Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 10-08-2012, 01:05 AM   #1
mezme
Connoisseur
mezme began at the beginning.

Device: PRS700
Find books in library using regex search

I was wondering if one of our resident regex guru's might can help me...

I use the rating field to indicate read or unread books. 3 is unread and 5 is read. I am wanting to do a search and locate all series that have books marked with a 3 and a 5 in it.

I know how to do simple searches like (series:true rating:5) to find all books with a series and a rating of 5... but not how to find all books with a series that have books with a 5 and a 3 rating.

For example I want it to...:

It would find:
rating:3 Author Name - Series Name - Title
rating:5 Author Name - Series Name - Title

It would not find:

and it would not find:

Anyway... help anyone?
Mezme
mezme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2012, 01:47 AM   #2
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo:Touch,Glo, AuraH2O, GloHD,AuraONE, ClaraHD, Libra H2O; tolinoepos
I think you want:

series:true ( rating:3 or rating:5)
davidfor is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-08-2012, 08:43 AM   #3
PeterT
Grand Sorcerer
PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Clara, Touch, Tolino EPOS
@Davidfor; mezme is looking for a far more complicated search, one that I don't think can be done.

The request is for a search that will find a series that is PARTIALLY read; ie a series that contains BOTH ratings 3 AND 5.
PeterT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2012, 08:49 AM   #4
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
Search operates on a per book level, therefore it is not possible to make a query about objects that are not books, like series or authors.

One thing that might help in your particular case is to sort the Tag Browser by average rating, then look at the list of series in the Tag Browser (if you enable grouping you should have a group of read searies and a group of unread series and a group of partial series).
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2012, 07:13 PM   #5
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo:Touch,Glo, AuraH2O, GloHD,AuraONE, ClaraHD, Libra H2O; tolinoepos
Quote:
Originally Posted by PeterT View Post
@Davidfor; mezme is looking for a far more complicated search, one that I don't think can be done.

The request is for a search that will find a series that is PARTIALLY read; ie a series that contains BOTH ratings 3 AND 5.
Well, yes, if you want to read ALL the words in the post and pay attention to ALL of them.

And I knew my answer was to simple.
davidfor is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-23-2012, 01:10 AM   #6
mezme
Connoisseur
mezme began at the beginning.

Device: PRS700
I was hoping... but

What I was looking for was a search that would do the following:
Book A Series A Rating 5
Book B Series A Rating 3
Book C Series A Rating 3

So that I could easily find series that I have read (marked with a 5) and have added a new book to but haven't yet read (marked with a 3).

I was thinking it would be too complicated for a regex search but figured it was worth asking.
mezme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2012, 01:29 AM   #7
speakingtohe
Wizard
speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: sony PRS-T1 and T3, Kobo Mini and Aura HD, Tablet
Probably not what you want but I use Alt+A and Alt+Shift+S a lot to get books in same series or by same author. Faster than tag browser for me.

Helen
speakingtohe is offline   Reply With Quote