Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 02-22-2023, 08:53 AM   #61
jhowell
Grand Sorcerer
jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindles
Quote:
Originally Posted by zabey View Post
Thanks this worked for some books however one particular author im trying to use the books always come out as PRC files know any way around this?
The file type is changed from PRC to the correct type on import. If that doesn’t happen the most likely cause is DRM removal failure. It is possible that the books that worked did not have DRM. Make sure that you followed step 2 of the instructions in the first post.
jhowell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2023, 08:56 AM   #62
zabey
zabey began at the beginning.

Device: Anrdroid
yes they do.
zabey is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-22-2023, 10:52 AM   #63
zabey
zabey began at the beginning.

Device: Anrdroid
Ah my mistake got it working again. Somehow after restarting my PC calibre didn't save the imported kindle key. Hence why the books I did yesterday worked fine but the ones I tried today were coming out as PRC all good. Thanks again for this work around.
zabey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2023, 11:50 AM   #64
criscros
Fulltime reader
criscros can eat soup with a fork.criscros can eat soup with a fork.criscros can eat soup with a fork.criscros can eat soup with a fork.criscros can eat soup with a fork.criscros can eat soup with a fork.criscros can eat soup with a fork.criscros can eat soup with a fork.criscros can eat soup with a fork.criscros can eat soup with a fork.criscros can eat soup with a fork.

Device: Kobo Clara
Quote:
Originally Posted by ownedbycats View Post

2. Follow these instructions to extract your Kindle key and import to Amazon.
Question about #2, are we importing to Amazon or into the DeDRM plugin??

Also, do we have to go through the entire backup process when new books are added to Kindle for Android or can we just move the prc files over and deDRM?

Works well so far, but none of my books are new so I doubt they have the newest drm.

Thanks for the instructions!!
criscros is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2023, 11:59 AM   #65
DuckieTigger
Wizard
DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Oasis 3, Oasis 2, PW3, PW1, KT
Quote:
Originally Posted by criscros View Post

Also, do we have to go through the entire backup process when new books are added to Kindle for Android or can we just move the prc files over and deDRM?

Works well so far, but none of my books are new so I doubt they have the newest drm.

Thanks for the instructions!!
Yes, that should be "import to calibre" or more specifically the plugin.

And none of the books will have the new DRM, as that version of Kindle for Android does not support KFX and hence not the new kind of DRM.
DuckieTigger is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-22-2023, 12:12 PM   #66
Rhooo
Rhooo began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Clara HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by DNSB View Post
And if you believe that more that 1 or 2 people in the world would do so, I have a bridge you might like to buy.
Add me to the list of people under the bridge. I follow quite a few series on KU, but I'm way too used to reading on KOReader, either via my Kobo or on my phone. So I de-DRM the books to read them as I like, but also "read" them in the K4PC app via an Autohotkey script that flips through the pages at a natural pace. Win-win - writers get paid and I read without having to be locked into the Amazon garden.

Last edited by Rhooo; 02-22-2023 at 12:13 PM. Reason: typo smh
Rhooo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2023, 02:06 PM   #67
Quoth
the rook, bossing Never.
Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: All 4 Kinds: epub eink, Kindle, android eink, NxtPaper11
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rhooo View Post
but also "read" them in the K4PC app via an Autohotkey script that flips through the pages at a natural pace. Win-win - writers get paid and I read without having to be locked into the Amazon garden.
You can't know that works, because Amazon's "detect the page is read" algorithm is secret.
Quoth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2023, 03:11 PM   #68
ownedbycats
Custom User Title
ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra H2O, formerly Aura HD
Quote:
Typo/brain-fart. Fixed.

Quote:
I tested with this book, which was published on February 10 and cannot be downloaded with K4PC. (It was also free at the time.)

