Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Reading Recommendations

Notices

Old 05-23-2018, 08:32 AM   #1
gweeks
Fanatic
gweeks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gweeks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gweeks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gweeks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gweeks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gweeks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gweeks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gweeks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gweeks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gweeks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gweeks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Rocket, Nook ST, Kobo WiFi, Kindle PW
The Flowers of Vashnoi by Lois McMaster Bujold

This a novella in the Miles Vorkosigan saga starring Ekaterin, Lady Vorkosigan. It takes place after Captain Vorpatril’s Alliance. I recommend almost anything by Lois McMaster Bujold. It's $3.99 at Amazon. That's what she sells all of her novellas for.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07D4M7N3L

Greg
gweeks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2018, 09:16 AM   #2
pdurrant
The Grand Mouse 高貴的老鼠
pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage
Quote:
Originally Posted by gweeks View Post
This a novella in the Miles Vorkosigan saga starring Ekaterin, Lady Vorkosigan. It takes place after Captain Vorpatril’s Alliance. I recommend almost anything by Lois McMaster Bujold. It's $3.99 at Amazon. That's what she sells all of her novellas for.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07D4M7N3L
Thanks! £2.95 at Amazon UK
pdurrant is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-05-2019, 08:45 AM   #3
pdurrant
The Grand Mouse 高貴的老鼠
pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage
She's just published another novella, this time in her Sharing Knife world. See this thread.
pdurrant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2020, 12:17 PM   #4
Tomk2
Groupie
Tomk2 is an accomplished Snipe hunter.Tomk2 is an accomplished Snipe hunter.Tomk2 is an accomplished Snipe hunter.Tomk2 is an accomplished Snipe hunter.Tomk2 is an accomplished Snipe hunter.Tomk2 is an accomplished Snipe hunter.Tomk2 is an accomplished Snipe hunter.Tomk2 is an accomplished Snipe hunter.Tomk2 is an accomplished Snipe hunter.Tomk2 is an accomplished Snipe hunter.Tomk2 is an accomplished Snipe hunter.

Device: none
old thread revival: instead of starting a new thread, can you tell me if the Bujold books sold by Amazon had DRM? There were 2 or three books I wanted, and I have a choice between buying from Amazon or Baen for the same price. I have a credit at Amazon I can use and not have it cost anything, but one of the (non-baen, non-Bujold) books from Amazon in my last purchase had DRM that I have not been successful removing for backup and use on my Nook. I am pretty sure the Baen site does not use DRM?
Tomk2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2020, 01:04 AM   #5
ametzler
Zealot
ametzler ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ametzler ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ametzler ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ametzler ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ametzler ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ametzler ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ametzler ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ametzler ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ametzler ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ametzler ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ametzler ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite II
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tomk2 View Post
old thread revival: instead of starting a new thread, can you tell me if the Bujold books sold by Amazon had DRM? There were 2 or three books I wanted, and I have a choice between buying from Amazon or Baen for the same price. I have a credit at Amazon I can use and not have it cost anything, but one of the (non-baen, non-Bujold) books from Amazon in my last purchase had DRM that I have not been successful removing for backup and use on my Nook. I am pretty sure the Baen site does not use DRM?
According to google Amazon's version should be DRM-free although the book description does not say so. ("At the Publisher's request, this title is being sold without Digital Rights Management Software (DRM) applied." is missing).

Personally I have always bought from Baen (indeed DRM-free, see https://www.baen.com/t-drm ) to weaken the monopol infinitesimally.
ametzler is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-14-2020, 03:26 PM   #6
j.p.s
Grand Sorcerer
j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: pb360
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tomk2 View Post
If the book from amazon is in KFX format, it will have DRM regardless of publisher request. To get it DRM free, you need to get it in KF8 (azw3) or KF7 (mobi), by downloading for USB transfer or using kindle for (pc|mac), or using a kindle too old to support KFX.
j.p.s is offline   Reply With Quote