Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Plugins

Notices

Old 11-06-2016, 07:14 AM   #1201
PeterT
Grand Sorcerer
PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Clara, Touch, Tolino EPOS
No issues with the Aura One
PeterT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2016, 08:31 AM   #1202
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo:Touch,Glo, AuraH2O, GloHD,AuraONE, ClaraHD, Libra H2O; tolinoepos
Quote:
Originally Posted by p1r473 View Post
Other than losing this feature, the Aura One is fully supported with this plugin?
I am thinking of upgrading from my Glo HD today.
That option stopped working so long ago, that it doesn't matter. But, as with the extended driver, there is nothing that is device dependent that doesn't get covered by the support in the KoboTouch driver.
davidfor is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-22-2016, 05:20 PM   #1203
Lucas Malor
Pain in the arse
Lucas Malor will give the Devil his due.Lucas Malor will give the Devil his due.Lucas Malor will give the Devil his due.Lucas Malor will give the Devil his due.Lucas Malor will give the Devil his due.Lucas Malor will give the Devil his due.Lucas Malor will give the Devil his due.Lucas Malor will give the Devil his due.Lucas Malor will give the Devil his due.Lucas Malor will give the Devil his due.Lucas Malor will give the Devil his due.

Device: Kobo Aura One, Kindle 4
Where are db backups located?
Lucas Malor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2016, 05:32 PM   #1204
PeterT
Grand Sorcerer
PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Clara, Touch, Tolino EPOS
Wherever you select for the location in the plugin configuration. I have no idea what the default is.
PeterT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2016, 05:33 PM   #1205
jackie_w
Grand Sorcerer
jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo: KA1, ClaraHD, Forma, Libra2, Clara2E. PocketBook: TouchHD3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucas Malor View Post
Where are db backups located?
Wherever you told the plugin to store them in
Customize Plugin - Devices tab - Device Database Backup section - Destination:
jackie_w is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-22-2016, 05:38 PM   #1206
Lucas Malor
Pain in the arse
Lucas Malor will give the Devil his due.Lucas Malor will give the Devil his due.Lucas Malor will give the Devil his due.Lucas Malor will give the Devil his due.Lucas Malor will give the Devil his due.Lucas Malor will give the Devil his due.Lucas Malor will give the Devil his due.Lucas Malor will give the Devil his due.Lucas Malor will give the Devil his due.Lucas Malor will give the Devil his due.Lucas Malor will give the Devil his due.

Destination was blank. So there's no backup?
Old 11-22-2016, 05:51 PM   #1207
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Destination was blank. So there's no backup?
Yes, that is correct. If you haven't configured the backup option, then the backup is not attempted.

And no, there is absolutely no way I am going to code in a default and guess where it should go.
Old 11-22-2016, 05:58 PM   #1208
Lucas Malor
Pain in the arse

... Calibre Library is not an option?
Old 11-22-2016, 06:05 PM   #1209
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:
... Calibre Library is not an option?
Why would you want to keep your Kobo backups in your Calibre Library? Besides, if you did the library checking, Calibre would complain about the extra files.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2016, 12:28 AM   #1210
dbareis
dbareis began at the beginning.

Device: Android
I haven't got a KOBO yet but I'm wondering how much of what I want is possible, I'll probably buy the Kobo Aura One because of the nice sized screen etc. I currently use FB READER on Android but have also used other readers, none make it very easy to determine which books have been read and which I should read next (choose from unread only and only next unread in a series).
  1. I want ratings etc to sync with GoodReads (there is another plugin for this). Custom rating Column for Calibre?
  2. I want to be able to easily browser for books I haven't read on the Kobo.
  3. I want to be able to easily work out which is the next book in a series I should be reading.
  4. I want to be able to rate books on the kobo and move to shelves and sync to Calibre as well as Goodreads.
  5. Preferably changes in any of Calibre, GoodReads or Kobo will sync to the rest.

