Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 01-07-2017, 08:51 AM   #1
Ersatzreifen
Bibliothekar
Ersatzreifen began at the beginning.

Device: Galaxy Tab S w/Bookari Premium
Content server not presenting correctly

Has anyone seen this happen with the content server before? I just formatted my root partition and reinstalled the entire system from scratch, and now when trying to browse the content server it looks all messed up like this:

I've reinstalled calibre too, but that didn't change anything. I've tried different browsers, and used my tablet to look at it, and it's the same on all. That tells me it's not the browser doing it. Does anyone know what's causing this, and what to do about it?
Ersatzreifen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2017, 04:46 PM   #2
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
I think this is a browser issue

The WEB page use javascript

yours is blocked or broken
theducks is online now   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-07-2017, 07:26 PM   #3
BetterRed
null operator (he/him)
BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
What does it look like on the server itself, looks like your rooted device is well and truly so ('rooted' is Oz slang for broken)

BR
BetterRed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2017, 07:41 PM   #4
Ersatzreifen
Bibliothekar

Quote:
Originally Posted by theducks View Post
I think this is a browser issue

The WEB page use javascript

yours is blocked or broken
It's a server-side issue since it looks the same whether I use any browser on the server itself, or from my tablet. Have a direct look and see if it's the same for you: http://behne.ddns.net/library

I'm pretty sure the problem is somewhere in the new operating system's software, but I don't know what steps to take to diagnose and fix it.
Old 01-07-2017, 08:17 PM   #5
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo:Touch,Glo, AuraH2O, GloHD,AuraONE, ClaraHD, Libra H2O; tolinoepos
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ersatzreifen View Post
It's a server-side issue since it looks the same whether I use any browser on the server itself, or from my tablet. Have a direct look and see if it's the same for you: http://behne.ddns.net/library

I'm pretty sure the problem is somewhere in the new operating system's software, but I don't know what steps to take to diagnose and fix it.
The stylesheets are missing. When I did a view page and then tried to retrieve the stylesheets, I received a 404 for all of them. That could mean the files are missing, or the permissions are wrong. Hopefully the server logs should show which it is.
davidfor is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-08-2017, 12:04 AM   #6
Ersatzreifen
Bibliothekar

Quote:
Originally Posted by davidfor View Post
The stylesheets are missing. When I did a view page and then tried to retrieve the stylesheets, I received a 404 for all of them. That could mean the files are missing, or the permissions are wrong. Hopefully the server logs should show which it is.
Well, I can safely say that you lost me. I know nothing about stylesheets in Calibre, where they are or are supposed to be, why they maybe didn't get installed or what would have changed their permissions. I barely was able to find how you did a 'view page' to get that 404 response. I looked in /var/log/apache2/access_log but didn't see anything.

I downloaded the tarball calibre-2.76.0-x86_64.txz and used it to forcibly replace all calibre's files manually, then restarted calibre-server. No difference. But this tells me that there's no problem with calibre's files. The problem must be with the OS somewhere.

I used opensuse's Yast to search foe all installed software concerning javascript, and did an unconditional reinstall of all of it. That also made no difference.

So, what should I do now?

Last edited by Ersatzreifen; 01-08-2017 at 12:06 AM. Reason: Removed a typo.
Old 01-08-2017, 12:10 AM   #7
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
the stylesheets for the content server (and most else) exist in one of 2 locations

1)the program folder\resources\content server
and for user Overrides, place YOUR version in the same relation
2) the user preferences (AKA configuration )folder\content server
theducks is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2017, 04:26 AM   #8
Ersatzreifen
Bibliothekar

Quote:
Originally Posted by theducks View Post
the stylesheets for the content server (and most else) exist in one of 2 locations

1)the program folder\resources\content server
and for user Overrides, place YOUR version in the same relation
2) the user preferences (AKA configuration )folder\content server
Code:
behne:~ # ls -l `locate jquery.multiselect.css`
-rw-r--r-- 1 root root 1374 May 28  2013 /opt/calibre/resources/content_server/jquery.multiselect.css

behne:~ # ls -l `locate jquery-ui-1.8.5.custom.css`
-rw-r--r-- 1 root root 25668 May 28  2013 /opt/calibre/resources/content_server/jquery_ui/css/humanity-custom/jquery-ui-1.8.5.custom.css

behne:~ # ls -l `locate browse.css`
-rw-r--r-- 1 root root 7646 May 28  2013 /opt/calibre/resources/content_server/browse/browse.css
behne:~ #
Looks like all three missing stylesheets are all right there where they should be, and they're all world readable too. So I'm wondering why they can't be found, and what's not finding them that should be.

So next I simply copied them to ~/.config/calibre/resources/content_server/ while maintaining the paths below the resources directory, and voila! That got it displaying properly. But now when you click on a category it doesn't do anything, it just sits there looking pretty. I think I'd much rather be able to fix it all without having to put everything in my ~/.config/calibre tree. But how?