Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 04-13-2018, 10:55 PM   #541
Cootey
Absentminded Reader
Cootey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cootey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cootey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cootey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cootey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cootey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cootey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cootey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cootey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cootey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cootey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Mini, Clara HD, Elipsa; Kindle Paperwhite 3 & 4; iOS eReader apps
Quote:
Originally Posted by aikidoka View Post
Finally, I took the small magnet from my tattered old case and cut a small piece of it's faux leather, then attached them onto the bookbook case using some double tape, to make it auto sleep/wake the eReader.
👏🏻👏🏻👏🏻 That should do the trick!
Cootey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2018, 03:11 AM   #542
Cootey
Absentminded Reader
Cootey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cootey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cootey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cootey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cootey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cootey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cootey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cootey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cootey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cootey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cootey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jackie_w View Post
I'm in the UK and bought the 'Starry Night' version of this Moko case from AmazonUK. It fits perfectly. The magnetic closure works perfectly and the sleep magnet on/off works perfectly.

However, the first one Moko sent me was faulty. The Sleep function was fine but the magnetic closure magnet must have been inserted upside-down or something because the front cover repelled rather than attracted. I needn't have worried, though, because Moko sent me a replacement within 24-hours of contacting them. They didn't even want the faulty one returned.
The Starry Night & Lucky Tree covers are available again. So aren't the blue and black slim covers. I have a blue one. Unlike my other Moko covers, it was initially a hair too tight to bend back all the way, but it's loosened up now.
Advert
Old 04-14-2018, 03:38 AM   #543
gmw
cacoethes scribendi
gmw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gmw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gmw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gmw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gmw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gmw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gmw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gmw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gmw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gmw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gmw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura One & H2Ov2, Sony PRS-650
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cootey View Post
The Starry Night & Lucky Tree covers are available again. So aren't the blue and black slim covers. I have a blue one. Unlike my other Moko covers, it was initially a hair too tight to bend back all the way, but it's loosened up now.
Hmm... there might be a slight problem with their advertising...
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	clip01.jpg
Views:	408
Size:	44.3 KB
ID:	163478  
gmw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2018, 09:18 AM   #544
issybird
o saeclum infacetum
issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: H2O, Aura One, PW5
Quote:
Originally Posted by gmw View Post
Hah! Well spotted.
issybird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2018, 03:03 PM   #545
Cootey
Absentminded Reader

Quote:
Originally Posted by gmw View Post
Haha 😄 That’s a common problem on Amazon. It’s Kindle Kindle Kindle everywhere.
Advert
Old 09-15-2018, 05:28 PM   #546
Thra11
Thra11 began at the beginning.

Device: none
I bought a "Shell smart case cover stand" from Forefront cases. I saw a few posts mentioning Forefront, but no details about this case, so I thought I would review a few key points in case anyone is interested.

I didn't go for the one that folds into a stand, because I don't think I'd actually use it as a stand and I was concerned that the folds might make it harder to open (e.g. I lift the bottom edge with my thumb and instead of flipping open it just folds the corner of the case)
  • Sleep function works (make sure you've got whichever firmware update fixed it. It was a while ago, but a brand new aura one fresh out of the box might be on an older version, so remember to update before getting upset that the sleep function doesn't work)
  • The eReader is held by the sides of the case. It's easy enough to remove if you flex the case. Otherwise, it seems to be fairly firmly held as long as you don't shake the case violently enough that it flexes. I don't think it would fall out in normal use.
  • Folding the case back on itself doesn't trigger the sleep function. There appears to be a small area of a different material in the back of the case, underneath where the sleep sensor is, so I assume this is some sort of ferromagnetic patch to shield the sensor from the magnet when you fold the case back on itself.
  • The power button is accessible via a hole in the back of the case.
  • The case closes easily ('hinge' doesn't wobble, magnets line up) and seems like it should stay closed and asleep if carried in a bag.
  • The Kobo aura one can respond to touches through the cover during the period between the sensor detecting the magnet and the device going to sleep, so if for example, you press the cover closed with a thumb or finger, you may find that it advances a page or two.
I'm generally very pleased with the case so far. It fits well, looks smart, and is functional.
Thra11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2018, 06:55 PM   #547
LDB
Baker Street Irregular
LDB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LDB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LDB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LDB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LDB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LDB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LDB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LDB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LDB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LDB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LDB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Oasis 3, PaperWhite 5, Aura One, Glowlight Plus, Scribe, Sage
I ordered one that is an easel stand very similar to one I had for a previous Kindle. For some reason the black was free shipping and all other colors were free shipping over $25. I went with black.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...0?ie=UTF8&th=1
LDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2018, 09:39 PM   #548
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo:Touch,Glo, AuraH2O, GloHD,AuraONE, ClaraHD, Libra H2O; tolinoepos
Quote:
Originally Posted by LDB View Post
I ordered one that is an easel stand very similar to one I had for a previous Kindle. For some reason the black was free shipping and all other colors were free shipping over $25. I went with black.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...0?ie=UTF8&th=1
That looks very similar to the official Kobo cover.

