Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Deals and Resources (No Self-Promotion or Affiliate Links)

Notices

Old 11-01-2010, 01:47 AM   #1
jgray
Fanatic
jgray ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgray ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgray ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgray ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgray ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgray ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgray ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgray ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgray ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgray ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgray ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Clara 2E & Sage
Highland Feast (free epub)

I didn't see that this book was mentioned before on MR. It's free at the Sony store.

http://ebookstore.sony.com/ebook/mil...00000000256919

At first, I didn't think I was going to like this book. It started off much too verbose and loaded with too many adjectives. After a while, the writing seemed to settle down and develop into a good character story. I just finished chapter four and am enjoying the story.

I won't give away too many details, but it is a story of a family and food. The food angle is interwoven naturally into the story. As a side benefit, you get some great recipes at the end of each chapter.

It's unusual for a book to alternately bring a tear to your eye and then make your mouth water. This book does just that.

Back to the rest of the book.

Joe
jgray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2010, 02:49 AM   #2
koland
Grand Sorcerer
koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kindle(all), nook, nookcolor, Sony, Kobo, epic, iphone, iPad, pc
It's on Smashwords, but with the author last name spelled McQuarrie instead of McQuattie (and it's $4.50)
koland is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-01-2010, 04:56 AM   #3
jgray
Fanatic
jgray ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgray ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgray ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgray ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgray ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgray ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgray ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgray ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgray ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgray ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgray ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Clara 2E & Sage
I guess someone at Sony can't spell (or perhaps type). If you look at the cover posted at the Sony store, it says "McQuarrie", which sounds like a proper Scottish name to me.

As I read this book, I do have a small complaint. It should have been proofread better. There are some spelling mistakes and a few duplicate words. Regardless of whether a book is free or not, these types of errors look unprofessional and detract from the reading experience.

Joe
jgray is offline   Reply With Quote