Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Introduce Yourself

Notices

Old 01-24-2020, 05:18 PM   #1
donaldschoengold
donaldschoengold began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle
Keep Books from Expiring on a Cruise

I am going on a long cruise and I always take my Kindle with me. The problem is that the books expire half way through the cruise. If I download books from my library and then go into airplane mode, will my book loans expire?

DON
donaldschoengold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2020, 02:59 AM   #2
stumped
Wizard
stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kobo forma, Kobo Libra, Huawei media Tab, fire HD10, PW3 HDX8.9,
Quote:
Originally Posted by donaldschoengold View Post
I am going on a long cruise and I always take my Kindle with me. The problem is that the books expire half way through the cruise. If I download books from my library and then go into airplane mode, will my book loans expire?

DON
yes, because they will use the device date and time to check loan expiry.
dunno what happens if you wind the device date back a week part way through the trip - could mess up other things...

if you can afford to buy a long cruise, surely you can actually afford to BUY a couple of books instead of loaning them all ? - just a thought
stumped is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2020, 02:58 PM   #3
hobnail
Running with scissors
hobnail ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hobnail ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hobnail ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hobnail ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hobnail ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hobnail ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hobnail ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hobnail ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hobnail ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hobnail ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hobnail ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Quote:
Originally Posted by stumped View Post
if you can afford to buy a long cruise, surely you can actually afford to BUY a couple of books instead of loaning them all ? - just a thought
Finally, your chance to read War and Peace. Bring along Finnegans Wake as a backup, or for free, Ulysses; for whatever reason Finnegans Wake isn't on Project Gutenberg.

http://www.gutenberg.org/ebooks/2600

http://www.gutenberg.org/ebooks/4300

Use this site to verify that you're going for big:

https://www.readinglength.com/book/isbn-0241265541

Last edited by hobnail; 01-25-2020 at 03:21 PM.
hobnail is offline   Reply With Quote