Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Plugins

Notices

Old 12-06-2014, 09:01 AM   #721
PeterT
Grand Sorcerer
PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Clara, Touch, Tolino EPOS
Hmmm... I wonder.... maybe borrow code from the "Reading List" plugin? Just a WAG...
PeterT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2014, 07:14 PM   #722
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo:Touch,Glo, AuraH2O, GloHD,AuraONE, ClaraHD, Libra H2O; tolinoepos
I could have sworn I finished that sentence properly. But, yes, at that point I'd already borrowed the code from Reading List and was in the process of fixing the references.
davidfor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2014, 10:04 AM   #723
PeterT
Grand Sorcerer
PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

David; I had an interesting situation today; I had 42 pages of shelves (many duplicated) and the plugin would not delete them! I ended up manually dropping using DBeaver to set _IsDeleted to true in both Shelves and ShelfContents on all shelves and doing a Sync to the cloud.

Am mailing you a database backup.
Old 12-12-2014, 06:17 PM   #724
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Peter: A first very quick look didn't show anything. I'll have a better look over the weekend.
Old 12-12-2014, 06:18 PM   #725
PeterT
Grand Sorcerer

Weird... and you'll see others having similar issues with the plugin not removing the duplicated shelves.
Old 12-12-2014, 11:39 PM   #726
PeterT
Grand Sorcerer

Just a long shot.... Normally would the creation date of each duplicate row be distinct? If you check you'll see ALL creation dates were set to "1970-01-01T00:00:00Z"...
Old 12-13-2014, 02:44 AM   #727
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer

And all the modification dates. That's why the plugin isn't working. I can use the id to differentiate the different versions of the same shelf. It won't be to hard.
Old 12-13-2014, 05:54 AM   #728
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer

Update to Kobo Utilities plugin - V1.8.5 - Fix for fixing the duplicate shelves

As discussed above and elsewhere, the shelves appear to be duplicating again. This time, the creation timestamp has been reset and that breaks the "Fix Duplicate Shelves" function. This update to the plugin fixes this function.

The only other change is to add progress bar when the the duplicate shelves are being removed.

As usual, calibre will announce the update is available in the next hour or so. If there are any problems, please report them here.
Old 12-13-2014, 06:02 AM   #729
PeterT
Grand Sorcerer

Thanks David So glad you were able to help out (as usual).
Old 12-13-2014, 01:43 PM   #730
Josieb1
Grand Sorcerer
Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Forma, Libra2, Clara 2e, Kindle PW SE & Kindle 2022
Has there been an update announced yet?
Josieb1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2014, 02:50 PM   #731
Terisa de morgan
Grand Sorcerer
Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Clara/Aura One/Forma,XiaoMI 5, iPad, Huawei MediaPad, YotaPhone 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Josieb1 View Post
I'm downloading it now.
Terisa de morgan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2014, 05:21 PM   #732
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Josieb1 View Post
Had you restarted calibre at this time? Each time calibre starts, it checks for updates to itself and any plugins in the plugin index. The server that calibre downloads the plugins from checks for updates once an hour. The first time you start calibre after the check finds an update, calibre should show a message at the bottom of the window. Clicking that will prompt you to install the updated plugins.

Did that happen?
Old 12-13-2014, 08:46 PM   #733
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer

Beta - Profiles for multiple devices

Attached is a beta of a big change for handling multiple devices. The change allows creation of a profile for each device for storing the reading status. This will allow using one library to track the reading status of devices used by different people.

The changes are in the configuration. This now has three tabs: "Profiles", "Devices" and "Other".

The "Other" tab has options that are used for all profiles and libraries. This is where you can set the function of the plugin button and the keyboard shortcut.

The "Device" tab is where the devices are defined. This lists all devices the plugin knows about. Initially, this list is empty. When you connect a device that you want to manage, go to this tab and press the "Add connected device" button. The connected device will be added to the list. The name of the device can be edited by selecting it and pressing the rename button (the yellow arrow).

The "Profiles" tab is where you define where custom columns for storing the reading status. It also has what happens when the device is connected. On this tab, you create a new profile and name it. Then select the device the profile is for, the custom columns to be used and what actions to take when the device is connected.

A profile can be created with no device, a specific device or "*Any Device". The profile for "*Any Device" is used when a device is connected that does not have its own device. If there is no profile for the device or for "*Any Device", nothing is done for the device when it is connected.

Other than this, everything is works the same as before. The configuration options within the profile are the same as before.

The translation files have been updated. There are about 20 new strings.

At this point, I have two more things to change.

Firstly, add profile selection to the store/restore dialog. This will allow you to select the profile to use when restoring the reading status to a device. Or when doing a manual store.

The other thing is that I am not sure if the firmware check and backup should be part of the profile. The profiles are library specific. At the moment, this means if you use multiple libraries, the backup options could be different for the same device in different libraries. I am considering moving this to the Devices tab. Then, I would either have the same options for all devices in all libraries, or have settings for each device but common to all libraries.

The other possibility for changes is to have a wizard or something to create the custom columns. This is something I will consider in the future, but I don't plan to do it before releasing this version.

I would very much like to hear any reports if you test this. If you find a bug, I need as much information as possible. Running calibre in debug mode and posting the logs would be great. And any suggestions to improve this will be welcome. I might not take, them, but
Attached Files
File Type: zip KoboUtilities-beta.zip (188.2 KB, 529 views)
Old 12-14-2014, 12:23 AM   #734
PeterT
Grand Sorcerer

In the configuration you might like to correct the spelling for
Code:
precentReadColumn
So far ok.. Have created 3 profiles for 3 devices' no default profile.

I'd like to see the backup and f/w check be moved so I only need to specify this once.

In the device tab, could maybe the serial # be added to the info shown. I've not yet tried with two of the same device to see what happens.
Old 12-14-2014, 02:21 AM   #735
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Originally Posted by PeterT View Post
In the configuration you might like to correct the spelling for
Code:
precentReadColumn
That's been there a long time
Quote:
So far ok.. Have created 3 profiles for 3 devices' no default profile.

I'd like to see the backup and f/w check be moved so I only need to specify this once.
Yes, it's been irritating me as well.
Quote:
In the device tab, could maybe the serial # be added to the info shown. I've not yet tried with two of the same device to see what happens.
Good idea. Until you rename one of them, they look the same.

Tags
kobo, kobo utilities