Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Deals and Resources (No Self-Promotion or Affiliate Links)

Notices

Old 12-27-2008, 11:07 AM   #31
cmbs
non-believer
cmbs will become famous soon enoughcmbs will become famous soon enoughcmbs will become famous soon enoughcmbs will become famous soon enoughcmbs will become famous soon enoughcmbs will become famous soon enoughcmbs will become famous soon enough

Device: Cybook Gen 3, JetBook Lite
Quote:
Originally Posted by Justy View Post
Hi Fiona, thanks for letting us know that the 25 euro discount doesn't translate directly to local currencies. I just checked and the discount shows as $25 Cdn for me, I'm sure it was a direct currency conversion last month. Oh well, at least there is a discount. I've added your email address to the Bebook Wiki page with the others.
Christine, I've added your email as well.
Thank you!
cmbs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2008, 05:17 PM   #32
UncleDuke
books & doughnuts
UncleDuke can name that ebook in five wordsUncleDuke can name that ebook in five wordsUncleDuke can name that ebook in five wordsUncleDuke can name that ebook in five wordsUncleDuke can name that ebook in five wordsUncleDuke can name that ebook in five wordsUncleDuke can name that ebook in five wordsUncleDuke can name that ebook in five wordsUncleDuke can name that ebook in five wordsUncleDuke can name that ebook in five wordsUncleDuke can name that ebook in five words

Device: sony reader, kindle2
Quote:
Originally Posted by cmbs View Post
I would be extremely happy to get a free bebook! I can't afford to buy these things and my cybook screen is misbehaving. Thanks!

Discount coupon: XXX

I will definitely tell when I have the required ten, I only need one bebook and someone else can use the referrals. In fact, I'll delete my email from this thread so nobody wastes referrals on it.
cmbs, i think you fail to understand the intent of the deal, the art of the deal if you will, first, you buy a bebook then others can use your code to get discounts and you can get all of your reader price refunded, you don't collect discounts until you get one for free

why are you here begging?
UncleDuke is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-28-2008, 05:30 PM   #33
cmbs
non-believer
cmbs will become famous soon enoughcmbs will become famous soon enoughcmbs will become famous soon enoughcmbs will become famous soon enoughcmbs will become famous soon enoughcmbs will become famous soon enoughcmbs will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by UncleDuke View Post
cmbs, i think you fail to understand the intent of the deal, the art of the deal if you will, first, you buy a bebook then others can use your code to get discounts and you can get all of your reader price refunded, you don't collect discounts until you get one for free

why are you here begging?

"Whats in it for me?
Once you have 10 referral sales: you get a free BeBook. (Or, if you already ordered one, we'll fully refund your payment.)"

http://mybebook.com/free_bebook.html
Old 12-28-2008, 09:55 PM   #34
UncleDuke
books & doughnuts
UncleDuke can name that ebook in five wordsUncleDuke can name that ebook in five wordsUncleDuke can name that ebook in five wordsUncleDuke can name that ebook in five wordsUncleDuke can name that ebook in five wordsUncleDuke can name that ebook in five wordsUncleDuke can name that ebook in five wordsUncleDuke can name that ebook in five wordsUncleDuke can name that ebook in five wordsUncleDuke can name that ebook in five wordsUncleDuke can name that ebook in five words

Device: sony reader, kindle2
there is a line and i think you crossed it

it is onee thing to help people like the guy that developed calibre or the ones that helped me get the new icons on my sony

it is ok to say i bought a reader and if you use this code it will reduce my price

i draw the line at i WANT a new reader, use my code so i get a FREE one
UncleDuke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2008, 10:21 PM   #35
tompe
Grand Sorcerer
tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage, Nexus 5, Kindle PW
Quote:
Originally Posted by UncleDuke View Post
there is a line and i think you crossed it

it is onee thing to help people like the guy that developed calibre or the ones that helped me get the new icons on my sony

it is ok to say i bought a reader and if you use this code it will reduce my price

i draw the line at i WANT a new reader, use my code so i get a FREE one
If you look in this thread and others many people have done just that (said nothing or that they want a free Bebook). And I do not think it is problematic at all. And it seems better to support somebody that have not yet bought a Bebook if you want to promote the Bebook.

