Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Self-Promotions by Authors and Publishers

Notices

Old 09-17-2011, 08:40 AM   #1
stacyj
stacyj is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!stacyj is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!stacyj is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!stacyj is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!stacyj is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!stacyj is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!stacyj is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!stacyj is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!stacyj is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!stacyj is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!stacyj is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!

Device: sony
New YA Hockey Novel Classic for $2.99 - Sports & Sibling Rivalry

I'm excited to announce the re-release of my classic young adult hockey novel Face-Off (Book One), written when I was 16 years old and originally published when I was 18. I'm marking the 20th anniversary by bringing the book back for a new generation of readers.

Head-to-Head, Skate-to-Skate, It's Winner Takes All!
What might have been a dream come true has turned into a nightmare. Brad’s twin brother T.J. has gotten himself out of the fancy prep school his father picked for him and into the public high school Brad attends. Now T.J., the bright light in his father’s eyes, is a shining new star on the hockey team where Brad once held the spotlight. And he’s testing his popularity with Brad’s friends, eyeing Brad’s girl and competing to be captain of the team. The whole school is rooting for a big double-strength win…not knowing that their twin hockey stars are heating up the ice for a winner takes all face-off.

NEW: This new edition contains a special letter to readers, revisions for the latest generation of readers, as well as bonus excerpts of Offsides (Face-Off Book Two), and the young adult paranormal thriller Dark Before Dawn.

This young adult novel has entertained thousands of young readers and appeared on many reading lists. Among its many honors:

- The Hockey Hall of Fame’s Junior Education Program included Face-Off on its recommended reading list for the junior and intermediate levels.

- Best Books for Young Teen Readers: Grades 7-10 by John T. Gillespie - Recommended in the sports category.

The book is available for Kindle, Nook and Smashwords with more e-book retailers and a paperback version coming this fall. Links and reviews are at: http://stacyjuba.com/blog/face-off/

[Image delete - MODERATOR

Last edited by Dr. Drib; 09-17-2011 at 02:25 PM.
stacyj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2011, 11:51 AM   #2
MPElliot
Author
MPElliot began at the beginning.

Device: Amazon Kindle
Hi Stacy! Just picked up the book.
MPElliot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2011, 09:22 AM   #3
stacyj
stacyj is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!stacyj is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!stacyj is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!stacyj is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!stacyj is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!stacyj is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!stacyj is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!stacyj is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!stacyj is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!stacyj is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!stacyj is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!

Thanks so much for getting the book! It is always exciting to see sales for a new book!
Old 10-18-2011, 07:00 AM   #4
db105
Zealot
db105 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.db105 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.db105 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.db105 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.db105 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.db105 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.db105 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.db105 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.db105 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.db105 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.db105 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kindle
The sport and family rivalry themes sounded interesting, so after reading the sample I have purchased this ebook.

Even though buying it from Amazon would have been easier, since I already have an account, I decided to buy it from Smashwords, because I think that a DRM-free policy is worth supporting. With Amazon, I can read the book in my Kindle, but if I buy a different ereader in the future I won't be able to read it any more.
db105 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2011, 02:30 PM   #5
stacyj

Thank you for getting from Smashwords - whenever someone buys from Smashwords, I always wonder how they came across the book. It's a neat site. I hope you enjoy the book!
Old 11-04-2011, 05:36 AM   #6
db105
Zealot
db105 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.db105 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.db105 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.db105 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.db105 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.db105 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.db105 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.db105 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.db105 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.db105 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.db105 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kindle
Thanks to you. I did enjoy it, and I'm interested in the sequel too. Here's the review I wrote in Smashwords and Amazon:

<<This is a novella rather than a novel, but I was satisfied with the purchase since I enjoyed the story and literally read it in one sitting. I enjoyed the family dynamic between the four brothers, and also the match descriptions. It had some funny moments and the dramatic elements were gripping, although I never completely understood why Brad and TJ were so estranged in the beginning. Sure, they went to different schools and the different treatment by their father obviously did not help, but still they are twin brothers and both of them are good guys, surely there should have been some more communication between them...

Another thing I did not completely enjoy was that their school life was a bit underdeveloped, with too many clichés, perhaps. Probably there was no time to develop that side of the story more, since the novel was so short.

Anyway, this was a very enjoyable read for me, and now I'm waiting eagerly for the sequel (although this story works well as a standalone). I hope the sequel will be longer. <<
db105 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2011, 12:36 PM   #7
stacyj

I haven't checked in in awhile but thank you so much for the review and taking the time to read the book. It is interesting for me as an adult looking back and re-reading the book I wrote as a teenager. I'd like to explore the characters more in the sequel, such as how the boys got into hockey in the first place.

The sequel is getting a bit delayed as I'm working on a few other projects also, but working on it is on my to-do list for 2012! I think it will be fun to write, or rather, rewrite as I do have a draft that I wrote when I was about 19 (a long time ago!) but that needs some fleshing out. In the meantime, I just published a blog post about the background of Face-Off and what led me to writing it as a teenager,
http://stacyjuba.com/blog/2011/12/05/face-off-hockey-novel-perfect-holiday-gift-for-teens-and-tweens/

Tags
hockey, kindle, sibling rivalry, teen, young adult