Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Android Devices

Notices

Old 05-15-2012, 01:19 PM   #1
Marseille
Guru
Marseille ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marseille ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marseille ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marseille ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marseille ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marseille ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marseille ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marseille ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marseille ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marseille ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marseille ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kindle
Samsung Nexus Tab?

http://www.slashgear.com/google-nexu...odes-14228112/

Quote:
This next generation Nexus tablet has been tipped today via Google’s source codes being worked on by Google and Samsung, kernel codes being shown off as working with Samsung’s Exynos processors. This tablet has been tipped as having a Exynos 5250 (Dual core A15) and Mali T-604 graphics clocked at up to 533mhz (codename: vithar).
In addition, the display has been discovered to be model number S6E8AB0, this mentioned by @Codeworkx today in a tweet as having 1280 x 800 pixel resolution, this also being a Super AMOLED panel for ultra-brightness. The back of this device will have a model S5K4E5 5MP BSI rear camera with Wolfson Micro wm8994 for sound inside (mentioned by Rawat as also being found in the Galaxy S and the original Galaxy Tab).
I don't know what to make of the rumor -- for example why the source code in question indicate a nexus tab and not just another Samsung device -- but I would love for the nexus tab to have a pixel density above 200ppi, so that resolution on a 7" would be nice. Also, a SAMOLED display? That'd be awesome, but it sounds pricey. Last we heard, Google was scaling the device back, not beefing it up.

Most Nexus Tab rumors have circulated around Asus to this point -- and I would love for them to get a shot, if only because no one else seems interested in making a great keyboard dock, or even a good keyboard dock for that matter. However, Google has been gaga over Samsung for a while now.
Marseille is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2012, 01:39 PM   #2
afv011
Captain Penguin
afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Nook Glowlight
That sounds very nice indeed, a dual-core A15 with that Mali GPU would really fly, giving a run for their money to all the A9 quad-cores, and the screen should be a step-up from what's now available on Android in terms of density. However, I am sceptical that this will hit the $200-$250 price range that Google originally intended for the Nexus tablet. I would love to be proven wrong though.
afv011 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-17-2012, 01:58 AM   #3
VaporPunk
Evangelist
VaporPunk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VaporPunk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VaporPunk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VaporPunk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VaporPunk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VaporPunk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VaporPunk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VaporPunk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VaporPunk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VaporPunk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VaporPunk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 4 + Asus Transformer
Quote:
Originally Posted by afv011 View Post
That sounds very nice indeed, a dual-core A15 with that Mali GPU would really fly, giving a run for their money to all the A9 quad-cores, and the screen should be a step-up from what's now available on Android in terms of density. However, I am sceptical that this will hit the $200-$250 price range that Google originally intended for the Nexus tablet. I would love to be proven wrong though.
^ What he said!
VaporPunk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2012, 02:11 AM   #4
HansTWN
Wizard
HansTWN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HansTWN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HansTWN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HansTWN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HansTWN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HansTWN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HansTWN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HansTWN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HansTWN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HansTWN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HansTWN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: HP Touchpad, Sony Duo 13, Lumia 920, Kobo Aura HD
Well, I am pretty happy with my Touchpad and ICS. Barring any major breakthrough in form factor or screen technology I really don't see any reason to upgrade. A wacom pen would be nice. I am no gamer, though.
HansTWN is offline   Reply With Quote