Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > PocketBook

Notices

Old 12-05-2011, 08:46 AM   #1
paola
Wizard
paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Pro 903, (beloved Pocketbook 360 RIP), Kobo Mini, Kobo Aura
Pro Models: Firmware 2.1.2 RC6

The Release Candidate n.6 is now out:

See also here (Ukranian Forum)

PocketBook Pro 912
PocketBook Pro 903
PocketBook Pro 902
PocketBook Pro 612
PocketBook Pro 603
PocketBook Pro 602
paola is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2011, 01:25 PM   #2
jshzh
Addict
jshzh could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.jshzh could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.jshzh could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.jshzh could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.jshzh could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.jshzh could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.jshzh could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.jshzh could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.jshzh could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.jshzh could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.jshzh could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.

Device: Pocketbook 602 Pro, Kobo Aura HD, LG G Pad III
Scrolling up and down in pdf viewer works now (in 602) - finally. The particular book I was waiting to read with pdf viewer looks 10 times darker than in Adobeviewer and 5 times darker than the djvu file I had to convert to in order to read comfortably. It doesn't work for all light pdf files but better than nothing.
jshzh is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-05-2011, 02:57 PM   #3
Dolansky
Groupie
Dolansky is less competitive than you.Dolansky is less competitive than you.Dolansky is less competitive than you.Dolansky is less competitive than you.Dolansky is less competitive than you.Dolansky is less competitive than you.Dolansky is less competitive than you.Dolansky is less competitive than you.Dolansky is less competitive than you.Dolansky is less competitive than you.Dolansky is less competitive than you.

Device: HannsPad.10'.&.IQ(Farbinhalte), PB903,M92(Fachbuch), Kindle3
or as well as the same forksigan's RC6 stable slow update Display Driver RC6 Release and a new Beta Firmware for PB 611

Last edited by Dolansky; 12-05-2011 at 03:04 PM.
Dolansky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2011, 03:21 PM   #4
Dolansky
Groupie
Dolansky is less competitive than you.Dolansky is less competitive than you.Dolansky is less competitive than you.Dolansky is less competitive than you.Dolansky is less competitive than you.Dolansky is less competitive than you.Dolansky is less competitive than you.Dolansky is less competitive than you.Dolansky is less competitive than you.Dolansky is less competitive than you.Dolansky is less competitive than you.

by the way - check out the TTS function in the dictionary within Adobe Viewer.

double click with the stylus on a word u want to translate and u will hear the correct pronunciation of it with the brilliant swiss-quality AVOX TTS Engine - if u are not familiar with a text in foreign languages - like my english - first choose the corresponding Voice in the main configuration menu.

Last edited by Dolansky; 12-05-2011 at 03:30 PM.
Old 12-05-2011, 04:36 PM   #5
solaris62
solaris62 began at the beginning.

Device: Pocketbook pro 602
In this new firmware on the 602 how can we access the context menu to have the "open with" opcion.

Thanks

Found it: press "enter" some seconds.

Last edited by solaris62; 12-05-2011 at 04:49 PM.
solaris62 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-06-2011, 05:04 AM   #6
paola
Wizard
paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Pro 903, (beloved Pocketbook 360 RIP), Kobo Mini, Kobo Aura
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dolansky View Post
by the way - check out the TTS function in the dictionary within Adobe Viewer.

double click with the stylus on a word u want to translate and u will hear the correct pronunciation of it with the brilliant swiss-quality AVOX TTS Engine - if u are not familiar with a text in foreign languages - like my english - first choose the corresponding Voice in the main configuration menu.
thanks, great tip! And I've also discovered that in order to close any of the applications running concurrently you simply have to long press the "back" button next to the joystick: a window with all the running applications pops up with a cross next to each one - press the cross to get rid of the application/book you no longer want running/open.
paola is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2011, 03:16 PM   #7
skydive
Addict
skydive knows what is on the back of the AURYN.skydive knows what is on the back of the AURYN.skydive knows what is on the back of the AURYN.skydive knows what is on the back of the AURYN.skydive knows what is on the back of the AURYN.skydive knows what is on the back of the AURYN.skydive knows what is on the back of the AURYN.skydive knows what is on the back of the AURYN.skydive knows what is on the back of the AURYN.skydive knows what is on the back of the AURYN.skydive knows what is on the back of the AURYN.

Device: Pocketbook 902 Ver 2.1.3, Virgin Nook STR & Rooted Nook Color CM7
Hi all!!

I have a PB902 with FW2.1.2 rc3. I need to know if somebody have encounter this issue:

I connect the PB to USB on the computer. the contrast look very good, darker, no artifacts when you move the cursor. Then i disconnect form computer, all ok. I go to the pocket news app and start reading the pocketnews. Then, after a while, the contrast start to looks very light, not as darken as before. I have to power off and on a couple of times to fixed the contrast darker.