And when these kind of things started to appear people did not tell that they would get one for free (which is my line...).
tompe is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-29-2008, 01:29 AM   #36
Justy
Fanatic
Justy has much to be proud ofJusty has much to be proud ofJusty has much to be proud ofJusty has much to be proud ofJusty has much to be proud ofJusty has much to be proud ofJusty has much to be proud ofJusty has much to be proud ofJusty has much to be proud ofJusty has much to be proud ofJusty has much to be proud of

Device: Nexus 7, Sony Xperia z3 tablet, Kobo Glo, Boyue T63
Quote:
Originally Posted by tompe View Post
If you look in this thread and others many people have done just that (said nothing or that they want a free Bebook). And I do not think it is problematic at all. And it seems better to support somebody that have not yet bought a Bebook if you want to promote the Bebook.

And when these kind of things started to appear people did not tell that they would get one for free (which is my line...).
I think the end result is a free BeBook, regardless of pay up front or not. As long as we all play nice and remove our coupon codes from the BeBook Wiki as soon as we get our 10 referrals it is all good as far as I'm concerned.

There are a lot more email coupons on the Wiki than there are posts in this thread, so I'm sure at least a few are like cmbs and are hoping for a free BeBook to replace another eBook reader which isn't working, or wanting to jump into the eInk world which they might not have been able to some other way.
Justy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2009, 08:15 PM   #37
dcalder
Zealot
dcalder knows what is on the back of the AURYN.dcalder knows what is on the back of the AURYN.dcalder knows what is on the back of the AURYN.dcalder knows what is on the back of the AURYN.dcalder knows what is on the back of the AURYN.dcalder knows what is on the back of the AURYN.dcalder knows what is on the back of the AURYN.dcalder knows what is on the back of the AURYN.dcalder knows what is on the back of the AURYN.dcalder knows what is on the back of the AURYN.dcalder knows what is on the back of the AURYN.

Device: Sony PRS-300/Kindle Keyboard/iPad Mini
I just ordered and got a $25 Cdn discount with the coupon code from the Wiki. Considering that the BEBOOK includes the cover, that brings it very close to the same cost as a Cybook from Books on Board. Even though I have, obviously, already ordered, I added my email to the bottom of the list in the Wiki. If I happen to eventually get a free BEBOOK, I know just who's going to be getting it. Having one already doesn't mean that someone doesn't have an excellent opportunity to promote ebook devices through gifting a second, free, one to a friend or relative!
dcalder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2009, 09:07 PM   #38
cmbs
non-believer

I think that a casual reader would come along and use the code in the first post without reading the whole thread. Therefore I think it would be nice if a mod came and deleted all the email addresses of those who we know have gotten a free bebook. There's no reason to keep giving them readers while others are waiting for one.

In fact I think if someone wanted to organize this better there could be a final post on this thread (locking it afterwards) sending people to the wiki and to a new thread in which the first post has a constantly updated list of emails to be used, in order, with explanation of how it's being done. This would be in addition to removing all the emails of people who have already gotten a free reader.

A lot of readers need to be bought to get people a free one, and I hate to think of some people getting several while others get none. I hate to think of wasted referrals. It could be better organized, if someone wanted to take on responsibility for keeping up with it.
Old 01-07-2009, 10:08 PM   #39
Justy
Fanatic
Justy has much to be proud ofJusty has much to be proud ofJusty has much to be proud ofJusty has much to be proud ofJusty has much to be proud ofJusty has much to be proud ofJusty has much to be proud ofJusty has much to be proud ofJusty has much to be proud ofJusty has much to be proud ofJusty has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmbs View Post
I think that a casual reader would come along and use the code in the first post without reading the whole thread. Therefore I think it would be nice if a mod came and deleted all the email addresses of those who we know have gotten a free bebook. There's no reason to keep giving them readers while others are waiting for one.
I agree with this, if the email was replaced with a link to the Wiki that would solve any confusion over which email to use first

Quote:
In fact I think if someone wanted to organize this better there could be a final post on this thread (locking it afterwards) sending people to the wiki and to a new thread in which the first post has a constantly updated list of emails to be used, in order, with explanation of how it's being done. This would be in addition to removing all the emails of people who have already gotten a free reader.
WOW, this sounds like a lot of work, there are currently at least 3 open threads with coupon emails. I think those posts pointed to the Wiki that would help, but having someone constantly update the first message of a new thread with new emails would be a lot of work. It would be much better if everyone just put their email address into the Wiki at the bottom and removed it from the top when they get their referrals. This way the constantly changing list is always up to date and only in 1 place. Perhaps the first entry of the possible new thread could also point to the Wiki and those with new coupons could post saying they have added their email and post again, or edit their post, when they receive their 10 referrals.
Old 01-07-2009, 11:43 PM   #40
mobelby
Zealot
mobelby doesn't littermobelby doesn't littermobelby doesn't litter

Device: eeepc 901
I have to say I agree with UncleDuke. Otherwise the reputation of this fabulous website risks being besmirched by being utilised by those who want something for nothing. I also wonder whether bebook would approve of the wiki being used that way
mobelby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2009, 02:15 PM   #41
pilotbob
Grand Sorcerer
pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by mobelby View Post
I have to say I agree with UncleDuke. Otherwise the reputation of this fabulous website risks being besmirched by being utilised by those who want something for nothing. I also wonder whether bebook would approve of the wiki being used that way
I rather think BeBook likes every sale we send them.

BOb
pilotbob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2009, 03:36 PM   #42
cmbs
non-believer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Justy View Post
I agree with this, if the email was replaced with a link to the Wiki that would solve any confusion over which email to use first

WOW, this sounds like a lot of work, there are currently at least 3 open threads with coupon emails. I think those posts pointed to the Wiki that would help, but having someone constantly update the first message of a new thread with new emails would be a lot of work. It would be much better if everyone just put their email address into the Wiki at the bottom and removed it from the top when they get their referrals. This way the constantly changing list is always up to date and only in 1 place. Perhaps the first entry of the possible new thread could also point to the Wiki and those with new coupons could post saying they have added their email and post again, or edit their post, when they receive their 10 referrals.
I was thinking ONE open forum thread on the subject with a correct list (which is obviously going to require updating), which should be identical to the wiki list. I didn't realize there were several threads. The reason people start new threads is probably because they don't realize it's already being discussed somewhere.

I didn't realize there was a wiki on this when I posted here, and I read a lot of the thread. Reading the entire thread is asking a lot of someone just coming along not having read any of it. It's mostly "yeah, add me too".

So the idea is to organize the subject, keep an accurate list, and to also make sure anyone new to the thread/list understands how it's working. You're only going to really accomplish that in the first post of a thread (possibly even a sticky thread), and because of the fact it's a revolving list, it'll need updating.

Yes, someone would have to be willing to take on the responsibility. And a mod would have to lock the threads, with a post pointing to the relevent thread and wiki. Once it's straightened out, it'd just be a matter of checking and maintaining.

OH, and good idea about replacing email addresses with links to the wiki! Want to approach a mod and ask them to do it?

Last edited by cmbs; 01-08-2009 at 03:38 PM.
Old 01-09-2009, 03:56 PM   #43
genjsk
genjsk began at the beginning.

Device: Hanlin
Well I'm adding my e-mail: janskerik@hotmail.com if anyone want the discount.
genjsk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2009, 12:13 AM   #44
Justy
Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by genjsk View Post
Well I'm adding my e-mail if anyone want the discount.
Hi genjsk, I've added your email to the BeBook Wiki so that everyone can see it.
https://wiki.mobileread.com/wiki/Bebook
Old 01-10-2009, 04:01 PM   #45
genjsk
genjsk began at the beginning.

Device: Hanlin
Thank you justy
genjsk is offline   Reply With Quote