Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Formats > ePub

Notices

Old 07-12-2011, 07:50 AM   #1
Toxaris
Wizard
Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-T1, Kobo Touch, Kobo Aura
Word macro for clean HTML code

If anybody is interested, I create a macro to transform a Word document to clean HTML. The following things are supported:
- simple formating (italic, bold, underline, superscript, etc)
- 1 level lists
- tables
- images
- foot- and endnotes
- hyperlinks (internal and external)
- header tags
- custom named styles in Word
- bookmarks

It will use UTF-8.

Just unpack the .bas file. Press Alt+F11 in word and import the .bas file into the Normal.dot.

Comments have been removed or translated into English.

*** I strongly recommend to take a look at the Word add-in instead. It has much more features and is actively maintained. ***
Attached Files
File Type: zip transform_html 2.8_eng.bas.zip (6.4 KB, 3850 views)

Last edited by Toxaris; 02-28-2015 at 02:22 AM.
Toxaris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2011, 07:58 AM   #2
Greg Anos
Grand Sorcerer
Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook
What version of Word/what level of Word documents are needed?
Greg Anos is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-12-2011, 08:30 AM   #3
Toxaris
Wizard
Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

It should work for version 2007 and up. I would not be surprised if it would also work for 2003. It works for both doc and docx.
Old 07-13-2011, 12:45 AM   #4
mvo
Connoisseur
mvo once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.mvo once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.mvo once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.mvo once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.mvo once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.mvo once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.mvo once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.mvo once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.mvo once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.mvo once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.mvo once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.

Device: see signature
Thank you! Luckily, I can read a little bit of Dutch - just enough to get by
mvo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2011, 03:18 PM   #5
Toxaris
Wizard

New version... Better way to change the headers (Word language independant) and prevent of some possible loops.
Attached Files
File Type: zip transform_html.zip (4.0 KB, 2361 views)
Advert
Old 03-07-2012, 12:51 PM   #6
Toxaris
Wizard

A new version again. Installation procedure is the same.

Please be aware. The macro will not create a stylesheet, but will create a reference to a stylesheet (if you choose to).

Last edited by Toxaris; 03-28-2012 at 01:08 PM.
Old 03-07-2012, 04:00 PM   #7
mmat1
Berti
mmat1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mmat1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mmat1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mmat1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mmat1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mmat1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mmat1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mmat1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mmat1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mmat1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mmat1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Acer Lumiread
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toxaris View Post
It should work for version 2007 and up. I would not be surprised if it would also work for 2003. It works for both doc and docx.
This is not an in-depht analysis, but a quick check shows, that it works well in W2003. So W97 shoudn't cause much problems.

It's great !!!!!!
mmat1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2012, 02:51 PM   #8
Toxaris
Wizard

Small bugfixes. It should also work on a Mac now. I also converted the comments and texts into English.

Updated the start post with the latest version.
Old 03-17-2012, 06:02 PM   #9
Keroberos
Zealot
Keroberos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Keroberos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Keroberos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Keroberos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Keroberos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Keroberos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Keroberos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Keroberos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Keroberos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Keroberos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Keroberos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Mini (4GB), Nook Classic wi-fi, iPod Touch (Bluefire Reader)
Many thanks (now I don't have to finish translating it myself ).
Keroberos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2012, 03:24 AM   #10
Hitch
Bookmaker & Cat Slave
Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K2, iPad, KFire, PPW, Voyage, NookColor. 2 Droid, Oasis, Boox Note2
Toxaris:

I downloaded the 2.5 version from your post on 3-7-12, but nothing is in English--did I get the wrong zip?

Tx,
Hitch
Hitch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2012, 01:07 PM   #11
Toxaris
Wizard

Hitch, use the attachment from the top post.
Old 03-28-2012, 03:19 PM   #12
Hitch
Bookmaker & Cat Slave
Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Thanks, Tox:

Thought I'd take it out for a spin; we're always adding new people and new tools, so anything that makes our process faster or can be used by some of our new folks is good.

(ETA: D'oh! "Eng." :facepalm}

Hitch

Last edited by Hitch; 03-28-2012 at 03:41 PM. Reason: ETA: D'oh!
Old 04-06-2012, 05:02 PM   #13
Hitch
Bookmaker & Cat Slave

Hi, Toxaris:

I'll try this again, but every time I attempt to run it, it crashes Win7, Word2010, on a PC Quad.

ETA: Crashes it EVERY TIME.

Hitch

Last edited by Hitch; 04-06-2012 at 05:29 PM. Reason: Update
Old 04-07-2012, 01:29 PM   #14
Toxaris
Wizard

A crash? I never had a crash by the macro before nor have heard of others. I also use Win7, but Word 2007. Does the crash occur at a certain step? Perhaps there are some differences between 2007 and 2010, but a crash should not happen anyway of course.
Does it contain a table?
Old 04-07-2012, 02:48 PM   #15
Hitch
Bookmaker & Cat Slave

Hi, Tox:

No, no tables. The first one I tried contained some Word x-refs (I think to a now non-existent character list, perhaps), which I didn't realize, and I think that just tanked it completely. It simply stopped responding, across all open instances of Word, and I had to restart it.

The second one I tried (and, as far as it goes, it worked a treat, btw) completed, but then it seemed to hang Word. I had to close Word from the task bar; the (now-empty) Word program just sat there like a dead dodo, I couldn't close it by the usual methods, either by File->exit, File->close, or x'ing out, I was only able to close it from the taskbar.

The resulting html file, though, was findable and usable, so whatever happened, it produced the file, placed the finished html file in the dir, but then Word just wanked. (I realize that these are highly descriptive technical terms: wanked). My only other question, other than the Word program weirdness, is the inquiry into the other paragraph styles. I infer that what the macro is asking is for the Word-given style name, is that right? Does this iterate if there are, for example, 5 styles that you wish to retain? (This is simply a curiosity question; I'm comparing this macro's capabilities against the BookCreator macro for our newer bookmakers who haven't developed their own macros/clips/PERL programs to do it.)

Thanks--hope this is remotely useful,

Hitch

Tags
ebook tools