Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Library Management

Notices

Old 01-06-2020, 05:38 AM   #1
MarcDS
Enthusiast
MarcDS knows who John Galt is.MarcDS knows who John Galt is.MarcDS knows who John Galt is.MarcDS knows who John Galt is.MarcDS knows who John Galt is.MarcDS knows who John Galt is.MarcDS knows who John Galt is.MarcDS knows who John Galt is.MarcDS knows who John Galt is.MarcDS knows who John Galt is.MarcDS knows who John Galt is.

Device: Windows 10 PC, Windows 10 Tablet, Samsung Phone
How to find duplicate covers

I have many books with the same cover. Many of these are generated by Calibre I think. They are all the same except for the title. I also have many books with the same cover from Microsoft Word. And there are a few others. See two examples in attachment.

I would like to delete these covers and search for more meaningful covers.

How can I do this?

Thanks
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Clipboard Image (1).jpg
Views:	156
Size:	25.7 KB
ID:	176186   Click image for larger version

Name:	Clipboard Image.jpg
Views:	150
Size:	61.3 KB
ID:	176187  
MarcDS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2020, 06:13 AM   #2
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
@MarcDS where did these books come from?
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2020, 12:08 AM   #3
MarcDS
Enthusiast
MarcDS knows who John Galt is.MarcDS knows who John Galt is.MarcDS knows who John Galt is.MarcDS knows who John Galt is.MarcDS knows who John Galt is.MarcDS knows who John Galt is.MarcDS knows who John Galt is.MarcDS knows who John Galt is.MarcDS knows who John Galt is.MarcDS knows who John Galt is.MarcDS knows who John Galt is.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post
@MarcDS where did these books come from?
Bought online. Some from Google Books. Most from vendors who sell ebooks in bulk.
Old 01-07-2020, 12:10 AM   #4
MarcDS
Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarcDS View Post
I have many books with the same cover. Many of these are generated by Calibre I think. They are all the same except for the title. I also have many books with the same cover from Microsoft Word. And there are a few others. See two examples in attachment.

I would like to delete these covers and search for more meaningful covers.

How can I do this?

Thanks
I found a solution. I used photo duplicate finders on the Calibre folder and deleted all duplicate covers with these tools. I am now searching for more meaningful covers using Calibre

Tags
cover, duplicate