Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Devices

Notices

Old 07-14-2018, 04:34 AM   #1
wildhoney66
Zealot
wildhoney66 can self-interpret dreams as they happen.wildhoney66 can self-interpret dreams as they happen.wildhoney66 can self-interpret dreams as they happen.wildhoney66 can self-interpret dreams as they happen.wildhoney66 can self-interpret dreams as they happen.wildhoney66 can self-interpret dreams as they happen.wildhoney66 can self-interpret dreams as they happen.wildhoney66 can self-interpret dreams as they happen.wildhoney66 can self-interpret dreams as they happen.wildhoney66 can self-interpret dreams as they happen.wildhoney66 can self-interpret dreams as they happen.

Device: Amazon Fire HD 10
Talking New Computer - I've got a Question

i got a new computer on Monday and my old one gave up on me early last week. it was time to get a new one anyways. my question is simply this, i downloaded this again cause i like to use it for my kindle of course. but all my books are on my old computer and i have #189 books counting the comic books

i also put on there. well here is the thing, i read Pet Sematary recently and i've finished with it i didn't get a chance to take it off cause my computer shut down on me. hence why i bought a new one this past Monday. so i had to download the program again to put on my new computer.

well it's empty with the exception of one book and that makes sense since this is a new computer. but i want to take stuff off my kindle and it has a trash to trash the book but it don't do anything at all cause i reboot my kindle and it's back on. my question is simply this how in the world can i take

anything off my kindle ? at some point i hope to read all the stuff i have on their now. but if that does happen how will i take any of it off?

and Can i? if i can't that i think should be in an update don't you think?
wildhoney66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2018, 05:01 AM   #2
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Do you still have the old computer? Remove the Hard drive and install it in a USB case (Assumes the HD was not making nasty noises or failed electrically) or a 'transfer adapter' .

Simply copy the OLD Library folder over to the new Computer (Do NOT overwrite a non-empty Library), giving the Library folder a New name (the folder name is the Library name). Then right-cick the Library Icon in Calibre: Switch/Create: USE EXISTING: <point to the new folder>
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-14-2018, 05:59 AM   #3
wildhoney66
Zealot
wildhoney66 can self-interpret dreams as they happen.wildhoney66 can self-interpret dreams as they happen.wildhoney66 can self-interpret dreams as they happen.wildhoney66 can self-interpret dreams as they happen.wildhoney66 can self-interpret dreams as they happen.wildhoney66 can self-interpret dreams as they happen.wildhoney66 can self-interpret dreams as they happen.wildhoney66 can self-interpret dreams as they happen.wildhoney66 can self-interpret dreams as they happen.wildhoney66 can self-interpret dreams as they happen.wildhoney66 can self-interpret dreams as they happen.

i think what went wrong with it was the power supply gave out actually and yes i still have the tower. i'm what i call computer stupid and with my ADD what's a USB case? what's really funny is we took it to best buys actually and the guy working there said oh i know what's wrong it's this cord cause it go bent. well we were able to straighten that out but

what do you know had he actually looked at the tower itself he may have seen it was the power supply. yes i could have just bought a new one but i needed a new one anyways. is there a video on you tube to show me on how to do this?
Old 07-14-2018, 10:08 AM   #4
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
It is a case that is used to turn an internal drive into a external (more portable?) drive. Something like this https://www.amazon.com/Sabrent-Exter...hard+disk+case

The only other question is PATA (wide, flat cable. also called IDE) or SATA (narrow cable)
Since you said 'Tower' You most likely have a 3.5" drive (2.5" are in Laptops and some rack servers).

The adapter is for more temporary use, like cloning or transferring contents.
This one works with many interfaces:
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01NAUIA6G...d-0d6a86c107a2

You don't have a neighborhood nerd kid handy? I am not a Worst Buy fan, but then I have options (and do this kind of stuff myself)
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2018, 02:30 AM   #5
wildhoney66
Zealot

honestly i have no idea
Advert