Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Lounge

Notices

Old 11-15-2009, 06:14 PM   #2446
Stitchawl
Opsimath
Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-650, iPhone 5, Kobo Glo, Sony PRS-350, iPad, Samsung Galaxy
"Going Up the Country" by Canned Heat. Just to bring back memories of a great weekend...
Stitchawl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2009, 06:21 PM   #2447
Moejoe
Banned
Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.

Device: Coffin
Blind Melon - No Rain

Moejoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-16-2009, 08:11 AM   #2448
Moejoe
Banned
Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.

Thurston Moore - Patti Smith Math Scratch (from the album Psychic Hearts)

Old 11-16-2009, 08:23 AM   #2449
Moejoe
Banned

Two from Dinosaur Jr (and if anyone tells you Nirvana were the best of grunge, just tell them to suck it )

Dinosaur Jr - Over It

Dinosaur Jr - Been There All the Time

Old 11-16-2009, 08:25 AM   #2450
Slite
Icanhasdonuts?
Slite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Slite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Slite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Slite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Slite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Slite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Slite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Slite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Slite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Slite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Slite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura 2nd edition, Kobo Clara HD
[QUOTE=Moejoe;658576]Two from Dinosaur Jr (and if anyone tells you Nirvana were the best of grunge, just tell them to suck it )

Nirvana....pffft... THE most overrated band evar! Possibly with the exception of Oasis.
Slite is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-16-2009, 08:28 AM   #2451
Moejoe
Banned

[QUOTE=Slite;658578]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Moejoe View Post
Two from Dinosaur Jr (and if anyone tells you Nirvana were the best of grunge, just tell them to suck it )

Nirvana....pffft... THE most overrated band evar! Possibly with the exception of Oasis.

You're right there, and Oasis I hate them with a passion. Dullest, most boring band ever to have picked up guitars and a mic. Bonus IRL fact, I once crushed Liam Gallagher's broken hand in a Wigan nightclub (Wigan Pier to be exact, that of Orwell fame). My proudest moment, seeing that poser wince in pain while nearby that miserable bloke from The Verve was busy being miserable

Last edited by Moejoe; 11-16-2009 at 08:34 AM.
Old 11-16-2009, 11:31 PM   #2452
mvisconte
pHilosopher kIng
mvisconte ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mvisconte ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mvisconte ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mvisconte ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mvisconte ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mvisconte ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mvisconte ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mvisconte ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mvisconte ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mvisconte ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mvisconte ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Laptop, laptop, desktop, phone (HTC, HTC, Asus, Asus, LG rah!)
As close as I can tell from the lyrics, "Brue Oyster Poison" by Shonen Knife (but the discograph sez "Blue Oyster Cult"). And now it's Bjork so I have to change the station before I get that nasty little throw-up taste in my mouth. Oh wait, it's changed to Puffy AmiYumi ("Hi Hi!")

I'm turning Japanese. I think I'm turning Japanese. I really think so.

Nope, it's just the music selection. Gotta fix that knob.
mvisconte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2009, 06:06 AM   #2453
Stitchawl
Opsimath
Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-650, iPhone 5, Kobo Glo, Sony PRS-350, iPad, Samsung Galaxy
'Song for Jainie' and 'I Can't See You,' both by Tim Buckley
Stitchawl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2009, 12:42 PM   #2454
Abelturd
Little Fuzzy Soldier
Abelturd shares his or her toysAbelturd shares his or her toysAbelturd shares his or her toysAbelturd shares his or her toysAbelturd shares his or her toysAbelturd shares his or her toysAbelturd shares his or her toysAbelturd shares his or her toysAbelturd shares his or her toysAbelturd shares his or her toysAbelturd shares his or her toys

Device: cybook gen3, htc hero, ipaq 214
It's as if I were lying on the strand of my imagination and let the surf of piano tones and harmonies wash over me, try it.

Abelturd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2009, 12:45 PM   #2455
Moejoe
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abelturd View Post
It's as if I were lying on the strand of my imagination and let the surf of piano tones and harmonies wash over me, try it.
Love it! There's another artist to add to my list.
Old 11-17-2009, 12:57 PM   #2456
Abelturd
Little Fuzzy Soldier
Abelturd shares his or her toysAbelturd shares his or her toysAbelturd shares his or her toysAbelturd shares his or her toysAbelturd shares his or her toysAbelturd shares his or her toysAbelturd shares his or her toysAbelturd shares his or her toysAbelturd shares his or her toysAbelturd shares his or her toysAbelturd shares his or her toys

Device: cybook gen3, htc hero, ipaq 214
Quote:
Originally Posted by Moejoe View Post
Love it! There's another artist to add to my list.
Co-author of this composition is Yuki Murata. She has an excellent album called Films, don't know much about her background, seems like she's been writing movie scores, but that's only my guess, her music sounds very cinematic and visual (sounds visual, what an expression ), so hence my assumption (and of course the name of the album speaks pretty much for itself). But not to digress, the Films sounds much like the composition I posted above, so you might want to check it out as well.
Abelturd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2009, 05:52 PM   #2457
Solitaire1
Samurai Lizard
Solitaire1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solitaire1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solitaire1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solitaire1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solitaire1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solitaire1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solitaire1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solitaire1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solitaire1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solitaire1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solitaire1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: NookColor
Among the songs I've listened to recently (within the last few days):

- Snow Miser Heat Miser by Rich Chambers

- Love Me For What I Am by The Carpenters

- Ain't No Pleasing You by Chas 'n' Dave

- Any Lane (Parody of Penny Lane By The Beatles) by Loose Bruce Kerr

- Safe From You (Parody of Close To You by The Carpenters) by Loose Bruce Kerr

- Skipper Dan by "Weird Al" Yankovic
Solitaire1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2009, 07:55 PM   #2458
Verencat
Wizard
Verencat read the news today, oh boy.Verencat read the news today, oh boy.Verencat read the news today, oh boy.Verencat read the news today, oh boy.Verencat read the news today, oh boy.Verencat read the news today, oh boy.Verencat read the news today, oh boy.Verencat read the news today, oh boy.Verencat read the news today, oh boy.Verencat read the news today, oh boy.Verencat read the news today, oh boy.

Device: xxx
Verencat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2009, 08:25 PM   #2459
Moejoe
Banned

Yuka Honda - Humming Song / Alone Together

Yuka Honda is one half of the excellent electro-pop duo Cibo Matto, but her quirky individualistic electronica albums "Eucademix" and "Memories Are My Only Witness" are worth tracking down for anybody into their electronica / weird ambient stuff

Old 11-17-2009, 08:41 PM   #2460
WT Sharpe
Bah, humbug!
WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis, iPad Pro, & a Samsung Galaxy S9.
Jake Shimabukuro: Dragon
WT Sharpe is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
birth of the shums, blues, listening, shumswrisomkw, unutterable silliness, youtubed! :)