But, the thing I noticed is that someone has a very strange device. It looks like a Kobo - logo, power button, the light sensor. But, it looks like it is running tolino firmware - the page number and bookmark indicator on the top-right.
davidfor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2018, 08:35 PM   #549
LDB
Baker Street Irregular
LDB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LDB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LDB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LDB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LDB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LDB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LDB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LDB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LDB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LDB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LDB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Ok, so the one I bought a couple of posts up is great as an easel and as a closed up protective case but a total failure as an opened book with the cover folded back to lay flat on a table. The magnet causes it to go back to sleep so you can't read it laying flat on the table unless the cover is open off to the side. I've just ordered another to try out. We'll see.
Old 10-04-2018, 12:20 AM   #550
dordale
Wizard
dordale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dordale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dordale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dordale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dordale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dordale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dordale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dordale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dordale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dordale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dordale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-650 & 350; Kindle Voyage; Kobo Aura HD, Aura One, and Forma
Quote:
Originally Posted by LDB View Post
Ok, so the one I bought a couple of posts up is great as an easel and as a closed up protective case but a total failure as an opened book with the cover folded back to lay flat on a table. The magnet causes it to go back to sleep so you can't read it laying flat on the table unless the cover is open off to the side. I've just ordered another to try out. We'll see.
I bought a "book style" case from the same company-kwmobile:
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B072X7WG6G...ing=UTF8&psc=1
It had the same problem--when I folded the cover back in my normal reading position the sleep magnet would activate and turn the reader off. Otherwise I really liked the cover. I was able to solve the problem by putting a cheap thin piece of magnetic shielding between my reader back and the case:

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Hipernom-8-...item2a8f135e6e

Completely solved the problem and now I really like my kwmobile case. I realize this is something I shouldn't have had to do, but it does work.
dordale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2018, 04:39 PM   #551
LDB
Baker Street Irregular

I ordered another case from a different manufacturer. If I don’t like it or it has the same problem I’ll have to order this. Thanks for letting me know about it.
Old 04-17-2019, 08:25 AM   #552
JeanPierre
Zealot
JeanPierre ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JeanPierre ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JeanPierre ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JeanPierre ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JeanPierre ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JeanPierre ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JeanPierre ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JeanPierre ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JeanPierre ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JeanPierre ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JeanPierre ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura One
I had been looking for a real leather case for my Aura ONE for a while, and last week decided to once again try to find something to my satisfaction.

I just received one of these from Noreve and it's lovely. It's also going for a 30% reduction in price at the moment, so may be of interest to other Aura ONE owners in this forum.
JeanPierre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2019, 12:27 PM   #553
ps67
Guru
ps67 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ps67 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ps67 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ps67 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ps67 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ps67 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ps67 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ps67 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ps67 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ps67 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ps67 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite, Kobo Elipsa, Pocketbook Color PB633, Inkpad Color
I bought this cover together with my Kobo Aura One in July 2018:

https://www.amazon.it/gp/product/B07...?ie=UTF8&psc=1

I am satisfied, it's nice and resistant.

Last edited by ps67; 04-19-2019 at 09:41 AM.
ps67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2019, 04:04 PM   #554
Gibbo
Guru
Gibbo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gibbo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gibbo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gibbo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gibbo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gibbo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gibbo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gibbo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gibbo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gibbo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gibbo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Galaxy Tab A (2019) - iPhone 11 - KA1 - Onyx Boox Nova Pro
I have this one but has no sleep function, is it possible to modify it adding small magnets?

https://www.amazon.co.uk/kwmobile-Co...y&sr=8-39&th=1

Last edited by Gibbo; 09-24-2019 at 04:10 PM.
Gibbo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2019, 04:13 PM   #555
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gibbo View Post
I have this one but has no sleep function, is it possible to modify it adding small magnets?

https://www.amazon.co.uk/kwmobile-Co...y&sr=8-39&th=1
It may not be possible given where the magnets have to go and where the Kobo sits when it's in stand mode.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote