Notices

Old 05-21-2009, 06:58 AM   #16
Pangolyn
Enthusiast
Pangolyn began at the beginning.

Device: PRS700
Quote:
Originally Posted by Andybaby View Post
AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH someone cut off some bodyparts of mine...
I was thinking of someone else...clearly ANDYbaby is male. Sorry!
Pangolyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2009, 07:39 PM   #17
Andybaby
Wizard
Andybaby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andybaby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andybaby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andybaby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andybaby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andybaby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andybaby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andybaby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andybaby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andybaby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andybaby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-700
lol, that's okay, my names not andy anyway. its just a name I made up as a fake email address, but I just ended up posting here more than I thought I would.

at least 1 person has bought a case because of this review, and for that, I am very very happy.
Andybaby is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-25-2009, 07:06 PM   #18
rebarnmom
Wizard
rebarnmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rebarnmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rebarnmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rebarnmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rebarnmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rebarnmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rebarnmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rebarnmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rebarnmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rebarnmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rebarnmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-700 (traded in), Sony PRS-650
I guess I have mixed emotions regarding my M-Edge cover.

On the plus side, it's beautiful (I have the sapphire color) and seems very protective, fitting snugly. And I like the pockets on the inside for memory cards, notepaper, whatever.

On the down side, it seems awfully bulky to me. It no longer fits in the designated pocket of my purse where I always kept it, when not in use. My cover doesn't seem to bend backwards very naturally. Maybe it just needs to be broken in. And while the strap holds very nicely, it seems to get in the way when I'm holding it. I liked the magnetic type closure of the original cover.

It might just take getting used to. My two cents for what they're worth!
rebarnmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2009, 07:43 AM   #19
Andybaby
Wizard
Andybaby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andybaby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andybaby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andybaby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andybaby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andybaby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andybaby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andybaby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andybaby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andybaby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andybaby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

seems no one is interested in the Blues and the Lime, and the purple.

Black and Fuchia seem to be the most popular color with 2 buys each.
2 mochas (different types but both mochas)
1 grey/black

if anyone got the saphire blue, the cream/mocha or the Lime Green. I would love to see pics of them, as those all seem the next most interesting to me.

also after a 2 weeks of heavy use, the leather is very strong, it doesn't get scratched easily. its sturdy, and it still smells like leather.

thanks for the 7 people who bought their cover from this review (5 700 owners, 2 505 owners)
Old 06-02-2009, 12:23 PM   #20
rebarnmom
Wizard
rebarnmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rebarnmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rebarnmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rebarnmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rebarnmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rebarnmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rebarnmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rebarnmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rebarnmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rebarnmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rebarnmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-700 (traded in), Sony PRS-650
Quote:
seems no one is interested in the Blues and the Lime, and the purple.

Black and Fuchia seem to be the most popular color with 2 buys each.
2 mochas (different types but both mochas)
1 grey/black

if anyone got the saphire blue, the cream/mocha or the Lime Green. I would love to see pics of them, as those all seem the next most interesting to me.

also after a 2 weeks of heavy use, the leather is very strong, it doesn't get scratched easily. its sturdy, and it still smells like leather.

thanks for the 7 people who bought their cover from this review (5 700 owners, 2 505 owners)
I have the Sapphire Blue! It's Gorgeous! (I'll try to take some pics for you!)
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	M-Edge Sapphire.jpg
Views:	285
Size:	849.3 KB
ID:	30219   Click image for larger version

Name:	M-Edge.jpg
Views:	268
Size:	828.2 KB
ID:	30220   Click image for larger version

Name:	Sony in M-Edge.jpg
Views:	319
Size:	587.0 KB
ID:	30221   Click image for larger version

Name:	Sapphire Blue M-Edge.jpg
Views:	273
Size:	739.7 KB
ID:	30222  

Last edited by rebarnmom; 06-02-2009 at 01:52 PM. Reason: To add pics
rebarnmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-02-2009, 09:39 PM   #21
Andybaby
Wizard

Oooh that's pretty. I'm gonna have to get one for my girlfriends 505. (probably purple) I think she would like it.
Old 06-08-2009, 11:08 AM   #22
mos
Addict
mos knows what time it ismos knows what time it ismos knows what time it ismos knows what time it ismos knows what time it ismos knows what time it ismos knows what time it ismos knows what time it ismos knows what time it ismos knows what time it ismos knows what time it is

