Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Plugins

Notices

Old 11-25-2017, 09:35 AM   #1441
stanlefor
Connoisseur
stanlefor can self-interpret dreams as they happen.stanlefor can self-interpret dreams as they happen.stanlefor can self-interpret dreams as they happen.stanlefor can self-interpret dreams as they happen.stanlefor can self-interpret dreams as they happen.stanlefor can self-interpret dreams as they happen.stanlefor can self-interpret dreams as they happen.stanlefor can self-interpret dreams as they happen.stanlefor can self-interpret dreams as they happen.stanlefor can self-interpret dreams as they happen.stanlefor can self-interpret dreams as they happen.

Device: kobo touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by davidfor View Post
That means there is a corruption in the database. But, you can recover from that one. You need to rebuild the index. If you get an SQLite management tool, reindex. Some of the tools have an options to do it. Otherwise, you need to run the statement:
Code:
REINDEX sqlite_autoindex_Activity_1
You can do this with SQLiteSpy, SQLite Database Browser or any of the others.
Hi,
I'm trying to do that but a got the message:
UNIQUE constraint failed: Activity.Id, Activity.Type: reindex sqlite_autoindex_Activity_1

Errors are some
row 26 missing from index sqlite_autoindex_Activity_1
And at the end
wrong # of entries in index sqlite_autoindex_Activity_1

Any clue?
Thanks

------------------------------
Ok, fixed all that, but I still got

Page 258 is never used
Page 259 is never used
Page 260 is never used

Help plz

Last edited by stanlefor; 11-25-2017 at 09:54 AM.
stanlefor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2017, 05:42 PM   #1442
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo:Touch,Glo, AuraH2O, GloHD,AuraONE, ClaraHD, Libra H2O; tolinoepos
Quote:
Originally Posted by stanlefor View Post
Hi,
I'm trying to do that but a got the message:
UNIQUE constraint failed: Activity.Id, Activity.Type: reindex sqlite_autoindex_Activity_1

Errors are some
row 26 missing from index sqlite_autoindex_Activity_1
And at the end
wrong # of entries in index sqlite_autoindex_Activity_1

Any clue?
Thanks

------------------------------
Ok, fixed all that, but I still got
How did you fix the above?
Quote:
Page 258 is never used
Page 259 is never used
Page 260 is never used

Help plz
Do a compress of the database. That exports and reimports the data and should fix problems like these. It will also fix the issues with indexes.
davidfor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2017, 07:37 AM   #1443
stanlefor
Connoisseur
stanlefor can self-interpret dreams as they happen.stanlefor can self-interpret dreams as they happen.stanlefor can self-interpret dreams as they happen.stanlefor can self-interpret dreams as they happen.stanlefor can self-interpret dreams as they happen.stanlefor can self-interpret dreams as they happen.stanlefor can self-interpret dreams as they happen.stanlefor can self-interpret dreams as they happen.stanlefor can self-interpret dreams as they happen.stanlefor can self-interpret dreams as they happen.stanlefor can self-interpret dreams as they happen.

Device: kobo touch
You're the boss...
stanlefor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2018, 10:29 AM   #1444
jiembe
Zealot
jiembe began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Glo; Kobo Libra
Metadata update

Since not long, there's a problem with the metadata update. I didn't give attention to the other metadata info but the serial's update act only temporarily. I see the serial's change in my Kobo Glo but after a few time the serial name revert to the previous serial name.
jiembe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2018, 11:18 AM   #1445
milady133
Groupie
milady133 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.milady133 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.milady133 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.milady133 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.milady133 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.milady133 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.milady133 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.milady133 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.milady133 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.milady133 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.milady133 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Forma, Hisense A5
Quote:
Originally Posted by jiembe View Post
Since not long, there's a problem with the metadata update. I didn't give attention to the other metadata info but the serial's update act only temporarily. I see the serial's change in my Kobo Glo but after a few time the serial name revert to the previous serial name.
Is it a sideloaded book or did you bought it and is a book from Kobo store? It could be that Kobo has another information for series and if the book is from the store, it gets update each time you synchronize with kobo server.
milady133 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2018, 08:24 AM   #1446
jiembe
Zealot

Sideloaded books I edit to change it to kobo.epub like all my other books. I make another serial change 2 days ago after I sent my message. Yesterday the change stand. But after receiving your post this morning, I check again and, yes, it revert to the previous serial name! And no I didn't synchronize my Kobo Glo since one week ago.