Last edited by ownedbycats; 02-22-2023 at 03:25 PM.
ownedbycats is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2023, 04:03 PM   #69
darthyoda6
Connoisseur
darthyoda6 can talk all four legs off a donkey... then persuade it to go for a walk.darthyoda6 can talk all four legs off a donkey... then persuade it to go for a walk.darthyoda6 can talk all four legs off a donkey... then persuade it to go for a walk.darthyoda6 can talk all four legs off a donkey... then persuade it to go for a walk.darthyoda6 can talk all four legs off a donkey... then persuade it to go for a walk.darthyoda6 can talk all four legs off a donkey... then persuade it to go for a walk.darthyoda6 can talk all four legs off a donkey... then persuade it to go for a walk.darthyoda6 can talk all four legs off a donkey... then persuade it to go for a walk.darthyoda6 can talk all four legs off a donkey... then persuade it to go for a walk.darthyoda6 can talk all four legs off a donkey... then persuade it to go for a walk.darthyoda6 can talk all four legs off a donkey... then persuade it to go for a walk.

Device: Kobo Clara HD, Kindle Paperwhite 10th Gen, Kindle 7th Gen
It took a while, but finally got it working with Bluestacks. It seems to have worked with a KU borrow, which I already read on my Kindle device first and was about to return.
darthyoda6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2023, 08:34 AM   #70
ottischwenk
Wizard
ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Boox 4/14, Like-/Meebook 1/8, Tolino 1/10, Kobo 0/5, Kindle 0/3
Quote:
Originally Posted by ownedbycats View Post
enable the option in its advanced settings and then use adb connect localhost:5555 or 127.0.0.1:5555)
No - use the values given there.
In one case it was 127.0.0.1:15114
On another PC it is 50984

Last edited by ottischwenk; 02-23-2023 at 09:46 AM.
ottischwenk is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2023, 11:29 AM   #71
Patitapetit
Connoisseur
Patitapetit knows how many angels can dance on the head of a pin.Patitapetit knows how many angels can dance on the head of a pin.Patitapetit knows how many angels can dance on the head of a pin.Patitapetit knows how many angels can dance on the head of a pin.Patitapetit knows how many angels can dance on the head of a pin.Patitapetit knows how many angels can dance on the head of a pin.Patitapetit knows how many angels can dance on the head of a pin.Patitapetit knows how many angels can dance on the head of a pin.Patitapetit knows how many angels can dance on the head of a pin.Patitapetit knows how many angels can dance on the head of a pin.Patitapetit knows how many angels can dance on the head of a pin.

Device: Kindle e Ink
This Thread is in Reddit Calibre
Patitapetit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2023, 11:47 AM   #72
Patitapetit
Connoisseur
Patitapetit knows how many angels can dance on the head of a pin.Patitapetit knows how many angels can dance on the head of a pin.Patitapetit knows how many angels can dance on the head of a pin.Patitapetit knows how many angels can dance on the head of a pin.Patitapetit knows how many angels can dance on the head of a pin.Patitapetit knows how many angels can dance on the head of a pin.Patitapetit knows how many angels can dance on the head of a pin.Patitapetit knows how many angels can dance on the head of a pin.Patitapetit knows how many angels can dance on the head of a pin.Patitapetit knows how many angels can dance on the head of a pin.Patitapetit knows how many angels can dance on the head of a pin.

I've installed in an old Android Tablet the Kindle for Android, the number OwnedbyCats told.
I've got 3 prc from 3 ebooks I've bought [they have been published in February 2023]

Is there any option easier to get the Kindle Key than the instructions told by ownerbycats?

Old 02-23-2023, 11:52 AM   #73
DuckieTigger
Wizard
DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patitapetit View Post

Is there any option easier to get the Kindle Key than the instructions told by ownerbycats?
No, that is as easy as it gets, unfortunately.
Old 02-23-2023, 11:59 AM   #74
DuckieTigger
Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by ottischwenk View Post
No - use the values given there.
In one case it was 127.0.0.1:15114
On another PC it is 50984
Ah yes, it should be changed to "look up the port number when you enable debug mode in bluestacks"
Old 02-23-2023, 12:03 PM   #75
Patitapetit
Connoisseur

Quote:
Originally Posted by DuckieTigger View Post
No, that is as easy as it gets, unfortunately.
Thank you