Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 02-05-2013, 01:16 PM   #1
antonf
antonf began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Glo
Kobo Glo losing margin settings

I've read (I think) all the threads on the issues with KT and KG margins on side-loaded epubs, but unless my limited knowledge of English (second language) fails me, it seems this issue hasn't been mentioned before.

My Glo "loses" it's margin settings on wake-up after sleep. I use Calibre to convert the books (remove spacing and margins) before transferring to the Glo.

When I open the book it has no margins. I then set the margins using the slider, and it works fine till it goes to sleep (as I tend to do after a while), When I wake up and wake up the Glo the page I last read displays correctly, until I page back to get the drift of the story. It goes back to 0 margins. When I open settings to adjust the margins I move the slide to a bigger margin and then back to where it was and the margin is back to where I was...

Will the .kepub.epub conversion https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...highlight=kobo fix this? Or what else can be done?
antonf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2013, 05:01 PM   #2
Mrs_Often
Wizard
Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Touch, Glo, Clara HD
You're right, I don't think this has been mentioned before. Very strange. It sounds a little bit like the "tiny font" bug of firmware 2.3.1, where with each new chapter the font is suddenly tiny. It goes back to normal after you make the text larger and then smaller again (back to where the slider was). There's a fix for this bug in firmware 2.3.2.

What firmware are you using? It might be fixed by upgrading to 2.3.2 (or downgrading to 2.1.5)... Or as you suggest, it might also go away by using the kepub reader (so changing the .epub extension to .kepub.epub).
Mrs_Often is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert