Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Plugins

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 12-06-2023, 07:00 PM   #1
trivialize
trivialize began at the beginning.

Device: none
[ABANDONED] — [GUI Plugin] Calibre RPC

This plugin adds Discord Rich Presence to Calibre.

Features:
- Toolbar action to toggle the presence without restarting Calibre.
- Shows a default browsing state that includes the amount of books in the library (doesn't automatically update yet).
- Displays the title and author of the book currently being read/edited.

Installation:
Go to the releases page (https://github.com/die/calibre-rpc/releases/latest), and download the zip. In Calibre, go to Preferences -> Plugins -> Load plugin from file -> Select the zip -> Restart for changes to take effect. If the interface button isn't added to the main toolbar, you can add it

There was a post regarding this concept from @split (https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sh...d.php?t=352476), however there wasn't any place for me to contribute. Due to this, I've created a Github repository (https://github.com/die/calibre-rpc) so that others can have a look and/or contribute.

I'm new to this forum, creating plugins, and Python so please let me know of anything if there are any mistakes/bad practices. I originally made this plugin for myself, but I hope that this plugin provides for somebody
Old 12-10-2023, 02:51 PM   #2
trivialize
trivialize began at the beginning.

reserved post
Advert
Old 02-29-2024, 04:24 AM   #3
crimson
In Cyberspace
crimson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crimson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crimson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crimson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crimson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crimson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crimson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crimson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crimson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crimson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crimson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: None
Hello, the link doesn't work any more. I installed Split's plugin but it didn't work. Can you update the link so I can try your version? Thanks.
Old 02-29-2024, 09:33 AM   #4
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Quote:
Originally Posted by crimson View Post
Hello, the link doesn't work any more. I installed Split's plugin but it didn't work. Can you update the link so I can try your version? Thanks.
What does Sigil not working have to do with this Plugin. (This is the Calibre plugin forum)

Last edited by theducks; 02-29-2024 at 09:42 AM. Reason: oops
Old 02-29-2024, 09:39 AM   #5
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by theducks View Post
What does Sigil not working have to do with this Plugin. (This is the Calibre plugin forum)
Where was Sigil mentioned?
Advert
Old 02-29-2024, 09:41 AM   #6
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A

Oops. Eyesight error My bad Sorry

Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post
Where was Sigil mentioned?
Old 02-29-2024, 11:16 AM   #7
JimmXinu
Plugin Developer
JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite(10th)
This thread contains the only two posts on the site by user trivialize, doesn't contain the plugin zip file, and the project--and user--on github are now 404 not found.

I think this plugin has been abandoned.
Old 02-29-2024, 03:28 PM   #8
BetterRed
null operator (he/him)
BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JimmXinu View Post
This thread contains the only two posts on the site by user trivialize, doesn't contain the plugin zip file, and the project--and user--on github are now 404 not found.

I think this plugin has been abandoned.
Moderator Notice

BR
Closed Thread