Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > General Discussions

Notices

Old 04-01-2020, 04:57 PM   #31
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Uncle Robin View Post
A day I deeply dread, because in all honesty I literally have no problem with Comic Sans, and have never understood why using it is considered to be as bad as a crime as infanticide.
You have it somewhat incorrect. Using Comic Sans IS as bad a reading 50 Shades of Grey.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2020, 05:31 AM   #32
Quoth
the rook, bossing Never.
Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: All 4 Kinds: epub eink, Kindle, android eink, NxtPaper11
Quote:
Originally Posted by Uncle Robin View Post
A day I deeply dread, because in all honesty I literally have no problem with Comic Sans, and have never understood why using it is considered to be as bad as a crime as infanticide.
It's not.

Obviously it has appropriate applications.
Quoth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2020, 05:32 AM   #33
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quoth View Post
It's not.

Name 10.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2020, 06:18 AM   #34
Uncle Robin
Diligent dilettante
Uncle Robin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uncle Robin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uncle Robin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uncle Robin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uncle Robin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uncle Robin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uncle Robin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uncle Robin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uncle Robin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uncle Robin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uncle Robin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage; Kobo Libra H2O
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quoth View Post
It's not.

I would say it IS considered to be that bad by a great many people. Daring to say it's not THAT bad is just about guaranteed to bring down the flames of a legion angry respondents. Amusing, really.
Uncle Robin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2020, 09:17 AM   #35
ps67
Guru
ps67 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ps67 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ps67 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ps67 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ps67 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ps67 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ps67 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ps67 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ps67 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ps67 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ps67 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite, Kobo Elipsa, Pocketbook Color PB633, Inkpad Color
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Comic_Sans

Of course You can use it for what You want but for things like contracts (I have seen it) ecc it is not the font I would use.
And about eink readers: I couldn't read a book with that font but if somebody likes it why I should say: "it is wrong"?
ps67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2020, 10:55 AM   #36
Quoth
the rook, bossing Never.
Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: All 4 Kinds: epub eink, Kindle, android eink, NxtPaper11
I can't imagine it as a body font except for a short note.
Quoth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2020, 04:59 PM   #37
gogu1904
Connoisseur
gogu1904 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gogu1904 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gogu1904 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gogu1904 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gogu1904 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gogu1904 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gogu1904 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gogu1904 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gogu1904 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gogu1904 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gogu1904 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura One LE
FYI: Sorkin Type Co released an update to Merriweather Sans, version 2.001. This one has a strange problem. Is definitely too bold (it is bolder than version 1.006 that I know to be the previous one). The light font is too light. How can I use FontForge to make a font lighter?
gogu1904 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2020, 09:32 AM   #38
deetailed
deetailed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.deetailed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.deetailed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.deetailed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.deetailed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.deetailed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.deetailed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.deetailed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.deetailed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.deetailed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.deetailed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Onyx Boox Nova Pro
So lately I'm partial to Arial Nova Condensed.
deetailed is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
ereader issues, fonts