Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre Companion

Notices

Old 04-21-2020, 03:26 PM   #1
NYC_Biker
NYC_Biker began at the beginning.

Device: ios
Configuring CC

I have calibre already configured to go to a URL HTTP://someURL.com:8080

If I launch this in a browser I am then prompted for user ID / pw and can then access my libraries on my Iphone from anywhere that I have internet access.

What is the proper setup for this inside CC?

Should the URL be manually configured and the port listed on the next line?

If I attempt to manually configure it I receive the ID/pw prompt but then it fails saying it cannot find the content server.

If I am home and on the same home network as my calibre content server it will connect assuming I've left the manual config blank.

Thanks!
NYC_Biker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2020, 06:53 PM   #2
pwalker8
Grand Sorcerer
pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Pro, iPad mini, Kobo Aura, Amazon paperwhite, Sony PRS-T2
Quote:
Originally Posted by NYC_Biker View Post
I have calibre already configured to go to a URL HTTP://someURL.com:8080

If I launch this in a browser I am then prompted for user ID / pw and can then access my libraries on my Iphone from anywhere that I have internet access.

What is the proper setup for this inside CC?

Should the URL be manually configured and the port listed on the next line?

If I attempt to manually configure it I receive the ID/pw prompt but then it fails saying it cannot find the content server.

If I am home and on the same home network as my calibre content server it will connect assuming I've left the manual config blank.

Thanks!
Sounds like you are some sort of firewall issue.
pwalker8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-27-2020, 03:06 PM   #3
NYC_Biker
NYC_Biker began at the beginning.

Device: ios
@Pwalker. I checked the firewall settings on my laptop and calibre is allowed through.

Is calibre designed for use on the home LAN (e.g my ios device must be currently connected to same network as calibre content server?
NYC_Biker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2020, 06:27 AM   #4
pwalker8
Grand Sorcerer
pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Pro, iPad mini, Kobo Aura, Amazon paperwhite, Sony PRS-T2
Quote:
Originally Posted by NYC_Biker View Post
@Pwalker. I checked the firewall settings on my laptop and calibre is allowed through.

Is calibre designed for use on the home LAN (e.g my ios device must be currently connected to same network as calibre content server?
You should be able to connect outside as a content server rather than a wireless connection. Try connecting to calibre via the web browser using that URL. If you can't, then the issue is the firewall/router. Remember the IP that is exposed to the world isn't the same as the IP you use on your home lan. You should be able to test on your phone by turning wifi off on your phone and using the cell data.
pwalker8 is offline   Reply With Quote