Thanks for any helpful suggestions/tips etc.

Last edited by dbareis; 11-23-2016 at 12:32 AM.
dbareis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2016, 12:46 AM   #1211
Terisa de morgan
Grand Sorcerer
Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Clara/Aura One/Forma,XiaoMI 5, iPad, Huawei MediaPad, YotaPhone 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by dbareis View Post
I haven't got a KOBO yet but I'm wondering how much of what I want is possible, I'll probably buy the Kobo Aura One because of the nice sized screen etc. I currently use FB READER on Android but have also used other readers, none make it very easy to determine which books have been read and which I should read next (choose from unread only and only next unread in a series).
  1. I want ratings etc to sync with GoodReads (there is another plugin for this). Custom rating Column for Calibre?
  3. I want to be able to easily work out which is the next book in a series I should be reading.
  4. I want to be able to rate books on the kobo and move to shelves and sync to Calibre as well as Goodreads.
  5. Preferably changes in any of Calibre, GoodReads or Kobo will sync to the rest.

1. Custom Rating or as you define in the configuration
  2. If you have a lot of books is a lot of navigation... but you can select non read books
  3. In the new FW releases you cannot rate sideloaded books, you can add to collections that the driver won't remove, but the collections won't go back to calibre. But, if you have the rating in calibre, of course you can send it to goodreads
  4. Changes in Kobo won't go back to calibre

Last edited by Terisa de morgan; 11-23-2016 at 12:46 AM. Reason: Typo
Terisa de morgan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2016, 06:22 PM   #1212
Lucas Malor
Pain in the arse

Doesn't work on Linux:

PHP Code:
global name 'WindowsError' is not defined

Traceback 
(most recent call last):

File "site-packages/calibre/gui2/device.py"line 88in run
  File 
"calibre_plugins.koboutilities.jobs"line 223in do_device_database_backup
  File 
"calibre_plugins.koboutilities.jobs"line 155in backup_file
NameError
: global name 'WindowsError' is not defined 
This should work:

PHP Code:
try :

WindowsError
except NameError
:
  class 
WindowsError(OSError): pass 

Last edited by Lucas Malor; 11-23-2016 at 06:25 PM.
Old 11-24-2016, 04:23 AM   #1213
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Doesn't work on Linux:

PHP Code:
global name 'WindowsError' is not defined

Traceback 
(most recent call last):

File "site-packages/calibre/gui2/device.py"line 88in run
  File 
"calibre_plugins.koboutilities.jobs"line 223in do_device_database_backup
  File 
"calibre_plugins.koboutilities.jobs"line 155in backup_file
NameError
: global name 'WindowsError' is not defined 
This should work:

PHP Code:
try :

WindowsError
except NameError
:
  class 
WindowsError(OSError): pass 
Yes, that's an error and I need to work out what exception class should be there. But, what did you do to trigger it? That code has been there for a very long time. I haven't seen the error on my Linux box at work and I haven't seen anyone else report it.
Old 11-24-2016, 04:53 AM   #1214
Lucas Malor
Pain in the arse

I just launched Calibre with Kobo attached. I choose to backup the db every time I attach the Kobo in settings.
Old 11-24-2016, 05:01 AM   #1215
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Originally Posted by dbareis View Post

Terisa has largely answered this, but I feel like putting in my 2 cents worth.
  1. As you said, there is another plugin to do this. The ratings column is configurable.
  2. On the device, the book list has several filters. For the reading status, they are "Unread", "Reading" and "Finished".
  3. The Kobo devices display the series information. This can be populated from calibre.
  4. Rating on the device is only done for books purchased from Kobo. Older firmware did allow this, but you won't be able to run that on an Aura ONE. This rating can be synced to calibre and hence Goodreads.
  5. It depends on the change. You need to look at what the change might be and then the plugins involved to decide.

Tags
kobo, kobo utilities