Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader

Notices

Old 01-10-2010, 07:04 AM   #1
happysnapper22
Connoisseur
happysnapper22 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.happysnapper22 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.happysnapper22 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.happysnapper22 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.happysnapper22 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.happysnapper22 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.happysnapper22 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.happysnapper22 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.happysnapper22 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.happysnapper22 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.happysnapper22 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW2 & PW3
Deleting all content from eReader

Frankly am sick to death of this doorstop from Sony, Sony software that dosent work, mutiple copies of books on the device and in the Adobe App.

Is there an easy way to delete the content of the reaeder and re-sync to the Adobe app (have given up completely on the Sony effort and uninstalled it). to hopefull get rid of the mutiple copies.

I dont think i have any drm books on the device (and not about to be stupid enough to spend on stuff for which there is little expcteation that it will work ) definately nothing that i have paid for (no pirated downloads either just stuff from gttenburg and the other copyright free sites).
happysnapper22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2010, 08:37 AM   #2
RonF
Zealot
RonF has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.RonF has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.RonF has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.RonF has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: Sony PRS-300, K3 WiFi, K4 NT, PW2
A couple things. First - since you have no drm books, I (and just about everyone else that will chime in) must tell you to get Calibre. It is the easiest way to manage your ebooks. Forget Sony and Adobe. If you look at the last few threads with software problems you'll see that same answer.

Next, you can delete the books directly from the reader. Open the book, then utilities, then delete. I think, short of that, you would have to do a hard reset to delete everything.
RonF is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-10-2010, 08:42 AM   #3
lilac_jive
Grand Sorcerer
lilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud of

Device: PRS-505
You get multiple copies from synching in the Sony library. Stay away from that. Are you in the UK? Just wondering, if you're in the US you don't need to run ADE.

If you don't have DRM books though, you can just use Calibre. Personally I've never had a problem with the Sony software, but some do, and it sounds liek you don't need it.
lilac_jive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2010, 01:54 PM   #4
chainring
Addict
chainring ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chainring ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chainring ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chainring ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chainring ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chainring ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chainring ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chainring ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chainring ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chainring ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chainring ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650 (black), Kindle 3G
You can also do a format of the internal memory. Be forewarned though, it will delete everything, including notes and drawings. It's in the settings menu.
chainring is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2010, 03:13 PM   #5
JUDITH866
JUDITH866 began at the beginning.

Device: SONY READER PRS600
Got Sony 600 for Christmas and cannot purchase any book from the sony e-store and have been two weeks on phone with them to get matter fixed. Even got a new card with American address(am Canadian), and they still tell me zip code is wrong. It is NOT. If not resolved tomorrow, am boxing up all product and sending it back to SONY.

Have been on hold on the phone every day, hour after hour. Poor service. Wish I had bought a Kindle.
JUDITH866 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert