, 02:42 AM   #22
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
Quote:
The CyBook is an excellent device - I recommend it to you whole-heartedly.
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2008, 09:03 AM   #23
Jen
Jen began at the beginning.

Device: Bebook One - currently broken
Hi Guys,
Partly because of jmsaw2's recommendation and because the Astak is now delayed and it at first going to be a Hanlin V3, I finally ordered a Bebook. For now they are $AU402 + PayPal charges including delivery to Australia. With the drop in the $AU I would guess that that may change soon but that was what it was on the 9th of Oct.

Thanks for your contributions. I have updated the Wiki with the infomation that I had and others have since updated it from there.

I hope your devices are working as you want them to
Jen
Jen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2009, 02:56 AM   #24
bruceOz
bruceOz began at the beginning.

Device: bebook
Hi, just bought my BeBook mini in the Co-op bookshop in Sydney, device (which was less the 400 aud) works great, but they got nice covers which make the devices a bit better looking. They promised I still get australian warranty just like with www.bebook.net.au.
bruceOz is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
australia, cybook gen3, iliad, jetbook