Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Fire

Notices

Old 11-16-2011, 04:02 PM   #31
Blossom
Treasure Seeker
Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo HD Glo, Kindles, Kindle Fires, Andriod Devices
Quote:
Originally Posted by =X= View Post
I think you mean MobiPocket. MobileRed is this web site.

Moon and Mantano have good brightness settings withing the app.

How good do these apps look on the Kindle Fire?

=X=
Mantano looks great! The brightness setting works well too! You can go all the way down to your liking. No need to bother with any other setting like on the Kindle app.
Blossom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2011, 04:05 PM   #32
Blossom
Treasure Seeker
Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jswinden View Post
Yep! I'm sleep deprived because my Kindle Fire kept me up too late last night.
Go to bed! I will be here shortly. 4 hours is not enough for my Anemic brain.
Old 11-16-2011, 04:27 PM   #33
jswinden
Nameless Being

Quote:
Originally Posted by =X= View Post
I think you mean MobiPocket. MobileRead is this web site.

Moon and Mantano have good brightness settings withing the app.

How good do these apps look on the Kindle Fire?

=X=
I attached a couple of photos of the Fire running Mantano Free.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blossom View Post
Go to bed! I will be here shortly. 4 hours is not enough for my Anemic brain.

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Mantano-01.jpg
Views:	380
Size:	216.0 KB
ID:	79057   Click image for larger version

Name:	Mantano-02.jpg
Views:	380
Size:	228.3 KB
ID:	79058  
Old 11-16-2011, 04:35 PM   #34
jswinden
Nameless Being

BTW, if you use your computer to search for reader apps in the Amazon store you get a nice long list, but those seem to mostly go away when you search for them on the Fire.

Search from computer:
  • Aldiko
  • Bluefire
  • Kobo
  • Mantano
  • Moon+

Search from Fire:
  • none of the above
Old 11-16-2011, 04:41 PM   #35
covfam
Addict
covfam ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.covfam ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.covfam ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.covfam ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.covfam ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.covfam ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.covfam ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.covfam ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.covfam ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.covfam ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.covfam ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Ipod Touch,Ipad3,Kindle fire, Samsung Galaxy tab, Samsung Galaxy S3
Quote:
Originally Posted by jswinden View Post
BTW, if you use your computer to search for reader apps in the Amazon store you get a nice long list, but those seem to mostly go away when you search for them on the Fire.

Search from computer:
  • Aldiko
  • Bluefire
  • Kobo
  • Mantano
  • Moon+

Search from Fire:

• none of the above
so basicly all the majors?
covfam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2011, 04:47 PM   #36
SCION
Séduisant
SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Boox Note Air2+; Kobo Libra2; Kindle Scribe, Oasis3; iPad Mini6
Quote:
Originally Posted by covfam View Post
so basicly all the majors?
It's not detrimental, because you can sideload them. They could have shut that off like Barnes and Noble. I grabbed a bunch of stuff off my Sony Tablet and uploaded them to Dropbox.
SCION is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2011, 05:58 PM   #37
Synergi
Addict
Synergi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Synergi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Synergi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Synergi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Synergi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Synergi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Synergi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Synergi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Synergi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Synergi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Synergi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW, iPadPro, Galaxy Note 5, 8 (tab) & Galaxy Tab S3
Quote:
Originally Posted by SCION View Post
It's not detrimental, because you can sideload them. They could have shut that off like Barnes and Noble. I grabbed a bunch of stuff off my Sony Tablet and uploaded them to Dropbox.
The Only downside so far is the App's resolution on the home page looks bad on most of the side loaded stuff I've tried.

How about you guys?
Synergi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2011, 06:08 PM   #38
SCION
Séduisant
SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Boox Note Air2+; Kobo Libra2; Kindle Scribe, Oasis3; iPad Mini6
Quote:
Originally Posted by Synergi View Post
The Only downside so far is the App's resolution on the home page looks bad on most of the side loaded stuff I've tried.

How about you guys?
Yes! Terrible. *shaking my head* Strangely, some sideloaded icons look fine.
SCION is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2011, 10:30 PM   #39
Blossom
Treasure Seeker

Quote:
Originally Posted by SCION View Post
Yes! Terrible. *shaking my head* Strangely, some sideloaded icons look fine.
It's because of the icon used for some app is made to be enlarged like ES File Explorer I install the market version I wanted move to\copy to features the outdated one at the app store doesn't have. Of course it now tells me when I check my app in the store it needs an update which isn't true. Amazon you need the update.

I don't use the carousel I scroll past it to the shelves. It's needs to be configurable. I got 1000+ books on my archive so I can't find anything on it.