Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Conversion

Notices

Old 11-29-2012, 07:58 PM   #1
Stonecoldcrb
Stonecoldcrb began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle
Noob conversion help

Hope you can bear with me with a newbie question

I have 1700 epubs I wish to convert to mobi using Calibre. I want to do so in that I want to convert them all and have them saved in one folder, rather than the myriad of folders by author that generally happens when converting multiple books.

What settings do I change or whatnot to save all my coversions to one folder without subfolders etc?

and is it poss. during that save process to just have the mobi files saved to that said folder, rather than the original epub AND the newly generated mobi file?

Hope I articulated that properly.

Thanks for any help
Cheers
Stonecoldcrb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2012, 08:58 PM   #2
PeterT
Grand Sorcerer
PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Clara, Touch, Tolino EPOS
Take a look at https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=196946 for some ideas on conversion via command line.

You want something like
At command line
Code:
for /r %1 in (*.epub) do "c:\Program Files (x86)\Calibre2\ebook-convert.exe" "%~dpn1.epubi" "\my\output_directory\%~n1.mobi"
This will convert all epubs in the current directory and all directories under it to mobi's and place them all in \my\output_directory.
PeterT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2012, 09:32 PM   #3
Stonecoldcrb

Thanks so much Peter for the input but frankly I have no clue how to do what you have suggested. I'm embarrassed to say.........
Old 11-30-2012, 03:29 AM   #4
Agama
Guru
Agama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Agama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Agama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Agama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Agama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Agama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Agama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Agama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Agama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Agama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Agama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PW2, Nexus7
PeterT has given you calibre's command line interface (CLI) syntax for achieving your requirements.

If you are using calibre's GUI rather than CLI then you cannot get the conversion output to be saved directly into a single folder.

However, you can use the Save-to-Disk function after conversion to save the books to a user-defined folder structure by using the template found in: Settings > Saving books to disk.
Agama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2012, 06:34 PM   #5
BetterRed
null operator (he/him)
BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Quote:
Originally Posted by Agama View Post
PeterT has given you calibre's command line interface (CLI) syntax for achieving your requirements.

If you are using calibre's GUI rather than CLI then you cannot get the conversion output to be saved directly into a single folder.

However, you can use the Save-to-Disk function after conversion to save the books to a user-defined folder structure by using the template found in: Settings > Saving books to disk.
@Stonecoldcrb

After saving as per Agama's suggestion, you can delete the mobi's from the Calibre book folders by selecting all the books and using the Remove->Remove files of a specific format from selected books... feature

Its a good idea to backup your library before doing bulk operations such those suggested, then if you make a mistake you can start over.

BR
BetterRed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2012, 09:14 AM   #6
Stonecoldcrb

Awesome folks!!! Thanks for all the help. Got it done and all works like a charm!!!!!

Cheers