Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader

Notices

Old 12-07-2010, 09:19 PM   #1
EasyAs123
Love to Read
EasyAs123 began at the beginning.

Device: Sony Reader Pocket Edition (gift), Sony PRS-T1, Nook HD+ 32GB
Both Reader Library and Adobe Digital Editions hang

I'm very much a novice here. I've tried searching the posts for a similar issue and couldn't find anything. If I missed a post I would appreciate a link to it.

I get most of my books from the Free Library of Philadelphia. Until recently, I had no problem returning books. Now I can't. Both the Sony Reader Library and Adobe Digital Editions no longer give me that option. I can delete books, but not return them. I have no idea why this happened.

I tried to return a book today. Now the Sony Reader Library goes blank and hangs when I look at my library. I can see what is on my PRS-300 and I can drill down on my computer to the files, but I cannot select library.

I'm very much a noob with this, so any help would be greatly appreciated.
EasyAs123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2010, 09:33 PM   #2
Xanthe
Plan B Is Now In Force
Xanthe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xanthe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xanthe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xanthe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xanthe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xanthe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xanthe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xanthe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xanthe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xanthe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xanthe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Aluratek,Sony 350/T1,Pandigital,eBM 911,Nook HD/HD+,Fire HDX 7/8.9,PW2
Can't help you because I just borrowed books using ADE a few days ago for the first time. I was actually wondering how the books get returned - there doesn't seem to be any setting on ADE to "return book".
Xanthe is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-07-2010, 11:06 PM   #3
grooks
Wizard
grooks can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.grooks can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.grooks can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.grooks can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.grooks can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.grooks can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.grooks can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.grooks can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.grooks can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.grooks can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.grooks can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.

Device: Pocketbook Era, Kobo Forma
Sounds like a temporary glitch for the library return option. I would try again tomorrow to see if the problem still occurs.

Xanthe, ADE has an option to 'Return Borrowed Item'. You may have to right click on the ebook to see the option.
grooks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2010, 03:28 AM   #4
doreenjoy
01000100 01001010
doreenjoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doreenjoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doreenjoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doreenjoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doreenjoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doreenjoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doreenjoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doreenjoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doreenjoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doreenjoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doreenjoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Polyamorous
Can you check out new books?

I'm wondering if your ADE authorization got hosed somehow.

If you can still check out new books, it's probably just a temporary glitch.
doreenjoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2010, 12:28 PM   #5
EasyAs123
Love to Read
EasyAs123 began at the beginning.

Device: Sony Reader Pocket Edition (gift), Sony PRS-T1, Nook HD+ 32GB
I can check out books, but I can't return. And now my library does not show any books at all, even though they are there (can see them in Windows Explorer).

I'm not certain what is messed up. Should I uninstall and re-install the software to see if I can clear this glitch up?
EasyAs123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert