Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Formats > Kindle Formats

Notices

Old 09-21-2013, 03:28 PM   #1
p_nut33
p_nut33 began at the beginning.

Device: asus tf300
CSS Overlays

Hello, I have an html file on which I use very simple css overlay feature. I wish to use this feature to display certain educational material while allowing the reader to remain right there on the part he was reading. I implemented one with ePub but it only works on one of the pages (cause that's where the div is located). Can this be done on kindle? Also does anyone know how to implement an overlay on everypage dynamically?

Thanks!
p_nut33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2013, 02:19 AM   #2
Doitsu
Grand Sorcerer
Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW2
Quote:
Originally Posted by p_nut33 View Post
Hello, I have an html file on which I use very simple css overlay feature. I wish to use this feature to display certain educational material while allowing the reader to remain right there on the part he was reading.
AFAIK, if at all, this can only be done in fixed layout Kindle books (KF8/AZW3), which support popups, however, it's a major PITA to properly code them.

For more information see the Amazon KF8 page and the Kindle Publishing Guidelines.
Doitsu is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-22-2013, 09:28 PM   #3
p_nut33
p_nut33 began at the beginning.

Device: asus tf300
I take it fixed layout means that its not "reflowable"?
p_nut33 is offline   Reply With Quote