Like I said, I didn't have this problem previously. I don't remember if this problem happened before the last Kobo software update.
Old 01-19-2018, 11:46 PM   #1447
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Sideloaded books I edit to change it to kobo.epub like all my other books. I make another serial change 2 days ago after I sent my message. Yesterday the change stand. But after receiving your post this morning, I check again and, yes, it revert to the previous serial name! And no I didn't synchronize my Kobo Glo since one week ago.

Like I said, I didn't have this problem previously. I don't remember if this problem happened before the last Kobo software update.
There are two ways to populate the series info on the Kobo devices. One is through the Metadata Update option of this plugin. The other is for the driver to do it automatically. There is a third, but that is only for books purchase from Kobo and synced. But, as you are only using sideloaded books, this isn't important.

The update via the plugin is only on demand. You select the books and run the function. That means the books have to be on the device and imported into the database.

The driver, if configured appropriately, will check and set the series info each time the device is connected. It will also do it after sending books to the device or deleting them. The intention of this is to make sure the series info is always correct. Plus, it was added to the driver before the Kobo Utilities plugin was created.

But, both methods get the series info from exactly the same place. The both use the standard series name and index in the calibre library. There are no options to use anything else.

What this means is that unless you changed the series details in your calibre library between connections, or running the metadata update, there is something else going on. Connecting to another calibre library with the same books but different series info would cause this.

Unfortunately, a corrupt database could also be the cause. Especially if you saw this problem after powering off the device. If the database is corrupt, then the firmware cannot update it properly. When the device needs to reread the database, such as when it is restarted, it will get old values. If this is the case, I would expect an error to be displayed by calibre when accessing the device. Whether it does, depends on the exact problem with the database, but I would expect it happen in this case. In any case, I would recommend running the database check routine in the plugin to see.

Other than this, I'm not sure what to suggest. I'd usually ask for a debug log, but if it isn't happening consistently, it would mean you need to run calibre in debug mode until it happens again. If you do, I'd like to see a log from when you update the series info and when the series info reverts.
Old 01-20-2018, 10:46 AM   #1448
jiembe
Zealot

The database check found nothing wrong.

I have this problem with only one collection I think. For solution I used what I did with the other books of that collection: delete the book in Kobo and load it back. In the cases which had problem, the serial name didn't concur with the collection name (which they do previously) while for the other books they're still the same: it differentiates French version from English version in the same collection. I can live with the problem! It was just annoying.

Now I have another problem: a kobo book which give always a reading progression of 99%. Can't find what I did wrong in the css or the html.
Old 01-20-2018, 11:45 PM   #1449
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
The database check found nothing wrong.
Good.
Quote:
I have this problem with only one collection I think. For solution I used what I did with the other books of that collection: delete the book in Kobo and load it back. In the cases which had problem, the serial name didn't concur with the collection name (which they do previously) while for the other books they're still the same: it differentiates French version from English version in the same collection. I can live with the problem! It was just annoying.
I'm confused. Have you been talking about the series information displayed on the device, or a collection? A collection that is named after the series.

If you are talking about a collection, then that has nothing to do with this plugin. The KoboTouch driver is the only thing that manages collections on the device.
Quote:
Now I have another problem: a kobo book which give always a reading progression of 99%. Can't find what I did wrong in the css or the html.
There are two possibilities I can think of. Firstly, some bad code in the book. I would suggest opening it in the calibre editor and running the check errors function. CSS related errors won't be a problem, but the others might, so I suggest fixing them.

The other cause is replacing a book after changing the internal structure. When the Kobo device first sees a book, it imports details from it into the internal database. This includes the ToC and elements of the file structure. If you change the ToC or structure and replace the book on the device using calibre, the book isn't reprocessed, and the database isn't updated to the new structure. This can cause problems like you are seeing. If this is the case, the answer is to remove the book and send it again.
Old 01-21-2018, 10:34 AM   #1450
jiembe
Zealot

Sorry for the confusion between series and collection (between french and English). By collection I mean a folder in Kobo to regroup books which can be from one or more series. So when I modify the metadata from KoboUtilities I change the series' name. Right? In the problematic cases, the books I was trying to modify the serial name had first a serial name which was the same as the collection's name. Those were the one which revert to the previous series' (collection's ) name.

As for my edition problem I'm editing a book step by step until I find what I'm doing wrong in the last days.

But it is a tedious process since we can only verify the result in the Kobo which mean loading and unloading with a reboot between since without that reboot the book is not displayed properly.
Old 01-21-2018, 02:33 PM   #1451
DNSB
Bibliophagist
DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage, Forma, Clara HD, Lenovo M8 FHD, Paperwhite 4, Tolino epos
Quote:
Sorry for the confusion between series and collection (between french and English). By collection I mean a folder in Kobo to regroup books which can be from one or more series. So when I modify the metadata from KoboUtilities I change the series' name. Right? In the problematic cases, the books I was trying to modify the serial name had first a serial name which was the same as the collection's name. Those were the one which revert to the previous series' (collection's ) name.

As for my edition problem I'm editing a book step by step until I find what I'm doing wrong in the last days.

But it is a tedious process since we can only verify the result in the Kobo which mean loading and unloading with a reboot between since without that reboot the book is not displayed properly.
You should be able to delete the book from the device before sending the edited copy which should be faster than sending and rebooting.
DNSB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2018, 08:56 PM   #1452
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Alright, you have me on what you are trying to do. Or, at least I hope so, as what I think you are doing doesn't sound like a good idea.

Firstly, the update metadata function in the Kobo Utilities plugin has absolutely no effect on collections. What this does is set the series information shown in the book lists. This is also searched when looking for books. I keep hoping that Kobo will create a series list, but they don't seem to want to.

For collections, everything is done by the driver. The guide in https://wiki.mobileread.com/wiki/Kob...nd_Collections shows what the configuration is. If you configure it properly, the collections are changed when you plug the device in and calibre sees it. Absolutely nothing you can do with the Kobo Utilities plugin will affect this.

In the guide above, "series" is used as an example. What will happen is that when you connect the device, it will create collections for all values in the series column for which the books are on the device. It will then add the books to those collections. And if a series name has changed, then the book will be removed from the old collection and added to the collection for the new name.

What that means is that if you have the collections on the device and then change the series name for a book, the next time that calibre sees the device, it will remove the book from one collection and add it to another.

Now, what you describe makes me think you are trying to use the series column for something other than the series a book is in. It sounds like you are trying to use it for some sort of reading list. If so, I would recommend not doing this. Create another column in calibre for this. Put values in it for the collection you want the book to appear in. Then configure the driver to use this column to create collections. Whether you use the series column as well, depends on whether that fits your usage.

Quote:

What are you rebooting? If you are resending a book to the device from calibre, you should just be able to open it again. For the problem you reported, you probably want to delete the book first, and it won't matter whether you do it from the device or calibre. But I can't think of any reason to restart the device or anything else.
Old 01-22-2018, 07:22 AM   #1453
compurandom
Guru
compurandom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.compurandom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.compurandom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.compurandom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.compurandom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.compurandom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.compurandom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.compurandom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.compurandom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.compurandom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.compurandom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kobo aura h2o, kobo forma
If I understood correctly, he's rebooting the device because the series (collection?) changes across a reboot. Obviously, it shouldn't.
compurandom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2018, 10:56 AM   #1454
jiembe
Zealot

When I load a book in my Kobo Glo many time the display of the book don't correspond with the stylesheet. I have to reboot the Kobo to get all the real styles applied. I don't know why.

I don't confuse "Collection" in the Kobo and "series" in Calibre. The Kobo Collection is a collection of books (a shelf) under one collection's name. The books in the Collection can have or not a series' name. The Collection can also regroup books with different series' names. The correspondence between Calibre and Kobo is not the Collection (which in a way is similar to the Calibre's virtual library) but in the series' name. I want them to be the same.

The problem occurs when I change the Series' name in Calibre and use KoboUtilities to modify the series' name in the Kobo (nothing to do with the Collection). The series' name is change in my Kobo but for a time only before it revert to the previous name. This is a new problem. I used the metadata update for years without problem.
Old 01-22-2018, 10:44 PM   #1455
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Originally Posted by compurandom View Post
If I understood correctly, he's rebooting the device because the series (collection?) changes across a reboot. Obviously, it shouldn't.
When the driver does the collection management, it happens immediately. There is no need to reboot the device. And if the collections do change when the device is rebooted, it is sign of a problem with the database.

Tags
kobo, kobo utilities