Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Marvin

Notices

Old 03-17-2014, 05:25 PM   #1
chilady1
I devour books!
chilady1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chilady1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chilady1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chilady1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chilady1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chilady1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chilady1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chilady1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chilady1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chilady1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chilady1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Air, Kindle 3/Kobo Aura HD, iPhone 6
Google Cloud Storage vs. Dropbox

Right now, Google Cloud storage is offering 100Gb for $1.99/month and this is tempting offer to move from Dropbox where all of my books and so forth are stored.

I know the Marvin app allows me to get books from Dropbox, what would be the equivalent of this if I was using Google?

Also, anyone have any experience with Google's cloud storage? I really do love Dropbox as once a doc is stored, it is synced almost immediately. Not really familiar with Google's storage so thought I would get some opinions from a very learned crowd.

Thanks in advance for any responses.

P.S. Pricing also states 1 TB for $9.99/mo - that's a really good deal!

P.S.S. For those wondering why I posted in the Marvin thread simply this - because Marvin is my one and only app for reading so before doing anything, I have to make sure it is compatible with Marvin.

Last edited by chilady1; 03-17-2014 at 05:27 PM.
chilady1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2014, 12:31 AM   #2
kyteflyer
Wizard
kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone SE2020
Probably the same as we do for Dropbox if not using the Marvin method, which is to access the files in the Dropbox app, download, and open with Marvin (or whatever else your choice may be) Its just as easy.
kyteflyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-18-2014, 01:00 PM   #3
kguil
Addict
kguil ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kguil ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kguil ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kguil ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kguil ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kguil ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kguil ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kguil ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kguil ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kguil ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kguil ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Marvin for iOS
I'm looking into adding support for the Google Drive API at some point but I don't have a timeline yet.
kguil is offline   Reply With Quote