Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Reading Recommendations

Notices

Old 10-25-2013, 02:02 PM   #2611
alansplace
Grand Sorcerer
alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindles K-2, K-KB, PW 1 & 2, Voyage, Fire 2, 5 & HD 8, Surface 3, iPad
Cool Brett

Quote:
Originally Posted by CWatkinsNash View Post
Question for the other Hollows readers: I'm about to start #5 and I'm wondering...

Spoiler:
Is Brett going to make an appearance here or in the future?

Just a yes, yes but not in #5, or no will suffice. Thanks!
Spoiler:

alansplace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2013, 02:15 PM   #2612
CWatkinsNash
IOC Chief Archivist
CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Meebook M7, Paperwhite 2021, Fire HD 8+, Fire HD 10+, Lenovo Tab P12
Thanks Alan!
CWatkinsNash is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-25-2013, 02:35 PM   #2613
alansplace
Grand Sorcerer
alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Cool James Potter and the Morrigan Web Cover

Quote:
Originally Posted by alansplace View Post

Download a larger version here

Finally an official cover for James Potter and the Morrigan Web has appeared!
Click image for larger version

Name:	524629_10150321928974944_2119916018_n.jpg
Views:	343
Size:	83.1 KB
ID:	113983

Just found a more colorful version of the new cover!

Old 10-25-2013, 05:14 PM   #2614
alansplace
Grand Sorcerer

Cool my annual re-read

I'm now going back to my annual re-read (I paused this re-read a while back so it would end a little closer to the Publication date of Skin Game) of The Dresden Files, with Changes!

Old 10-25-2013, 05:57 PM   #2615
eschwartz
Ex-Helpdesk Junkie
eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Location: The Beaten Path, USA, Roundworld, This Side of Infinity
Device: Kindle Touch fw5.3.7 (Wifi only)
Quote:
Attachment 113983

Just found a more colorful version of the new cover!

From where? This isn't the one in the official ePub. Although I wish it was, it's much smaller AND nicer! NVM, though, that's easily fixed. Thanks!

Do you have any idea whether this means the covers of the older books are getting a facelift?
eschwartz is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-25-2013, 06:21 PM   #2616
alansplace
Grand Sorcerer

Cool ...getting a facelift? I have no idea...

Quote:
Originally Posted by eschwartz View Post
From where? This isn't the one in the official ePub. Although I wish it was, it's much smaller AND nicer! NVM, though, that's easily fixed. Thanks!

Do you have any idea whether this means the covers of the older books are getting a facelift?
http://www.jamespotterseries.com/pri...rint_files.zip

I have no idea.

Old 10-25-2013, 06:27 PM   #2617
eschwartz
Ex-Helpdesk Junkie
eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Location: The Beaten Path, USA, Roundworld, This Side of Infinity
Device: Kindle Touch fw5.3.7 (Wifi only)
Quote:

HOW DO YOU FIND THIS STUFF OUT?!?!?!?!?!?!
eschwartz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2013, 06:31 PM   #2618
alansplace
Grand Sorcerer

Cool ...grin

Quote:
Originally Posted by eschwartz View Post
HOW DO YOU FIND THIS STUFF OUT?!?!?!?!?!?!
I'm curious, dogged, obstinate, persevering, and persistent!

Old 10-25-2013, 06:33 PM   #2619
Nyssa
Series Addict
Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite (2nd Gen)
Quote:
I'm curious, dogged, obstinate, persevering, and persistent!

And we greatly appreciate it!!
Nyssa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2013, 07:22 PM   #2620
red_phoenix
Grand Sorcerer
red_phoenix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.red_phoenix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.red_phoenix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.red_phoenix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.red_phoenix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.red_phoenix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.red_phoenix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.red_phoenix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.red_phoenix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.red_phoenix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.red_phoenix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-T1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nyssa View Post
And we greatly appreciate it!!
red_phoenix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2013, 09:52 PM   #2621
alansplace
Grand Sorcerer

Cool DragonCon 2013 - Saturday - Sword and Laser Podcast Live

Quote:

Published on Sep 9, 2013

This Sword and Laser Live Podcast was hosted by Tom Merritt and Veronica Belmont at Dragon*Con 2013. They interviewed author Jim Butcher and took questions from the audience. This was recorded at 2:30 PM 8/31/13.
At the beginning of September I posted a link to the audio version of this Sword and Laser Live Podcast.

Last edited by alansplace; 10-26-2013 at 12:35 AM. Reason: oops!
Old 10-26-2013, 03:39 PM   #2622
49Kat
Fanatic
49Kat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.49Kat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.49Kat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.49Kat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.49Kat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.49Kat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.49Kat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.49Kat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.49Kat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.49Kat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.49Kat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad 9th Gen, iPhone 11, Paperwhite 10th Gen.
I just borrowed The Dresden Files Collection 1-6 from my local e-library...I guess I should avoid this thread for a while? At least until I'm caught up a bit in my reading...?
49Kat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2013, 03:45 PM   #2623
alansplace
Grand Sorcerer

Cool Skin Game cover

I thought I'd cobble together a faux Skin Game cover.

If you'd like a larger version then download it from here!

P.S. Changed to new versions of the cover.

Last edited by alansplace; 10-27-2013 at 12:36 PM. Reason: add info...
Old 10-26-2013, 04:04 PM   #2624
alansplace
Grand Sorcerer

Cool spoilers

Quote:
Originally Posted by 49Kat View Post
I just borrowed The Dresden Files Collection 1-6 from my local e-library...I guess I should avoid this thread for a while? At least until I'm caught up a bit in my reading...?
Welcome!!

I wouldn't worry too much about that were I you. We usually put things that you might not want to read about under a spoiler button.

Old 10-27-2013, 03:36 AM   #2625
Toxaris
Wizard
Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-T1, Kobo Touch, Kobo Aura
Quote:
Originally Posted by 49Kat View Post
Also, if you find the writing not so good, hang on. He is getting better really fast. If you like the story (without the writing), you are in for a very fine treat...
Toxaris is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
fantasy series, magic, supernatural, the dresden files, urban fantasy