Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Introduce Yourself

Notices

Old 08-25-2014, 07:56 PM   #1
catlight
catlight ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.catlight ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.catlight ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.catlight ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.catlight ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.catlight ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.catlight ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.catlight ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.catlight ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.catlight ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.catlight ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kobo aura hd, kobo touch, kindle dx
Hello, hello

What can I say... I stumbled across this in a search, and of course I found I had an opinion!

Addicted to reading, with a leaning to science, history, technology, SF, and probably other things.

Hard core techie at heart, sans details.

Currently bouncing among laptop, tablet, and three e-readers depending on when/where/what. The fourth e-reader has yet to be charged and loaded (it was grabbed for a cheap experiment that never got done).

I prefer real books most of the time, except in the dark, but don't want to have to carry them / make up my mind / not have a library with me.

Laptops are OK, particularly when running two or three screens and you want a reference, but not convenient for normal reading.

Tablets suck. Too heavy, too short a battery life, too many fiddling details.

Small readers with e-paper screens are good for casual reading, not so good for .pdf files.

Larger e-readers good for pdfs, and better for technical manuals if they don't have touchscreens (so you can run your fingers over figures, diagrams, flowcharts, and tables).

Active e-readers: Kobo Touch, Kobo Aura HD, Kindle DX.
catlight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2014, 10:09 PM   #2
MickeyC
Grand Sorcerer
MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone 6 plus, Sony T1, iPad 3
Sorry catlight, but we're not letting any more Canadians join MobileRead until you stop sending those damn Alberta clippers down here.

Shoot. I didn't think you'd fall for that one. Anyway, welcome to MobileRead. And that was a great intro,eh
MickeyC is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-26-2014, 10:54 AM   #3
Quexos
Member Retired
Quexos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quexos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quexos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quexos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quexos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quexos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quexos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quexos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quexos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quexos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quexos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
A thorough intro if there ever was one.
Welcome to the forum
Quexos is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
aura, e-paper, kindle, kobo, pdf