Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Fire

Notices

Old 12-23-2012, 12:19 PM   #1
HaggisMacJedi
Zealot
HaggisMacJedi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HaggisMacJedi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HaggisMacJedi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HaggisMacJedi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HaggisMacJedi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HaggisMacJedi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HaggisMacJedi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HaggisMacJedi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HaggisMacJedi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HaggisMacJedi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HaggisMacJedi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Fire HD, Kindle 4, iPhone 4
Unhappy Problem with ebooks.com App Not Downloading Books

I am using a Kindle Fire HD 7".

I purchased a book through ebooks.com, and as per the instructions on their site, downloaded the app to read books from their site. The app loaded fine and I logged in fine. The book I purchased shows up on the bookshelf, ready to download (looks similar to the bookshelf in iBooks for Apple devices. I tap the book to download it from the cloud just like you would an Amazon book, and it pops open a window that says it's downloading the book and a progress bar is displayed. However, it just sits there at 0.0%, no matter how long I leave it open.

The problem is not my Internet connection, as all my devices are running along at a nice, fast clip today, including my Kindle Fire HD, and further evidenced by the fact that I surfed the Internet and was able to download the app via ebooks.com. I already tried deleting and reinstalling the app, shutting down and restarting the Kindle HD, etc.

Can anyone help me figure out what's wrong? The website says it is compatible with this device.

HaggisMacJedi is offline   Reply With Quote