Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Devices

Notices

Old 08-16-2011, 12:31 AM   #1
Marcy
Guru
Marcy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marcy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marcy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marcy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marcy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marcy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marcy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marcy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marcy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marcy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marcy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2
Problem with Calibre, Nook and SD Card

I've been using calibre with my rooted Nook since the day I got it. I haven't added books in some time, but started adding books again.

I added 10 or so books to the SD card via calibre and they transferred fine with the notation they were on the card A in calibre. However I was unable to find them on the Nook. The stock reader and Cool Reader couldn't find them. Searching the SD card manually also failed to turn them up.

I deleted the books and re-added them. Same issues.

I deleted the books again and added them to the main memory. Now they appear fine.

I am able to use the SD card without problem. It isn't full.

Any suggestions on how to fix this?

-Marcy
Marcy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2011, 05:08 AM   #2
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcy View Post
I've been using calibre with my rooted Nook since the day I got it. I haven't added books in some time, but started adding books again.

I added 10 or so books to the SD card via calibre and they transferred fine with the notation they were on the card A in calibre. However I was unable to find them on the Nook. The stock reader and Cool Reader couldn't find them. Searching the SD card manually also failed to turn them up.

I deleted the books and re-added them. Same issues.

I deleted the books again and added them to the main memory. Now they appear fine.

I am able to use the SD card without problem. It isn't full.

Any suggestions on how to fix this?

-Marcy
Marcy
Look (browse from your computer), if there is a remnant OPF file on your device, Calibre reports that as a book.
The Quality check plugin has a cleaner for that issue
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-16-2011, 02:36 PM   #3
Manichean
Wizard
Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.

Device: Cybook Gen3
Moderator Notice
Moved to correct subforum.
Manichean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2011, 09:09 AM   #4
Marcy
Guru
Marcy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marcy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marcy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marcy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marcy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marcy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marcy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marcy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marcy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marcy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marcy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

I don't think the problem is clear. This happens with *any* new book I try to add, not just one particular book.

So I can't add any books to my Nook via Calibe. Extremely frustrating.

-Marcy

Addendum: I figured out the problem, but don't know how to fix it. calibre suddenly has changed where it's putting my books. Instead of putting them at the root level of my SD card, sorted into folders as first letter last name > author name > series ... calibre is now putting the books into My Files > Books > first letter author last name > author name ... etc.

I have tried to search the documentation on how to change this, but like all my prior searches I get a bunch of stuff not even vaguely related to what I'm looking for and nothing that helps.

Last edited by Marcy; 08-20-2011 at 09:18 AM.
Old 08-20-2011, 09:29 AM   #5
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
I don't think the problem is clear. This happens with *any* new book I try to add, not just one particular book.

So I can't add any books to my Nook via Calibe. Extremely frustrating.

-Marcy

Addendum: I figured out the problem, but don't know how to fix it. calibre suddenly has changed where it's putting my books. Instead of putting them at the root level of my SD card, sorted into folders as first letter last name > author name > series ... calibre is now putting the books into My Files > Books > first letter author last name > author name ... etc.

I have tried to search the documentation on how to change this, but like all my prior searches I get a bunch of stuff not even vaguely related to what I'm looking for and nothing that helps.
Preferences: Send to device Template
or
Plugins: Output Drivers: Nook (your model) Plugin Template

The first one has the Crib sheet on template style, shown.
Advert
Old 08-20-2011, 09:49 AM   #6
Marcy
Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by theducks View Post
Preferences: Send to device Template
or
Plugins: Output Drivers: Nook (your model) Plugin Template

The first one has the Crib sheet on template style, shown.
The problem isn't the template, which I understand fully, but *where* the books are being sent. calibre used to send them to the root level of my SD card. Now it send them to My Files > Books.

The send to device template lets me customize how I want the file sent to the device but won't let me change the folder where the file is sent, except to add sub-folders for authors, series, or whatever I define.

The output drivers: Nook plugin isn't customizable ("Plugin: Nook Color does not need customization") so I'm not sure what to do with that one.

-Marcy
Old 08-20-2011, 10:02 AM   #7
theducks
Well trained by Cats

Quote:

The output drivers: Nook plugin isn't customizable ("Plugin: Nook Color does not need customization") so I'm not sure what to do with that one.

-Marcy
Not all drivers have settings. (Not all users have Nooks. Sorry for a overly General solution). Some Color Nook Firmware update or model may have required the specific folder usage. Placing many entries in the root of a Drive (SDCARD) is a bad thing. A firmware change may have enforced the prevention measure.
Old 08-20-2011, 11:24 AM   #8
Manichean
Wizard
Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.

Device: Cybook Gen3
You could try to use the user defined device driver (remember to disable the Kobo driver first). I believe that allows you to customize the subfolder the books are being sent to.
Manichean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2011, 09:06 AM   #9
dan11238
dan11238 began at the beginning.

Device: zire 72
I've ben having much the same problem with my rooted NC, namely telling Calibre to install your books onto “Card A” results in the ebook files being install on the main device rather than the card.
Occasionally the files go to the card but only about a very small percentage of the time. I've never been able to find a cure but as A work around I've found that installing the files on the main device then manually dragging and dropping them from the device to the card and erasing them from the main memory makes them available from the card to my reader. Additionally I've had luck creating an alias
of the books folder on my card and replacing the books folder in “my files” on the main device with it and renaming it just “books” then when loading books from Calibre I send them to the main memory and they seem to be rerouted to the card.
Not elegant but it gets you there
dan11238 is offline   Reply With Quote