Device: iphone 4, iPad, Nook softrooted
@Andybaby, thanks for the great review. Now I wanna have one, but cannot get one. That is realy sad . I think I'd go for the saddle brown one. Looks so classic. Well, guess I can just dream of a nice looking cover.
mos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2009, 06:33 AM   #23
mos
Addict
mos knows what time it ismos knows what time it ismos knows what time it ismos knows what time it ismos knows what time it ismos knows what time it ismos knows what time it ismos knows what time it ismos knows what time it ismos knows what time it ismos knows what time it is

Device: iphone 4, iPad, Nook softrooted
Got mine yesterday. Thanks to Alpha.....! It looks awesome. Only thing i would liked more, would have been a darker inside. This one is in a very light grey. Brown or black would have been better, but it looks great anyway.

Here are some pics of the saddle brown one:

Last edited by mos; 06-27-2009 at 06:38 AM.
mos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2009, 07:50 PM   #24
wpk123
wpk123 began at the beginning.

Device: Sony PRS700
Quote:
Originally Posted by mos View Post
Got mine yesterday. Thanks to Alpha.....! It looks awesome. Only thing i would liked more, would have been a darker inside. This one is in a very light grey. Brown or black would have been better, but it looks great anyway.
Mos, it looks very nice indeed. Still waiting for mine to arrive. Ordered from the m-edge website after reading andybaby's glowing review (couldn't use the link as amazon won't ship it to Malaysia either).

One question, do the bands holding the corners of the 700 fit tightly? I'm worried that the reader may slip off if the cover is flex during use.
wpk123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2009, 10:00 PM   #25
Andybaby
Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by wpk123 View Post
Mos, it looks very nice indeed. Still waiting for mine to arrive. Ordered from the m-edge website after reading andybaby's glowing review (couldn't use the link as amazon won't ship it to Malaysia either).

One question, do the bands holding the corners of the 700 fit tightly? I'm worried that the reader may slip off if the cover is flex during use.
its very secure. even if one corner comes off its still secure.

and the cover wont flex. its very stable and protective
Old 06-29-2009, 02:12 PM   #26
Treven
Addict
Treven will become famous soon enoughTreven will become famous soon enoughTreven will become famous soon enoughTreven will become famous soon enoughTreven will become famous soon enoughTreven will become famous soon enough

Device: iPad
Planning on getting one of these for my 700 later this week, after payday (Wednesday). Having only seen pictures of the cover, my only concern is the pockets inside the front cover. I guess I'm so used to the cover that I bought from Sony for my 505 which has the pockets inside the back cover. With that one, the big pocket held my passport when I was traveling, & there was room for a business card, and that was fine with me.

The previous cover is "almost" large enough for my 700.

Last edited by Treven; 06-29-2009 at 02:14 PM.
Treven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2009, 07:25 PM   #27
Treven
Addict
Treven will become famous soon enoughTreven will become famous soon enoughTreven will become famous soon enoughTreven will become famous soon enoughTreven will become famous soon enoughTreven will become famous soon enough

Device: iPad
My new cover arrived today; got the marbeled red one. Now that I see it physically, I can understand why the pockets are inside the front cover. The red one looks very rich, and it sure does stink - good; smells like good leather is supposed to.
Treven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2009, 07:44 PM   #28
Andybaby
Wizard

that's good, another red owner. and it still smells like leather after all this time. though not as strong
Old 07-17-2009, 12:54 AM   #29
wpk123
wpk123 began at the beginning.

Device: Sony PRS700
Quote:
that's good, another red owner. and it still smells like leather after all this time. though not as strong
Andybaby

Chalk up another proud owner here! I'm so very glad to have gone ahead and gotten this cover.

Ordered the cover after reading your glowing review. Was waiting for it to arrive when, two days ago, I dropped the ereader. One of the tabs on the original cover holding the device bent open, and the ereader did a skid on cemented floor. Thankfully, it only suffered superficial/cosmetic damage. Received the M-edge cover this morning and very, very pleased with the extra security offered. The ereader is now held snuggly in my saddle brown leather armour. Haven't tried dropping it but I'm sure the ereader will not spill out (No I won't try it out!).

Thanks again Andybaby for the review.

PK
wpk123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2009, 03:46 AM   #30
Andybaby
Wizard

your welcome.

and I've dropped it a few times in the leather cover and both the cover and the reader hold up well.

only some burring on the leather due to places where I've pocketed it or something or some scratches.