Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > PocketBook

Notices

Old 10-19-2018, 04:55 AM   #1
lorenzoferro
lorenzoferro began at the beginning.

Device: kobo mini
pocketbook inkpad 3 - last firmware browser

Hello, I would like to buy a inkpad 3 .. one great doubt: how is user experience with built-in browser ? Any way to gets feeds (rss atom) on this ?

I heard of the possibility to install apps, is it right ? Do you have any experience of this ? thanks. Lorenzo.
lorenzoferro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2018, 07:23 AM   #2
Michal Jancik
Sorry for my English
Michal Jancik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Michal Jancik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Michal Jancik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Michal Jancik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Michal Jancik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Michal Jancik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Michal Jancik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Michal Jancik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Michal Jancik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Michal Jancik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Michal Jancik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: KOBO H2O,Inkpad 4,ONYX Leaf 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by lorenzoferro View Post
Hello, I would like to buy a inkpad 3 .. one great doubt: how is user experience with built-in browser ? Any way to gets feeds (rss atom) on this ?

I heard of the possibility to install apps, is it right ? Do you have any experience of this ? thanks. Lorenzo.
1 ) Yes. You could add and read RSS. Works well.
2) Browser ? Browser Internet ? He is not top ;-(
# You have to deactivate javascript and display images to gain a little reactivity.
Michal Jancik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2018, 11:25 AM   #3
mobama
Evangelist
mobama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mobama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mobama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mobama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mobama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mobama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mobama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mobama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mobama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mobama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mobama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Inkpad 3, Onyx T76ML, Kobo H2O Edition 1, Kobo Mini
Quote:
Originally Posted by lorenzoferro View Post
On Pocketbooks, it is possible to install apps that have been specifically built for it. A few that are available on this forum, include Coolreader, Koreader, and Vlasovsoft suite.
mobama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2018, 10:43 AM   #4
lorenzoferro
lorenzoferro began at the beginning.

Device: kobo mini
Quote:
Originally Posted by mobama View Post
On Pocketbooks, it is possible to install apps that have been specifically built for it. A few that are available on this forum, include Coolreader, Koreader, and Vlasovsoft suite.
thank you for all your replies... I figured I could install .apk, but this seem not possibile... thanks you so much.
lorenzoferro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2018, 03:30 AM   #5
mobama
Evangelist
mobama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mobama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mobama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mobama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mobama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mobama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mobama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mobama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mobama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mobama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mobama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Inkpad 3, Onyx T76ML, Kobo H2O Edition 1, Kobo Mini
No way to install Android apk's on Pocketbook. There are a few other apps though available on this forum directly made for Pocketbook.

Browser situation on eink devices is pretty bad. The best browser in my opinion is found on Android eink devices such as Onyx, but even there it's not too good.
mobama is offline   Reply With Quote