Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Barnes & Noble NOOK

Notices

Old 04-25-2011, 09:28 PM   #1
zespectre
BookMonkey
zespectre might easily be mistaken for a Texanzespectre might easily be mistaken for a Texanzespectre might easily be mistaken for a Texanzespectre might easily be mistaken for a Texanzespectre might easily be mistaken for a Texanzespectre might easily be mistaken for a Texanzespectre might easily be mistaken for a Texanzespectre might easily be mistaken for a Texanzespectre might easily be mistaken for a Texanzespectre might easily be mistaken for a Texanzespectre might easily be mistaken for a Texan

Device: NOOK, iPod Touch, Asus Netbook
DIY NOOK cover

I wanted to stick my NOOK in something to protect it when traveling and just by chance I had an unused journal (which coincidentally was also bought from Barnes & Noble) that I thought would make an excellent "hollow book".

I started with the Olive Nepal Paper Journal with Stick Closure but unfortunately the rather interesting paper didn't get along well with trying to glue all the edges and it deteriorated into a soggy mess. I've done hollow books before and never had this problem so I was rather dissapointed.

So I pulled all the pages out and cut a foam rectangle and hot glued that into place to create a NOOK sized nook That worked well, but was rather ugly so I tried to cover up the edges and discovered that the "book" was now just a whisker too thick to close

So I had to slice the joints and re-attach them as best I could with what I had on hand.

Ultimately this was the result.

Closed and secured

Opening

Laid flat

And the entire cover folds behind for easy holding/reading.

Plus I'll give 5,000 "geek points" to anyone who understands the nerd humor of the title for this "book".

Ultimately it didn't turn out quite as neatly as I'd hoped/planned, however it does hold the NOOK securely in an "armored" and well padded enclosure that looks like "just some book" when it's closed (hopefully less tempting to thieves when I travel).
zespectre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2011, 06:41 AM   #2
Asawi
Gadgetoholic
Asawi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Asawi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Asawi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Asawi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Asawi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Asawi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Asawi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Asawi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Asawi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Asawi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Asawi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2, Tolino Vision 6
I like it! Thanks for the pictures. Very helpful!
Asawi is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-01-2011, 11:56 AM   #3
ksmith100056
ksmith100056 is on a distinguished road

Device: Nook
Cool! Thanks for posting.
ksmith100056 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2011, 11:16 AM   #4
mwheinz
award-winning bozo
mwheinz can program the VCR without an owner's manual.mwheinz can program the VCR without an owner's manual.mwheinz can program the VCR without an owner's manual.mwheinz can program the VCR without an owner's manual.mwheinz can program the VCR without an owner's manual.mwheinz can program the VCR without an owner's manual.mwheinz can program the VCR without an owner's manual.mwheinz can program the VCR without an owner's manual.mwheinz can program the VCR without an owner's manual.mwheinz can program the VCR without an owner's manual.mwheinz can program the VCR without an owner's manual.

Device: Kobo Libra 2
My own handmade cover

I used to use a paper Day Timer, long ago. Dug it out again as a case for my Sony PRS-600, and just modified it to fit my new Nook Color. I like it because the Day Timer binder is darn near indestructible.

mwheinz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2011, 03:35 PM   #5
zespectre
BookMonkey
zespectre might easily be mistaken for a Texanzespectre might easily be mistaken for a Texanzespectre might easily be mistaken for a Texanzespectre might easily be mistaken for a Texanzespectre might easily be mistaken for a Texanzespectre might easily be mistaken for a Texanzespectre might easily be mistaken for a Texanzespectre might easily be mistaken for a Texanzespectre might easily be mistaken for a Texanzespectre might easily be mistaken for a Texanzespectre might easily be mistaken for a Texan

mwheinz, that's a neat idea too. Do you find the NOOK flops around without straps on the corners or does it stay pretty tight in there?
Advert
Old 05-04-2011, 03:37 PM   #6
mwheinz
award-winning bozo
mwheinz can program the VCR without an owner's manual.mwheinz can program the VCR without an owner's manual.mwheinz can program the VCR without an owner's manual.mwheinz can program the VCR without an owner's manual.mwheinz can program the VCR without an owner's manual.mwheinz can program the VCR without an owner's manual.mwheinz can program the VCR without an owner's manual.mwheinz can program the VCR without an owner's manual.mwheinz can program the VCR without an owner's manual.mwheinz can program the VCR without an owner's manual.mwheinz can program the VCR without an owner's manual.

Device: Kobo Libra 2
Well, I don't read it in the case - the primary purpose is to safely store it when it's in my laptop bag (especially after my son managed to wreck a kobo that was in a case, in his bag...)

So, when the Day Timer is closed, everything is secure, but I remove the Nook to read it.
mwheinz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2011, 06:25 PM   #7
zespectre
BookMonkey

Quote:
So, when the Day Timer is closed, everything is secure, but I remove the Nook to read it.
Oh okay, got it.