Is this RC6 slow update will fix this? Anything to improve ?
skydive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2011, 04:15 PM   #8
solaris62

My 602 with the 2.1.2 RC6 have problems with Calibre.
The main memory and card A are swap, and Calibre does not see the contents of card A.
If I choose connect to folder on calibre and choose card A it works.
Does anyone have a similar problem?

Thanks in advance
Old 12-06-2011, 04:41 PM   #9
Dolansky
Groupie

skidive, everything seem to be ok with RC6 - done some usb connection - read my pocketnews and opened a book - the contrast is all over excellent - i swtched back and forth with the Taskmanager in my pb903 from pocketnews to some opened book to the main menu and back then to pocketnews - read a while then back to book etc - i 've tested a while - the contrast is still as before.
Old 12-06-2011, 08:49 PM   #10
skydive
Addict
skydive knows what is on the back of the AURYN.skydive knows what is on the back of the AURYN.skydive knows what is on the back of the AURYN.skydive knows what is on the back of the AURYN.skydive knows what is on the back of the AURYN.skydive knows what is on the back of the AURYN.skydive knows what is on the back of the AURYN.skydive knows what is on the back of the AURYN.skydive knows what is on the back of the AURYN.skydive knows what is on the back of the AURYN.skydive knows what is on the back of the AURYN.

Thanks Dolansky!

I found a bug a pdfviewer. When you zoom in and use the down arrow of the roend button, it goes two strokes forward instead of one. For example, I zoom 120%, and use landscape mode, when y use the round button, goes for two clicks, when only I hit for one click.

On RC3 version with pdfviewer, on landscape mode, you have to do a long press and work perfectly.

Also, I do not know why the guys on development do not use a real scroll instead of page squares. sometimes drawing or text get into to the area where you can not read it, because one half is in one side, and the other half other side.

my 2cents

I will keep this RC6 for now

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dolansky View Post
skidive, everything seem to be ok with RC6 - done some usb connection - read my pocketnews and opened a book - the contrast is all over excellent - i swtched back and forth with the Taskmanager in my pb903 from pocketnews to some opened book to the main menu and back then to pocketnews - read a while then back to book etc - i 've tested a while - the contrast is still as before.
Old 12-07-2011, 04:40 AM   #11
bverspeiser
bverspeiser began at the beginning.

Device: pb 603
Quote:
Originally Posted by solaris62 View Post
The main memory and card A are swap, and Calibre does not see the contents of card A.

Thanks in advance
see https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=156878 - seems to be a usb problem which memory is listed first.
bverspeiser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2011, 09:22 AM   #12
skydive
Addict

same results using forkosigan version
Quote:
Originally Posted by skydive View Post
Thanks Dolansky!

I found a bug a pdfviewer. When you zoom in and use the down arrow of the roend button, it goes two strokes forward instead of one. For example, I zoom 120%, and use landscape mode, when y use the round button, goes for two clicks, when only I hit for one click.

On RC3 version with pdfviewer, on landscape mode, you have to do a long press and work perfectly.

Also, I do not know why the guys on development do not use a real scroll instead of page squares. sometimes drawing or text get into to the area where you can not read it, because one half is in one side, and the other half other side.

my 2cents

I will keep this RC6 for now
Old 12-07-2011, 09:33 AM   #13
troll05
Harmless idiot
troll05 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.troll05 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.troll05 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.troll05 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.troll05 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.troll05 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.troll05 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.troll05 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.troll05 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.troll05 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.troll05 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PB622, Nexus7, Sony PRS 350, Tolino und nur noch wenig toter Baum:(
Quote:
Originally Posted by solaris62 View Post

Thanks in advance
Developers say they fixed it for final release
troll05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2011, 06:16 AM   #14
solaris62

Thanks "bverspeiser" and "troll05"
Old 12-09-2011, 06:24 AM   #15
pbmaniac
Enthusiast
pbmaniac knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'pbmaniac knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'pbmaniac knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'pbmaniac knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'pbmaniac knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'pbmaniac knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'pbmaniac knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'pbmaniac knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'pbmaniac knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'pbmaniac knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'pbmaniac knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'

Device: PB Pro 903, F/W 2.1.3=>downgraded to 2.1.2-fastdrv because of WIFI-bug
Music player does not work properly in RC6

Everything seems fine in RC6, except the music player, which says that it can't find any music files on the device/sd-card. There are some mp3 files on the sd-card however, which worked fine in RC2 before and i did not delete them since then...
pbmaniac is offline   Reply With Quote