Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Everything Audiobooks > Audiobook Hardware & Software

Notices

Old 12-10-2014, 03:49 PM   #1
wawasteele
Addict
wawasteele ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wawasteele ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wawasteele ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wawasteele ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wawasteele ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wawasteele ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wawasteele ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wawasteele ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wawasteele ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wawasteele ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wawasteele ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: 1st PW, Sansa Clip Zip, Samsungs: GT 7.0 Plus, Note4, GT 4 10.1"
Android Podcast App

What's your favorite Android Podcast App? I've not done much with podcasts and have just downloaded the files of the few to which I've listened. But now I would like an podcast app that will make it easier to follow specific podcasts.
wawasteele is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2014, 01:58 AM   #2
avi1368
avi1368 can spell AND pronounce 'liseuse.'avi1368 can spell AND pronounce 'liseuse.'avi1368 can spell AND pronounce 'liseuse.'avi1368 can spell AND pronounce 'liseuse.'avi1368 can spell AND pronounce 'liseuse.'avi1368 can spell AND pronounce 'liseuse.'avi1368 can spell AND pronounce 'liseuse.'avi1368 can spell AND pronounce 'liseuse.'avi1368 can spell AND pronounce 'liseuse.'avi1368 can spell AND pronounce 'liseuse.'avi1368 can spell AND pronounce 'liseuse.'

Device: none
I'm using BeyondPod, works great. Its simple, has a lot of features and is probably one of the more popular podcast apps out there.
avi1368 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2014, 02:50 PM   #3
wawasteele
Addict
wawasteele ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wawasteele ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wawasteele ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wawasteele ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wawasteele ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wawasteele ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wawasteele ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wawasteele ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wawasteele ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wawasteele ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wawasteele ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

avi1368, wecome to MobileRead.

Thank you for your suggestion. I'l give that one a try. Karma on it's way to you.
Old 12-11-2014, 03:53 PM   #4
copyrite
Wizard
copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: ...lots! ;) mostly reading on a Kindle Voyage
I use Podcast Addict. The paid version supports variable podcast speeds - I can't listen to podcasts at a normal speed anymore!
copyrite is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2014, 04:11 PM   #5
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe
tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Moto E6, Echo Show
Quote:
Originally Posted by copyrite View Post
I use Podcast Addict. The paid version supports variable podcast speeds - I can't listen to podcasts at a normal speed anymore!
Chipmunk speed?
tubemonkey is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2014, 04:19 PM   #6
copyrite
Wizard
copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: ...lots! ;) mostly reading on a Kindle Voyage
Not quite Chipmunk speed, but when I listen at a normal playback speed I feel like they're talking s-l-o-w-l-y for my benefit (like I'm slow!).
copyrite is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2014, 04:21 PM   #7
wawasteele
Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by copyrite View Post
Thank you for the suggestion.

I'm now testing out Podcast Addict too. I like that is does variable speeds. I rarely listen to a book or podcast at normal speed, but am not up to chipmunk speeds either. BeyondPod has 1.5 speed, but that was too fast for the podcast I was testing. The variable in Podcast Addict offers more choice.
Old 12-22-2014, 09:32 AM   #8
ApK
Award-Winning Participant
ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle
My wife and I both use Podcast Addict as well. It just seemed to offer simpler podcast management than the others I tried, and was sufficiently customizable for the different ways she and I use it.
ApK is offline   Reply With Quote