Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Library Management

Notices

Old 04-28-2017, 05:38 PM   #1
Gitsy365
Gitsy365 began at the beginning.

Device: Samsung Galaxy Tab A6
Metadata plugboard on a Samsung galaxy tab A6

Firstly, I'm really sorry if this is in the wrong section. This is my first post here.

So I have calibre a while and have been using it flawlessly with a kindle paperwhite. My plugboard is set up so that books in a series are easy to arrange chronologically. I recently got a galaxy tab A6 to replace the kindle, but the plugboard does not work with this device.

Does anyone know what I need to do to get the plugboard to work with the new Device?

Thanks in advance, Gitsy365
Gitsy365 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2017, 06:17 PM   #2
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Plugboards don't work with the Device.
They work with the apps (on the device). You need to mention the APP you are using.

I inserted the Series_index into the Title on my K4 (dedicated app ) and used Kindle collections to do the Series name
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2017, 06:56 PM   #3
BetterRed
null operator (he/him)
BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gitsy365 View Post
Firstly, I'm really sorry if this is in the wrong section. This is my first post here.
Exactly the right section.

Welcome to Mobileread and the Calibre forum

BR
BetterRed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2017, 01:46 AM   #4
Gitsy365

Quote:
Originally Posted by theducks View Post
Plugboards don't work with the Device.
They work with the apps (on the device). You need to mention the APP you are using.

I inserted the Series_index into the Title on my K4 (dedicated app ) and used Kindle collections to do the Series name
I have the kindle app and also ereader prestigio. I'm open to getting whatever app best let's me arrange book series in chronological order. Any Suggestions?
Old 04-29-2017, 07:46 AM   #5
chaley
Grand Sorcerer
chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2
At the risk of making a shameless plug, you might want to try Calibre Companion on your Samsung. It handles sorting and grouping on most anything you want, including series. CC should integrate with the prestigio app, although I haven't tried it. CC integrates "somewhat" with the Kindle app.

Try the free version to see if it solves your problem. It is fully functional, just limited to 20 books.
chaley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2017, 11:47 AM   #6
Gitsy365

Quote:
Originally Posted by chaley View Post
At the risk of making a shameless plug, you might want to try Calibre Companion on your Samsung. It handles sorting and grouping on most anything you want, including series. CC should integrate with the prestigio app, although I haven't tried it. CC integrates "somewhat" with the Kindle app.

Try the free version to see if it solves your problem. It is fully functional, just limited to 20 books.
I have the full version Chaley. I'll just have to learn how to use it. Connectivity between CC and Calibre is brilliant though. I've made some inroad into getting things set up how I want.

One problem I have is tags. The two main readers I use (moon+ pro and prestagio), seem to want to seperate books by the whole tag so finding a series by tag won't work because not all the tags in the series are an exact match. I'll give an example. Alone came a spider has the tag, fiction, Alex Cross. Kiss the Girls has a tag fiction, Alex Cross and Thriller. With CC, the tag difference is irrelevant, because it checks each tag individually. Any way I can fix this in the readers without having to go back and match tags?
Old 04-30-2017, 05:03 PM   #7
chaley
Grand Sorcerer
chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gitsy365 View Post
I have the full version Chaley. I'll just have to learn how to use it. Connectivity between CC and Calibre is brilliant though. I've made some inroad into getting things set up how I want.

One problem I have is tags. The two main readers I use (moon+ pro and prestagio), seem to want to seperate books by the whole tag so finding a series by tag won't work because not all the tags in the series are an exact match. I'll give an example. Alone came a spider has the tag, fiction, Alex Cross. Kiss the Girls has a tag fiction, Alex Cross and Thriller. With CC, the tag difference is irrelevant, because it checks each tag individually. Any way I can fix this in the readers without having to go back and match tags?
I know of no way to fix a reader app's broken handling of tags (and series and publisher and custom columns).

AFAIK most people who use CC use it as their library manager. Doing so avoids the problems of attempting to use the manager in the reader app. For example, I use moon+ pro as my epub reader app, but I do not use any of its library features. I use CC to look for a book to read, launching it in moon+. I use one of CC's desktop widgets to make it easy to relaunch the reader. I have changed the moon+ settings to exit when I "back arrow" out so that it goes back to CC. And so on.

There are people who use CC as a transport to move books, choosing to use their reader app as the library manager. Usually these people use Kindle for Android or Aldiko, but some use other readers. If this is what they want to do then more power to them. I certainly don't want to tell people that what they want to do is wrong.
chaley is offline   Reply With Quote